View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

Here is the difference between an assistant and a stooge:

Assistant: Someone who may pretend to be a random volunteer or may not, but is required to know what is going on in the trick so that the trick can be accomplished.

Stooge: Someone who knows what is going on with a trick, and is somewhere where they can see what is happening in the trick solely to make the trick look more amazing to someone that is not standing where the stooge is. A stooge is an uneeded assistant, someone who's sole purpose is to make the magician appear to be able to do tricks they really can't do, such as doing an angle sensitive trick surrounded, or doing mentalism thats impossible with the stooge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

harleyxyz wrote:
hey i have a question what the heck is a stooge

Basically anyone Criss talks to on the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:41 pm 
Penguin

Hey I am not a Criss Angel lover, but their is a extint. Yes he does lots of stooges, but I am 100% sure he uses no camera tricks? How u ask my Dad use to work their. I am 100% sure yes he usess stooges (duh). But give the guy a break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:09 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Umm what? Judging from your post I would say you are a HUGE Angel fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:23 pm 
Penguin

Ya well i am not but yes i think he is a good magician but about 25% of his work is questionable the rest is just good work. An watch what you say to other magicians!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:43 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Wrong, about 95% is questionable. It is pretty obvious to anyone who has been involved in magic for about 2 years, let alone almost 30 years. The parts that are not questionable Criss can barely pull off without constant cutshots. But anyway, I have to run up town because I have a wall to walk up, a pool to walk across, a garbage can to vanish from under and appear on a building roof, and then levitate across to another building...all LIVE with no stooges in broad daylight.

I just do "good work." I will watch what I say to other magicians, but not little kids who think they are magicians, as their posts prove otherwise to anyone with an ounce of common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:48 pm 
Penguin

Oh really, well from what you say I can tell your a over arrogant magician that doesn't now magic very well at all. Where do you come from when its all right to tell another magican a little kid! By the way have you ever seen Criss live. No i didnt think so. so know what your talking about before you start talking about it. Got it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:30 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yes you're right, I don't "now" much about magic. I have only spent the last 30 years of my life studying/ performing for a living merely by luck. You must be new here. Do some research before throwing out incoherent allegations that only prepubescent kids do usually, which further proves my statement. Start with this forum on page one, you might learn something from all the facts I posted previously. Although I doubt it.

Don't confuse arrogance with honest knowledge, and actual experience. Maybe someday you will learn when you get out of middle school. "Now" what I mean? No I have never seen Criss live, because he actually never performs live. That is just another "illusion" he creates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:29 pm 
Penguin

O really, well maybe you have been performing way too much and have gotten way to cocky with yourself. By the way, magic has changed alot since the last 30 or how many years you said. So get with the new age and I am not in midddle school by the way. Also, yes i have read your other comments and it further proves my point your way to cocky and I am sure am a horrible magicain. By the way yes he does do live shows! So again dont get into a battle you are ill prepared for and obvioulsy cant win. Goood luck next time kid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

acesplaya35 wrote:
By the way, magic has changed alot since the last 30 or how many years you said. So get with the new age

OK I will go order XCM right away...not. Yes magic has changed drastically, for the worse. You're living proof of that. Sorry about assuming you were in middle school, it is now obvious you have not made it out of preschool yet. Oh and please stop using very simple words if you cannot even spell them properly. You "obvioulsy"(sic) don't know who you are dealing with. Battle? LOL! More like a one-way massacre. Don't make me put another pwning on you n00b, cuz I am 1337.

Like I said, there is a difference between arrogance/cockiness and confidence based on real-world experience; something you have little of. Your mom in the living room does not count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:40 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah take him down Sirbrad. Kid you should not hold strong opinons about things you dont understand. I have never met You or Sirbrad but I can tell now that you are in way over your head and will never survive here at penguin if you keep this up. Lie low and slowly gain our respect dont just try to reach in and take it or else you will be marked forever as a Noob.

Juliegel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:52 pm 
Penguin

Wow, you are a very very sad joke of a magician! First of all magic has changed for the better I am proof of that! Also, some old fat guy who thinks he knows magic telling a high paid pro. about magic is a very sad joke. So grow up a little and know when you are very wrong. Better luck next time. ( By the way please stop living with your parents and having your Dad help you write come-backs its very sad)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

acesplaya35 wrote:
Wow, you are a very very sad joke of a magician!

Thank you, that is one better than you I guess since you are a layman. A very very very sad joke of one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:08 pm 
Emperor Penguin

acesplaya35 wrote:
telling a high paid pro. about magic is a very sad joke.

LOL! Thank you for that. I have not laughed so hard in awhile. Doing a bad performance with the stealth pen and stealing someone's dollar as a tip, does not constitute being a high paid pro. Nor does having your mommy put $5.00 under your pillow because you fooled the family dog, who fell asleep during your performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

acesplaya35 wrote:
Wow, you are a very very sad joke of a magician! First of all magic has changed for the better I am proof of that! Also, some old fat guy who thinks he knows magic telling a high paid pro. about magic is a very sad joke. So grow up a little and know when you are very wrong. Better luck next time. ( By the way please stop living with your parents and having your Dad help you write come-backs its very sad)

You should seriously consider doing stand up, you would be good at it. Sirbrad is one of the most respected members of these forums, and just by the incredible essays that are buried in the essay section (yes, I have read them), you can tell that he knows what he is talking about.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next