View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:22 pm 
Penguin

Location: Milky Way, Sol System, Earth, West Hemisphere, United States, Florida, Orlando
I also think that spectators are more entertained if they know that they can SEE someone doing this, live and in person. People don't freak when Neo falls off a building in The Matrix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:33 pm 
Penguin

Location: Milky Way, Sol System, Earth, West Hemisphere, United States, Florida, Orlando
Blumpkinstein wrote:
Woah woah woah wait a minute here.

Uh, what is wrong will yall? Have you forgotten something? Magic is fake.

All of it is bull. We make our living and/or hobby out of fooling people.
There is no REAL magic. We all fakers. There are no REAL magicians.

Since the above is an irrefutable fact, why do you bash ANYONE for using any and all tricks at their disposal to fool people.

I challenge ALL of you, heck I even challenge ANYONE on the PLANET to perform one feat just ONE that is truly done by magic alone.

Consider this:

Everytime you use a TT, you are "cheating".
Everytime you load your cups, you are "cheating".
Everytime you use IT, you are "cheating".
Everytime you do any sleight, you again are "cheating".
Everytime you use misidrection, yup, ya guessed it, you're "cheating".

This sinking in yet?

If any of us had a show we would use camera tricks as much as we could, regardless of how much sleight of hand or solid our routines were.
We all would use stooges as much as possible to get bigger reactions out of "mediocre" effects.

Camera tricks and stooges are simply tools to be used. I bet alot of you don't know that when the motion picture camera was first invented it was magicians who embrassed it first. They saw it as a means to perform the impossible. Look it up.

In the end isn't the point of magic the way we make the audience feel? Doesn't it give you a rush astouding them? Of course it does, that is why we do it, it is as much for us as it is for them. Don't delude yourself into thinking that they really think you have magical powers or worse, think that you yourself may have them. Don't believe your own BS.

This is very true. However, there is a fine line between a Special Effectand a Magic trick. The audience wants to be fooled, but if you are there and see something that you have no clue how it's done it has a much greater impact than if you can assume that they are using camera tricks. That takes the mystification out of it. That's why people don't come to watch a movie just to see Superman fly. They know it's a camera trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:14 am 
born to perform.

I believe you are cheating when you are making an illusion of an illusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:14 am 
born to perform.

they need to make a copperfield forum
he is much better than blaine and angel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:57 pm 
Penguin

Blumpkinstein wrote:
If any of us had a show we would use camera tricks as much as we could, regardless of how much sleight of hand or solid our routines were.
We all would use stooges as much as possible to get bigger reactions out of "mediocre" effects.

Not me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:35 pm 
born to perform.

Location: In a white room, With black curtains, At the Station
Magic is cheating, So hes cheating cheating, so cheating so much hes cheating... Cheating :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:00 am 
born to perform.

Farm_Boy wrote:
People don't freak when Neo falls off a building in The Matrix.

Yeah they did... Just not the same way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:35 pm 
Penguin

Most of his "TV Illusions" could easily be done on the streets. I know almost all of his illusions, and only about 2 that I can think of I need an assistant. Just because there seems to be no other explanation for his tricks doesnt automatically mean he uses camera edits. And its true, most of his tricks cannot be bought, but similarities can. And using that method and a little knowledge, you can figure out his. The newest one I just figured out was his combining 2 rings together. I did that today for my Friend and his Girlfriend. Those are just my opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:49 pm 
Penguin

Dejavue2161 wrote:
Most of his "TV Illusions" could easily be done on the streets. I know almost all of his illusions, and only about 2 that I can think of I need an assistant. Just because there seems to be no other explanation for his tricks doesnt automatically mean he uses camera edits. And its true, most of his tricks cannot be bought, but similarities can. And using that method and a little knowledge, you can figure out his. The newest one I just figured out was his combining 2 rings together. I did that today for my Friend and his Girlfriend. Those are just my opinions.

Which style Himber Ring did you buy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:38 pm 
Penguin

It is clear that a vast majority of Criss Angels tricks are accomplished through camera trickery, such as the blanket put infront of the screen and then having people appear behind it, it's clearly done through editing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

clearly, thats why people have been doing it in front of audiences for years..... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:54 pm 
Penguin

magician_shorty wrote:
It is clear that a vast majority of Criss Angels tricks are accomplished through camera trickery, such as the blanket put infront of the screen and then having people appear behind it, it's clearly done through editing.

I do a lot of video editing as a hobby and I can tell you that if THAT trick is done with video editing then they did an unreal job. There is always signs that it was done by editing (slight background shifts, wrinkles in the blanket change suddenly) To get it to look the way it does would take days of editing and concidering that it's on A&E, I don't think that they would pay that kind of money to get editing done like that when the effect can be done in real life. BTW video editors can make anywhere from $15-$30 an hour. So the likelyhood of the use of video editing for effects is unreasonsble for a show that is not on a mainstream network.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:20 pm 
born to perform.

Man I thought i could really levitate and multiply my money. No, I think you are just mad because u can't do real magic and ur trying to trick us into thinking our magic is not real! lol

Cmon man, don't you think with all the work we put into our magic we know it is a trick? The audience even (usually) knows what we do is trickery!! And they enjoy our magic TRICKS, but when they watch a magic show they want the camera to be there eyes and ears so that they can follow the magician around and watch their magic.

A camera is not a magic trick prop, gimmick, or tool!

It is the eyes and ears of your television audience that allows them to be right there with you so that they can see your magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:38 pm 
born to perform.

and the appearance of those soldiers was a trick so angle sensitive until it is impossible in reality, but a camera can be controlled to only look in certain places and not move so that made the trick possible. Its not editing like you are thinking all the time. Its either things that are so angle sensitive until they are impossible in reality or they pause the camera on a something that fills the camera with the same thing, then they do something, put that cover back in front of the camera and play. Neither of those methods are hard to do at all. I have done a camera trick levitation that is too angle sensitive to be done in reality, (which i think is the same method angel uses and probably blaine as well) and my friend just held the camera steady enough, we didnt even use a tripod or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:09 am 
Penguin

Wonderfully stated coolonto. Thanks, you saved me at least 20 minutes of typing my own rants. By the way. If you want proof of Angel using camera tricks, watch the signed card through window on the bus. You can see the break in the tape, if you look for it. You will also not that he asks the girl twice if she sees her card in the deck. HMMM . . .

Suspiciousness is afoot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next