View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Whos better???
Criss Angel 43%  43%  [ 41 ]
David Blaine 57%  57%  [ 54 ]
Total votes : 95
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:36 am 
born to perform.

yeah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:26 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
You cant say Angel is a bad magician. He has an amazing live show show and has won many awards, including magician of the year. He might use camera editing but that doesnt take away from the fact that he is a good, entertaining magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:39 pm 
born to perform.

yeah..but on his show Mindfrak...you can tell that he uses camera editing..and also..on the latest....he wlked on water...you cant do that!!!!....o and also..when he put up the cloth.....and then he dissapered...he OBVIOUSLY CUT THE FILM..AND THEN PRESSED PLEY WITH IT!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:35 am 
born to perform.

Guardian452 wrote:
yeah..but on his show Mindfrak...you can tell that he uses camera editing..and also..on the latest....he wlked on water...you cant do that!!!!....o and also..when he put up the cloth.....and then he dissapered...he OBVIOUSLY CUT THE FILM..AND THEN PRESSED PLEY WITH IT!!!!!!
Nah, walking on water is a real trick. Andrew Kole does it in a lake and has people come out and put hoops everywhere. And self vanishes I wouldn't doubt they were real. They are about 5,000 dollars. I know those tricks have real methods to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:03 am 
born to perform.

o..ok thanks for clearing that up for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
Just because you dont know how to do something doesnt mean it uses camera editing to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:30 pm 
born to perform.

yeah...but mostly criss uses camera for some tricks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:38 pm 
Penguin

i also dislike both....but blaine is IMO the better of the two

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:40 pm 
born to perform.

Even if he does use some camera tricks his show is a lot more entertaining than Blaines. I thought I spotted some editig on Blaines last special. Angles show is a lot more entertaining for layman, even if he does use camera editing and stooges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:39 pm 
born to perform.

yeah..i perfer Blaine because..hes more of a street magician type than angel..hes (to me) seems like more street performer. but im just saying that because..i know hes entertaing..but he just doesnt seem like a street magicain to me (i know hes a great one..dont get me wrong) but thats just what i get from him....but I ABSOLUTLY LOVE HIS SHOW..ITS AWESOME!!!!! but thats just me and also (i dont mean magician and performer the same way...im not too too sure on what i mean..but thats the best way i could describe it. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:16 pm 
born to perform.

Criss is a lot better on stage then he is on street, and he has been doing stage a lot longer. Criss started doing street more recently to become famous to laymen. Criss and David just have very different performing styles so it is understandable some people will like hte other a lot more, but I still think they are both good magicians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:22 pm 
born to perform.

sullyman wrote:
Criss is a lot better on stage then he is on street, and he has been doing stage a lot longer. Criss started doing street more recently to become famous to laymen. Criss and David just have very different performing styles so it is understandable some people will like hte other a lot more, but I still think they are both good magicians.

You see people like me don't hate him because he's a stage magician.

There are mainly two reasons we do:

1. He overuses camera editing and stooges.

2. His attitude, he publicly challenged and denounced Blaine. Some also believe he only cares about money and fame and that he does not really care for the art.

That's basically the reasons why we dislike him, whether they are credible or not, nobody can say for sure, but there are evidence that lead us to beleive so, and I still strongly believe so. But of course you can beleive what you want.

Sorry, I know I said I won't be bashing Angel anymore to slow down the arguements of his camera tricks and all, but this wasn't really a bashing post, more of a clearing up post.

Hope you understand.

-Oztheozzie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I don't dislike Angel, he has some good characteristics. He can even do some magic from time to time. But as far as performing magic in general, technical skill, and overall showmanship, Criss does not hold a candle to Blaine. Providing one actually has a thorough knowledge of presentation, magic theory, and technical skill to actually be able to make an accurate assessment. I also find Blaine to be much more likeable, and more down to earth as well.

I would much rather watch a guy strolling down the street with a deck of cards, than one floating around in the sky awkwardly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:30 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of Cool People Clique-now accepting applications
I find Criss to be a little...emotional. I think that David is more of a magician. I dont like DB that much, but he is still better than Angel Soft Toilet Paper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:05 pm 
born to perform.

oztheozzie wrote:
2. His attitude, he publicly challenged and denounced Blaine. Some also believe he only cares about money and fame and that he does not really care for the art.

I am suprised that he did that after Blaine supported him on oasis and i have no defense for him on that one. I do believe that he does care about magic because people arent going to put in the time neccasary to get to the the level he is at if it is something they dont care about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next