View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:11 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
vampirefreaks wrote:
Wow agrueing over the internet, real cute. I see you guys agrueing in a couple of threads today. Can't we all be friend? :] Seeing you guys agrue is kinda funny.

I'm glad I entertain you?

Thanx man :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:11 pm 
born to perform.

Just my two cents on the actual point of this thread...
In my opinion, standing on a grave is disrespectful, no matter who you are. Taking pictures by his grave seems fine and dandy and the whole "homage" thing is nifty and such. But a. if you actually respected the guy you would probably show his grave a little respect by avoiding standing directly on top of it b. you wouldnt use him as another publicity tool by making sure people see the picture of you standing over him, and also with your shirt off. Theres only one reason people take pictures with their shirt off. Sex appeal. To say "look at how gorgeous my chest is". It's ridiculous. But theres no other reason for him to do that. To me, the whole thing is stupid, disrespectful, and annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:16 pm 
born to perform.

vampirefreaks wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
vampirefreaks wrote:
Wow agrueing over the internet, real cute. I see you guys agrueing in a couple of threads today. Can't we all be friend? :] Seeing you guys agrue is kinda funny.

I'm glad I entertain you?

Thanx man :D

Anytime bro. :D

By the way, thx for having some sense Muffin man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

How would you like it if Angel crawled all over your grave? I would dig my way up and beat the living edited out of him if he did that to mine. I just wish Angel would fade back into the oblivion he came from. Instead of trying to ride the coat tails of other famous performers and degrading them to "try" and boost his own image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
How would you like it if Angel crawled all over your grave? I would dig my way up and beat the living edited out of him if he did that to mine. I just wish Angel would fade back into the oblivion he came from. Instead of trying to ride the coat tails of other famous performers and degrading them to "try" and boost his own image.
What are you talking about? He isn't riding on the coat tails of anyone. If you haven't noticed, many big names in magic are his friends, and respect him as a magician. Penn and Teller, Lance Burton, Johnny Thompson, Steve Shaw, Luke Jermay, and countless others. He made it for himself.

Why don't we just leave this all alone? It's like beating a dead horse. It's done and over with, nothing can change it. He was trying to do an homage to Houdini in a form that he thought Houdini would appreciate (Houdidi quite oftenly frequented the graves of other magicians). And really, what did he do? He stood on some stone. Now if he was jumping on the grave itself (which he wasn't) I could see that as disrespectful. But he isn't pictured standing on the grave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:38 pm 
born to perform.

I'll be sure to do it to your grave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

And I really couldn't care less. I would be dead, someone could urinate on my grave, and it wouldn't mean a thing to me. As I said, I would be dead.

Also, I would suggest learning the meaning of the word grave. Criss Angel never stepped on Houdini's grave. He did not disrespect the grave at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

sirbrad wrote:

The same could be said for you........................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:52 am 
Emperor Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
What are you talking about? He isn't riding on the coat tails of anyone. If you haven't noticed, many big names in magic are his friends, and respect him as a magician. Penn and Teller, Lance Burton, Johnny Thompson, Steve Shaw, Luke Jermay, and countless others. He made it for himself.

Criss rode them, now they are riding him. At least that is what they make it appear as though they are doing. Why any of them would even want to bother with Criss is beyond anyone. If not for Blaine, Criss would still be in his gothic thong doing stage magic and virtually unknown to the majority.

But he proved that even a bad TV show has enough entertainment value to still be viewed, and get some ratings. Even if it is between naps, or simply background noise. Would of, should of, could of, DIDN'T. Sorry but Blaine DID, Criss DIDN'T. So about all he can do is continue to emulate him in a bad way. The only difference is that he says every single time, "Now we never met correct? This is the first time I have ever seen you, blah blah blah," the check is in the mail etc.

Oh yeah, and Blaine can actually do close-up magic without a cut-shot at every single crucial move, because Blaine actually practices it. Like I said many times before, Criss needs to go back to the dark stages where he at least knows what he is doing, and stop his childish rivalry with Blaine. It only screams insecurity. Who gives a crap if Criss can outlast Blaine in a stunt? No one.

