View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

How often do you think Criss Angel uses camera trickery(any illusion that cannot be accomplished without the camera)?
Never 7%  7%  [ 14 ]
Less than 5% of the time 8%  8%  [ 17 ]
5-10% of the time 5%  5%  [ 11 ]
10-20% of the time 5%  5%  [ 11 ]
20-30% of the time 9%  9%  [ 20 ]
30-40% of the time 7%  7%  [ 15 ]
40-50% of the time 12%  12%  [ 26 ]
50-70% of the time 15%  15%  [ 33 ]
70-90% of the time 18%  18%  [ 39 ]
Above 90% of the time 13%  13%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 215
 Post subject: Do You Think Angel Uses Camera Tricks?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:26 pm 
born to perform.

I think Criss Angel uses camera tricks, as in an effect that could not be done without a camera, about 20-30% of the time on his television shows. I have read posts from people who disagree and reply almost immediately to anyone who agrees with me, so I wanted to post a poll on here to see if the majority is in agreement with me or those few other people. If the majority agrees with them, I'm not going to post stuff saying its only a camera trick anymore even though that is what I believe. It would be pointless for me to disagree with a majority, however, I hope that those few people I have in mind, I will not name you because I think you've got a right to your opinion, will do the same if the majority is in agreement with me. So please vote so that maybe this will help in stopping arguements about whether criss angel is using camera tricks or not. We all think one way or the other, and more than likely there is no way we can change each other's opinions, so lets respect the majority and be quiet if we are the minority on here. It sounds bad, but then we can actually talk about the topics we want to.

Also if you post on here back up your opinions with facts. I don't mean I saw a wire flash or he did a trick in front of a real audience either. That helps neither arguement. I mean cuts and stuff like that. So please don't say stuff like "he doesn't use cgi, he is way too talented for that." No one here is even talking about cgi. Don't just say "You can't fly" because with millions of magicians in the world there has to be one who could do an illusion of flying ok, so that doesn't help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:31 pm 
born to perform.

I think he uses stooges the same amount as he uses camera trickery...above 90 percent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:35 pm 
born to perform.

Blindside462 wrote:
I think he uses stooges the same amount as he uses camera trickery...above 90 percent

That's a little much don't ya think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:37 pm 
born to perform.

oztheozzie wrote:
Blindside462 wrote:

That's a little much don't ya think?
Nope..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:46 pm 
born to perform.

I think CameraEdit is gonna vote for "never".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:48 pm 
Penguin

You should define something at the beginning of this. Criss Angel presents some of his effects as though on the street, but some of them are to be recreated at his Live Shows, such as the Building Walk.

Other effects are street magic tricks. He mixes up the stage and the street as well as stunts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 pm 
born to perform.

CameraEdit wrote:
You should define something at the beginning of this. Criss Angel presents some of his effects as though on the street, but some of them are to be recreated at his Live Shows, such as the Building Walk.

Other effects are street magic tricks. He mixes up the stage and the street as well as stunts.
*cough* And stooges *cough*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:00 pm 
born to perform.

CameraEdit wrote:

The stunts you talk about, I wouldn't beleive they are stunts. If they are 100% legit, he should have media people cover it, they will make sure there is no trickery behind them. I believe most or maybe all his "stunts" are actually illusions. Blaine's stunts are covered by the media, there is no way any trickery could be involved.

-Oztheozzie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:07 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of Cool People Clique-now accepting applications
oztheozzie wrote:
CameraEdit wrote:

The stunts you talk about, I wouldn't beleive they are stunts. If they are 100% legit, he should have media people cover it, they will make sure there is no trickery behind them. I believe most or maybe all his "stunts" are actually illusions. Blaine's stunts are covered by the media, there is no way any trickery could be involved.

-Oztheozzie

True!! :shock:

Thats all I can say to that, haha.

-Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:15 pm 
Penguin

maybe some poeple just dont understand his position and how there are so many expectations of him....he runs a series and needs new material constantly... and material that will keep good ratings(one stunt in a series would not keep viewers tuned).....he is a professional....you cant expect thousands of people(lamen) to WANT to watch a series of only classic magic tricks... i know that i would love it, but im a magician and not a lamen. If you wanted to make money on a series it must be made for the majority of the public and that doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out...so OF COURSE there will be stooges to aid with SOME of the effects.....i do not believe any of his effects works entirely on just stooges or camera tricks for that matter.... even if there are camera tricks, this is for the TV VIEWING audience... and you can rest assured he does perform the actual "EFFECT" one way or another in front of a LIVE audience. It just may not look like what you saw on TV because of the edits...

IM SICK OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT CAMERA EDITS WHEN IT IS THE ONE THING THAT IS KEEPING ALL OF OUR SECRETS SAFE... ALMOST EVERYONE IN THE WORLD WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE A DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDER. I HAVE NO DOUBTS THERE WOULD BE PEOPLE(lamen only) WHO WOULD TOTALLY EXPOSE ALL THE SECRETS ON THE WEB(EVEN TO MAKE MONEY OFF IT), HAD CRISS ANGEL RECORDED EVERYTHING(INCLUDING MISDIRECTIONS) ON A TV SERIES!!!, WHICH WOULD CONSIST OF TONS OF REALLY GOOD TRICKS/STUNTS AND TONS OF SECRETS EXPOSED... I WISH YOU WOULD ALL STOP WHINING JUST BECAUSE YOU CANT FIND OUT THE SECRET BECAUSE OF AN EDIT, ITS JUST CHILDISH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:30 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
CameraEdit wrote:

-Oztheozzie

very true....i believe criss angel is a very good illusionist.

and "there is no way" is a very confident statement...
did you ever watch star wars?
"only a sith deals in absolutes" -- Obi Wan Kenobi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:11 pm 

I'd much rather Angel leave out the edits and cause tricks to be exposed by people that like to TiVo the show and rewind it over and over until they learn the secret. I'd rather every curious laymen be able to learn the secrets to our effects. That'd make me happy. Think about why he edits out the stuff. Is it really a big deal if he edits out a force? Editing to protect the method is completely different from camera editing to create the method and once again, no one has proven to me that he's using editing. It could be that you guys just don't know the secret and don't like that, so you automatically jump to camera editing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:14 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
I'd much rather Angel leave out the edits and cause tricks to be exposed by people that like to TiVo the show and rewind it over and over until they learn the secret. I'd rather every curious laymen be able to learn the secrets to our effects. That'd make me happy. Think about why he edits out the stuff. Is it really a big deal if he edits out a force? Editing to protect the method is completely different from camera editing to create the method and once again, no one has proven to me that he's using editing. It could be that you guys just don't know the secret and don't like that, so you automatically jump to camera editing.
So far in every mindfreak episode I know everything....I know when he needs it and when he doesnt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:18 pm 

I don't doubt that he uses them. I know that he has to top season one and it seems that Banachek is all out of ideas(inside joke), so editing would be natural. The thing is that no one can give me an undeniable proof that he's editing stuff out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:32 pm 
Penguin

I guess according to you guys when party's like this have a PUBLIC INVITE that only the STOOGES SHOW UP ? Yea right.
IF this appears on MindFreak, it is 'stooges' 'camera edits' and whatever else that people can say without saying ''Gee I don't know how that was done"!

Last edited by CameraEdit on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next