View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

How often do you think Criss Angel uses camera trickery(any illusion that cannot be accomplished without the camera)?
Never 7%  7%  [ 14 ]
Less than 5% of the time 8%  8%  [ 17 ]
5-10% of the time 5%  5%  [ 11 ]
10-20% of the time 5%  5%  [ 11 ]
20-30% of the time 9%  9%  [ 20 ]
30-40% of the time 7%  7%  [ 15 ]
40-50% of the time 12%  12%  [ 26 ]
50-70% of the time 15%  15%  [ 33 ]
70-90% of the time 18%  18%  [ 39 ]
Above 90% of the time 13%  13%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 215
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:14 am 
Penguin

He does use camera trick/edit. Discussion on this trick from aetv.com.
http://boards.aetv.com/thread.jspa?thre ... 2294848939

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:42 pm 
born to perform.

Yay, we have proof now! He's a Camera-edit-freak! Camera-freak!!!! Camera-freak!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Sorry for that. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:43 pm 
born to perform.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

darn it tony, I thought I told you to stay off the crack!!!!!!!

Anyway, this really doesnt prove anything except the fact that someone came into a forum and his only 2 posts are what we read there. Who knows if he is BSing or what. Also, like I have said many times before, Mindfreak is a Television show, not a live stage show. Of course he is going to change things around to make for good television. In my honest opinion anyway, this effect wasnt that great because during that particular episode they showed the vanish about 20 times before they actually showed the whole effect. kind of a filler episode if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:18 am 
Penguin

The poster is on crack. That isn't how it happened at all. But forget believing me or anyone, just look at this key line in what he says....

Quote:
3.) Criss made the big motorcycle jump from one ramp to another

I can't comment on how the effect was done, but I think there are many here who might have a 'clue'.

But here is a 'clue' for people who might not have a 'clue'.

Watch the video, when Criss rides his motorcycle waaaay in the distance....something happens.....which.....makes it very possible.....for him to show up in the crowd.......which is what happened! So that is all I am going to say, it is a simple effect easily done and pulled off with no need for edits.

I honestly would think if someone was going to lie about something like this they would go after the less PUBLIC stunts :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:19 pm 
born to perform.

CameraEdit wrote:
The poster is on crack. That isn't how it happened at all. But forget believing me or anyone, just look at this key line in what he says....

Quote:

I can't comment on how the effect was done, but I think there are many here who might have a 'clue'.

Watch the video, when Criss rides his motorcycle waaaay in the distance....something happens.....which.....makes it very possible.....for him to show up in the crowd.......which is what happened! So that is all I am going to say, it is a simple effect easily done and pulled off with no need for edits.

I honestly would think if someone was going to lie about something like this they would go after the less PUBLIC stunts :roll:

Of course man, if you say so. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:48 pm 
Penguin

CameraEdit wrote:

Quote:

OOHH! So you're saying that's otnay risscay on the otorcyclemay? Well you're just about as brilliant as I've come across. Who in the world would have ever thought that? Man oh man. You some kinda frickin' genius or what.

Next you'll be telling us how you've figured out where the little red silk goes when the birthday party magician pokes it into his closed fist with his thumb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:15 am 
Penguin

randwill

*IF* you would read for a change it might help you understand what people mean, but seeing as you prolly have a problem seeing beyond your nose there isn't much I can do. I was responding to the poster who thought Criss couldn't appear in the crowd, but he did.

Anyway you and Oz are pretty idiotic. Didn't hold out hope for any intelligence beyond a primate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:11 am 
born to perform.

well for the towel catching air that was definatetly a camera trick he ran away and was under the towel. he did the catching air on his towel and left but it turns out he caught himself but we saw. not possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:27 am 
born to perform.

hasnt this been beaten to the ground....this is the bottom line...camera tricks for some stuff...some for not...why is it a 10 page thread..makes no sense to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:34 am 
Emperor Penguin

because of spam :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:46 pm 
Penguin

I want somebody to post a reply towards me about which trick Criss Angel uses edits. And do not say Building Float for I know how he does that one and for being such a huge illusion and have even cause people to think its camera editing, I will not tell. The Same for the Wood Chipper one. Ima just say it has similarities with Metamorphosis. Thats it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:59 am 
born to perform.

Well Im guessing for his levitation ur thinking u know cause of --r-s right? That doesnt really count, but I dont think there was really much editing done for his building to building levitation. I think they edited a shot of him on the roof floating up then went to a shot of him floating in between the buildings but thats not really that big of a deal I guess. And yeah I def agree the wood chipper thing probably wasnt edited. There are plenty of ways to get that done.

But here is what you were asking for, some edited effects:

He shows a guy an empty hat and has him raise it up above his head, then he brings it back down and a spider is in the hat. I really really think they edited that effect.

Another is a teleportation effect he did on supernatural. He is jumping around in a puddle of water with some little kids and then he jumps again but vanishes down into the puddle. The camera shows the kids expressions for a couple of secs and then turns up to the top of a building like four or more stories up where he is sitting watching the kids. I know how the teleportation works that uses a trashcan and this is a camera edited version of that illusion. There is simply not enough time for him to get to where he goes in that effect on supernatural.

Another effect that has camera editing is one where he jumps into a pool and vanishes. There is just no way to do a real trick like that. Even if there was you would have to give away the secret a couple of minutes after you did it because you cant stay under the water, so it wouldnt be a real trick really. And if that part was cut out for mindfreak that would be an edit in my opinion.

Another effect was one that he performed for a group of soldiers and their friends and family. He acted as if they built a box right in front of the audience surrounded on his show. But after the box is put together (which cannot be built in front of the audience), there is a cut, and somehow is audience is no longer surrounding him but in a nice straight line. They put a cut in to make the illusion appear to be done surrounded, and to appear as if they built the small box thing in front of the audience.

So those are some things that are edited, and I can name more than that too, but I dont want to keep going on about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:17 pm 
Penguin

Ok, the Spider in a Hat is a trick that can be bought. Its called something else though but I forget its name. Maybe if you search Spider in a Hat or something.

And yea, he couldnt beable to jump into that puddle and appear that high. When I thought about it, I thought there was just a cut. Like, they had a gimmick or set-up or whatever to make him jump in a puddle, but I think it took him a long time to get up there, but they just cut out the middle part.

And finally, I cant explain how he jumped into the pool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:58 pm 
Penguin

Whatever CA is doing - whether camera trickery or the use of stooges - he's doing right because he's laughing all the way to the bank. In magic, the end seems to justify the means, whether they be simple or complex. Maybe we're moving towards an age where 'sleight of eye' is just as acceptable as 'sleight of hand'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next