Blaine still did the whole "TV street magic" thing first, not Criss or anyone else. Get over it, and stop walking around like an idiot trying to be better at it than Blaine by using camera cuts. You are only fooling yourself, and probably not even laymen.

Last edited by sirbrad on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:55 am 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

Criss rode them, now they are riding him. At least that is what they make it appear as though they are doing. Why any of them would even want to bother with Criss is beyond anyone. If not for Blaine, Criss would still be in his gothic thong doing stage magic and virtually unknown to the majority.

But he proved that even a bad TV show has enough entertainment value to still be viewed, and get some ratings. Even if it is between nap, or simply background noise. Would of, should of, could of, DIDN'T. Sorry but Blaine DID, Criss DIDN'T. So about all he can do is continue to emulate him in a bad way. The only difference is that he says every single time, "Now we never met correct? This is the first time I have ever seen you, blah blah blah," the check is in the mail.

Oh yeah, and Blaine can actually do close-up magic without a cut-shot at every single crucial move, because Blaine actually practices it. Like I said many times before, Criss needs to go back to the dark stages where he at least knows what he is doing, and stop his childish rivalry with Blaine. It only screams insecurity. Who gives a crap if Criss can outlast Blaine in a stunt? No one.

Blaine still did the whole "TV street magic" thing first, not Criss or anyone else. Get over it, and stop walking around like an idiotic trying to be better at than Blaine by using camera cuts. You are only fooling yourself, and probably not even laymen.

Duuuuude, AMEN!!

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:07 am 
Emperor Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

But he proved that even a bad TV show has enough entertainment value to still be viewed, and get some ratings. Even if it is between naps, or simply background noise. Would of, should of, could of, DIDN'T. Sorry but Blaine DID, Criss DIDN'T. So about all he can do is continue to emulate him in a bad way. The only difference is that he says every single time, "Now we never met correct? This is the first time I have ever seen you, blah blah blah," the check is in the mail etc.

Blaine still did the whole "TV street magic" thing first, not Criss or anyone else. Get over it, and stop walking around like an idiot trying to be better at it than Blaine by using camera cuts. You are only fooling yourself, and probably not even laymen.

The same can be said about you......minus the "gothic thong". Please elaborate on what a gothic thong is sirbrad, I would really like to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Give it up magikrn, you are making no sense as usual. I never used any other magician's status to boost my own career, I created it myself. Try to do magic for a living and see how far you get. I was a professional long before Blaine came on the scene, you are simply an Angel fanboy who came out of the woodwork because he fooled you with camera-edits.

Also try the shift button once in awhile, or is your $10 Walmart keyboard broke? Oh that is right, you like to type "fast and sloppy." Probably a reflection of your performance in another area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

When did I not use the shift key?

Why don't you go back and actually read my posts, you will see that I am not a "fan boy" as you so gracefully call it. I have been arguing with people about what their posts about camera edits are doing to magic. I stated that by them refering to everything Angel does is camera edits, it gets lay people to think that everything they see on t.v is edited. If you also go back and read one of my first posts on here, I stated that he uses camera tricks. I am in no way a fan boy of Angel, I think his show is entertaining because it has magic in it and his family is a greek mess.

And my $10 dollar keyboard is actually a 2,800 dollar Dell Latitude, that my "garage" job payed for. So from the words of Sirbrad the great, "why don't you crawl back into the whole from which you came from"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You mean "hole," and "paid" right? You struggle with four letter words yet you are trying to argue with me, so it is kind of hard to take you seriously at all. Free lesson on me since I am such a nice guy. I just pray that your daughter is not going to be home schooled.

Last edited by sirbrad on Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:02 pm 
Emperor Penguin

lol, you obviously don't get my humor, oh well. If I spelt everything properly "than" you would't have anything to rag on me about. So your write, I hope she isn't as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next