View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:06 am 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
No, what unintelligent president would be dumb enough to choke on a pretzel. Who would have thought that I use to like the guy. Give him credit, he gives us military guys enough money, but still... Anyways, lets get back on topic.

Did he really choke on a pretzel? How intelligent of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:20 am 
born to perform.

George is probably the worst thing that has happened to America!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:18 pm 
born to perform.

rippedandrestored35 wrote:
George is probably the worst thing that has happened to America!!!!!

no that would be you.

Dont bash bush unless you have facts...just like you said exodus. C'mon dont bash the man who is protecting you. HE is under oath to pertect you. Now dont bash..this is over..

back on topic, I think that this was a trick that he did...not edited. Anywho i think maybe they were a little stooged..BUt stooged is misinterpertation...maybe just exaderating during the interview?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:20 pm 
Penguin

i was watching this epesode last night. and one guy that was in the pool weaved in between criss's legs as he was walking on the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:45 pm 
born to perform.

Exodus wrote: "No, what unintelligent president would be dumb enough to choke on a pretzel. Who would have thought that I use to like the guy. Give him credit, he gives us military guys enough money, but still... Anyways, lets get back on topic."

Wow, I didn't know anyone could be that low as to make fun of someone for choking. Last time I checked people choke on food all the time and it's a very serious matter(it's called an accident), but maybe you're just joking and you like Bush a lot, but I highly doubt that. Anyways, lets get back on subject, or if not then please move this to the off topic section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:34 pm 
born to perform.

What does George Bush or Elvis have to do with Angel walking on water?

Anyway the more I think about it the more I think that trick was real, except for the people in the pool actually being fans. If you think about what details would give away the method of how the illusion was done then you realize it looks very real actually and not fake. I saw one part that might have been an edit, but even if it is its not a big one and I wouldn't really be mad about it. And another thing the real audience watching him do it probably knew the people in the pool were actors because it was cool enough that day that most people wouldn't be in the pool swimming cause angel said something like that, which implied they were paid actors to make the illusion look better on tv and to the watching spectators. I think the part of a person swimming under him and another going around him was very much real, although they were actors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:20 pm 
Penguin

You got it buddy. It WAS real. Criss Angel really can walk on water. There were no supports under his feet whatsoever. You have brilliantly figured out that Criss Angel is really a supernatural being with magical powers beyond the imagination of man.

Because of your exceptional mental abilities, I predict you will go far in this world and, in fact, one day will rule the world!

Congratulations my super-intelligent friend. What other amazing insights have you to share with us, the lowly masses?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:24 pm 
born to perform.

like i wrote in the essay fourm

Does criss angel use camra angles personlay i say no personly i think criss has revolutionized magic for the better so you cant find out how criss does his tricks?so he does basicly maricles? that does not mean hes fake maby hes found a way to do the inpossible! maby he can levitate with no angle problems maby he can walk on water! just be cause he can do these things doesnt mean its not without a method put it this way your 9 years old again you see david blaine on tv doing somthin amazing you say wow i wish i could do that you be come a magican you dont say OMG THAT STUPID "F"ing DUDE HE USES CAMRA TRICKS AND STOOGES you say wow i wonder how that works so tell me what u think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:27 pm 
born to perform.

Cool Im going to rule the world! Criss Angel still stands in the way though with his Supernatural powers... lol

Anyway, randwill just think about it. It wouldn't be possible for someone to move around him while someone swam under him because that would show that nothing was supporting him, but since they were at two different points it is possible. There is something you could look at and see that it is real and not faked. Just think about it awhile and pay attention to details. However, the trick does look better on tv than it would in reality if you did it with what shows that its real. You could do it with something else instead that would solve the problem though. I thought it was a camera trick for sure when I first watched it, especially since it was the first episode after the building to building levitation. As time went on though I thought about it more and more and then the episode was on again and I saw what I wanted to look at. As far as I know about the method I'm thinking about it is possible to do what he did, with the exception that the supposed spectators are actually stooges and that there might have been one or two camera edits. I really do think this is one of the real tricks on Mindfreak. However, I do wonder why he didn't do it in front of a larger audience. That does seem odd to me, but I think it is very possible to do what was shown on mindfreak.
(The shot showing him from below the water looking up at his feet and the shot where his shoe sunk to the bottom seemed odd, but I don't know why it would be an edit)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:47 am 
Penguin

this is so funny, people will never get over this huh?....its like bashing the indian rope trick/hoax from hundreds of years ago...

