View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
OMG
He is going to do it in front of a live audience over a lightpole in las vegas in front of the luxor on june 5th for his opening episode for season 3.
Whatch that so youll see its not on a closed set.
Im not saying hes some kind of god who can float he even says its an illusion.
hes just got some kind of really good gimmick. Or something.

It will more than likely be a different method with the Luxor float. I am a fan of Criss Angel, but his building float is staged and can not be done without the use of a camera, that is all I am saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:43 pm 
Penguin

Thank you Guardian 452 good point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:41 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well I was thinking about it but, I like your moms house
oztheozzie wrote:
grow up.......Criss Angel? You should be embarrased :oops:

LoL that funn oz.I agree He is ok though but camera tricks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:00 am 
born to perform.

Well Criss Angel is Skilled at what he dose...and what he dose is mostly Camera Tricks....but he dose have some tricks that use some skill like sinful...but for the most part he dose use stooges and camera tricks...but he makes it look quite good and thats all that really matters...you dont have to look at him as a skilled Magician because he is not one....but rather you should look at him as a skilled ellutionist on the stage...but sadly to do that sort of stuff on the street is just impossible so in the category of street magician he fails...but in the category of actor he strives...... :D Just my two cents :) ......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:39 am 
born to perform.

Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
I agree with Safefer, he's great with his acting. :)

A magician last night at my local shop said that he had met Criss before, and he's actually a very nice guy. It would be nice to talk to him. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:36 am 
Penguin

Here is one of his manycamera tricks

in season one where he floats the frisbee then makes it fly to the japanese guy, the japanese guy is standing behind him when criss makes it fly off the camera, then the guy that is behind him magically translocates across the park and catches it.

LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:00 am 
Penguin

Criss is my favorite magician! i might meet him in a week!
He does not usse camera tricks or editing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

rileystreetmagician wrote:
Criss is my favorite magician! i might meet him in a week!
He does not usse camera tricks or editing.

Yes he does. Like when he rides the bike through the fire... that was so camera editing. If you slow it down, you can even see him on the bike jump to the left in mid-air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:10 pm 
born to perform.

There is much proof that he does use camera tricks. I only have a problem with his street magic, as I have seen portions of his stage show and they are awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:41 pm 
Penguin

rileystreetmagician you might meet criss that's awesome! How are you like going to las vegas or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:32 am 
Penguin

Sorry to say,Chris is not the best,in my opinion.I think he is a great platform for getting magic to laypeople.Yo have great magicians that don't use stooges over and over.Cyril,Tim Ellis etc. are very good magicians,just have different venues.There are a lot of good magicians.Chris is just more publicized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:00 am 
born to perform.

Bliztmagic wrote:
David Blaine And Criss angel have a telvision show, in fact, but it dont means that they are the greatest magicians ever, They are only popular and have good contacts. Morgan Strebler is not on tv, but look at he's videos, he has brough so many cool bending effect in magic, on that point i think he is far beyond Criss skill, and he dosent have a tv show.

![/b]

Morgan Strebler umm... bend freak?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:01 pm 
Penguin

Guardian452 wrote:
either way

david blaine, lance burton, criss angel who have you

they are entertaing the public

Who cares if we as magicians think of it as camera trick or whatever

either way they are bringing more and mroe people interested into magic
so why should we care what he does, he/ they are havin gmore and more people interested into magic than we could on our own

we dont have tv shows, tv specials or whatever, but they do and they are taking as much advantage of that then they can so things seem more and more amazing than humanly possible (even if it is with camera and editing techniques) :wink:

I agree completely with you Guardian. Sure, on his big stuff, he tends to edited the edited out of his tricks. But the show wasn't made for us. And even though most of us don't like it, this is still the probably the most used Forum in The Hall Of Fame. We're still talking about him.

And about his TV show, it wasn't designed to be duplicated. I disagree with the fact that he - often to an annoying extent - sells the fact that he can do any of this live. He may not be able to float from a building to another live, but he still had a spectacular show with Supernatural, and Mindfreak, and I'm sure his Cirque du Soleil in Vegas will be wonderful as well.

He is known for his television show, and laypeople love it. I'm only bothered by it when people ask if I can do that. I usually just turn it into something else, like "Well I can do this" kind of a thing. But all of his camera tricks and shortcomings don't take away from the fact that he's an excellent performer, and skilled at magic. For all those naysayers, check out his live show, he's pretty decent.

Sorry I've ranted... I should make an essay haha

Magically yours,
Brien :D

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:56 pm 
Penguin

For those of you who dont like angel cause hes done a couple camera tricks you need to think about the HUGE illusions that hes done that werent camera tricks, yes hes used camera tricks for things like walking up a building or levetaing from one building to another, but what about the other illusions that hes done that werent camera tricks, like sawing himself in half while his body was in view the whole time instead of being in a box, or making a go-kart dissapear, i know how he did that and it sure wasnt a camera trick, or how about when he floated above the luxor, im pretty sure i know how he did that, and it DEFINATELY wasnt a camera trick, think about it, i seriously doubt that he paid almost all of las vegas to say he was really levitating. Now think about this, what has Blaine done, oh yeah hes made coffe into coins, BIG WHOOP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I would rather see David Blaine turning a cup of coffee into a full cup of coins and giving it to a homeless man than seeing Angel pulling that crap and saying, "What you see is what you get". Also, if you read Blaine's book, he actually brought the homeless man into his hotel later that night, let him take a bath, gave him clothes, and gave him all the cash he had on him. Does that sound like something Angel would do? No! Not without a bunch of cameras filming him, with an actor pretending to be a homeless guy. Fact of the matter is Blaine has used camera tricks once, and that was for the levitation. He still levitated, but he did make it look better than what it actually was. Just my two cents on your opinion of Angel over Blaine... using your example, I might add.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next