View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Something you have to realize is that it's not one continous shot. It's all of the video that was taken at the time, and then edited together. That's what they have to do to get all of it on tv. To show the whole entire stunt would simply take way too long, and there just isn't enough time to show the whole thing. It's common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:22 am 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
Something you have to realize is that it's not one continous shot. It's all of the video that was taken at the time, and then edited together. That's what they have to do to get all of it on tv. To show the whole entire stunt would simply take way too long, and there just isn't enough time to show the whole thing. It's common sense.

OMG I cant beleave what you are saying :shock: It shows him floating with a man watching him from beneath and then in fast mode they show the whole process again only there is a large crowd beneath him insted of a man!!!!Why edit?They made the fast mode to show the whole process again so that they dont spend much time."we havent met before honestly"->yeah right..How he managed to get spectators on the roof so easily?I mean cmon admit it allready! :evil: Oh well think what you want!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You seen Criss do it right? If it was all just a camera trick, prove it. I'm sick of people saying it's a camera trick and not being able to prove it. Just beacuse you can't figure it out, doesn't mean it can't be done. David Copperfield did the same thing, but on a larger scale. It can be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:26 pm 
born to perform.

did you notice how many people were there like four on the roof and ten on the ground if i was chriss angel in las vegas and i said im going to do some magic at some place word would spread like fire. there would be hundreds of people there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:36 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
You seen Criss do it right? If it was all just a camera trick, prove it. I'm sick of people saying it's a camera trick and not being able to prove it. Just beacuse you can't figure it out, doesn't mean it can't be done. David Copperfield did the same thing, but on a larger scale. It can be done.

Who's to say Copperfeild didnt use camera tricks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

If David Copperfield used a camera trick, then I would say that Criss did to. But if that's true, then as far as I see it, camera tricks aren't that bad. They are just another tool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:37 pm 
Penguin

lol everyone shutup , anyone can do it / anything if they put time into it, his levitate can be acheived by anyone, def not impromptu but yeah can be done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:51 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
If David Copperfield used a camera trick, then I would say that Criss did to. But if that's true, then as far as I see it, camera tricks aren't that bad. They are just another tool.

So you're saying that jsut becuase David Copperfield uses them, they're good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:44 am 
Emperor Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

I'm saying that if one of the greatest magicians of my time finds using camera effects to be alright, then I will accept them as another tool of the magician.

David Copperfield is one of the magicians that nearly everyone has heard of. He's been doing magic for a very long time, and has had some amazing effects. He's won countless awards, and is the magician who holds the most world records for magic. My opinion on camera tricks would change if it was found out that he uses them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:46 am 
Emperor Penguin

Fallingblood, I understand your passion on this topic, but if you gave up now the arguments would end. You are never going to win this argument, even if you showed actual proof. This forum would dissappear if there was no arguing, just to let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:38 am 
Penguin

You people need to learn the difference between "camera tricks" and creative editing. Chris' effects are not the product of camera tricks, but of careful camera setup and prepration and creative editing.

Why do you think he came off so bad on Letterman? ..because he didnt have control of the cameras.

You kids need to accept reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:37 pm 
born to perform.

I kinda agree hellfish r whatever ur name is. I think he just used a similar method to copperfield's smaller levitations, like his stage ones, and used stooges who could see the u no what and if not oh well, but the camera couldn't see the u no what. So it looked good on tv but was absolutely impossible in reality, at least the way it was shown on tv, im not saying the effect is impossible.

And btw im fairly sure copperfield's levitation over the grand canyon was a totally different method and was not a camera trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:41 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

I'm saying that if one of the greatest magicians of my time finds using camera effects to be alright, then I will accept them as another tool of the magician.

David Copperfield is one of the magicians that nearly everyone has heard of. He's been doing magic for a very long time, and has had some amazing effects. He's won countless awards, and is the magician who holds the most world records for magic. My opinion on camera tricks would change if it was found out that he uses them.

I'm sorry but I find the whole CONCEPT of using camera tricks to do magic to the people at home to be wrong. I'm not changing my opinion just because a lengendary magician did it. What that automatically makes it better/right if someone like copperfield used them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:49 pm 
Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:
I kinda agree hellfish r whatever ur name is. I think he just used a similar method to copperfield's smaller levitations, like his stage ones, and used stooges who could see the u no what and if not oh well, but the camera couldn't see the u no what. So it looked good on tv but was absolutely impossible in reality, at least the way it was shown on tv, im not saying the effect is impossible.

And btw im fairly sure copperfield's levitation over the grand canyon was a totally different method and was not a camera trick.

Thanks, I think ...is my name that hard to comprehend for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:54 pm 
born to perform.

lol yeah maybe hellfish is too hard to comprehend 4me. I mean u have edited then fish so like the edited goes with satan and the fish goes with tartar sauce so i guess it messed with my head.

But about angels method i think it involved ----- i cant say it would b exposure but it really was him doing it but only as a camera trick.

Copperfield had ----- involved but his was a real trick but required a lot of distance so that u couldnt c him well and ----- either. I havent really seen copperfields too much so i could be way off on it. But from the little stuff ive seen of it thats what im thinkin about it.