Post subject: I don't believe it
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:36 pm 
Penguin

I think it was a fake
if you watch there was this one girl that said she went right under him
well my friends there is something called camera angles
**which Criss happens to use a lot of**
She was actually swimming in front of him
She was told where to swim i believe
Also the guy that supposedly "weaved between his legs" as a earlier post read
Camera angles
If they show it at a point such as the one they did
they can make it "look" like he did
do you remember...
at the beginning of one show he was standing in this wooden box and he gave a little lecture on illusions???
Then he what looked like just walked right through the box???
then they changed the angle and you discovered it wasn't a complete box at all???
There is some proof that he sometimes uses angles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:50 pm 
Penguin

If anyone has this recorded on TiVo or whatever.. then you can confirm it for me.
I used to work in the Indy film industry... I helped out my movie making buddies with setting up shots and editing the films.
They liked having me around because with my backround in magic I understood angles and perception better than they did.
I got real good at watching the different takes and looking for inconsistencies.
I could watch and say. "hey, Brian wasn't that far to the left in the shot that leads into this." or "wasn't Angie wearing a red shirt for this sceene?" A lot of the time when things are being shot in a hurry, using several camera's and you're trying to hide the wires or the track the camera is rolling in... little mistakes happen.
When I watched this episode.. the one where Chris Angel walks across the pool, I was dissapointed with his editing crew.
I counted 7 cameras. 4 of them were mounted next to each other in pairs so the angle would look basicly the same.
But the problem with that setup is that people were moving around in the pool and it's almost impossible to keep everyone going back to the same starting position for each take.
There were at least 3 takes on this trick by the way.
One take was done from the side while he walked across on a platform.
For the shots that were only his feet, they had him suspended by wires... you can clearly see that he's walking without any weight being distributed.
He dosn't even look like he's walking... he's tip toeing along the surface of the water. He's clearly being help up by something off camera. It looked like he was focusing more on trying to look like he was walking... it didn't look natural to me. (yes.. I said natural about a guy walking on water.)
and again for the wide shots to "prove" there arent any wires they didn't change anything but the camera lense.
The crain was located behind the camera... so no matter how wide the shot, you wouldn't see anything to the left or right.
Any highschool video lab can get rid of wires in a shoot these days...this guy has a huge budget.
The swimmers were all plants.
The girl swimming under him did so when she was told to by the dirrector.
I didn't notice a guy going between his legs... but I guess it's possible.
If you watch the placement of the people in the pool instead of what Angel is doing, you will see that they are in drasticly different places at what should be the same time.
At one point a male swimmer (we'll call him MS) is standing a distance away from Chris Angel as he begins the effect. but when the camera changes, MS is closer and to the left of his starting position but Chris is still in the same place. The camera changes again and MS is back to his fist spot again. Chris begins walking and then people begin moving around. This was actuaily the best thing the dirrector could have had done. The seemingly random movements of the swimmers help to hide what's going on... it makes it look real.
But if you watch the illusion again... this time on 3 different TV's, each on only showing one cameral angle, you will see people in drasticly diferent places at the same time.
I'm not bashing Chris Angel.
I enjoy watching his show.
I especialy love it when he does and effect that shows that he has skill
I like seing his tallent instead of his wallet.
My buddies have developed a drinking game.
Whenever Chris clearly uses a camera trick... take a drink.
Whenever Chris uses the same actor as a spectator that he did earlier in the season.... take a drink.
When the same actor that has been on more than once pretending to not be working for Chris Angel says "I've never met you before and this has not been practiced" ... take a drink.
For the rest of the show they just keep asking me "How'd he do that?" Sometimes it makes me wish I drank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

wow you spend way too much time thinking about criss angel. obsession!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:42 pm 
Penguin

I spend almost no time thinking about Chris Angel.
I spend a good deal of time thinking about what kind of effects I would do if I had a TV show... so I pay attention to when a magician does a good job or a crappy job with the show they were given.

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:19 pm 
Penguin

hey dont give away secrets i just found out you shouldnt or theorys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next