View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I do not like Criss Angel
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:27 pm 
Penguin

I know there’s going to be a lot of arguing in this topic, but I just have to say it. Criss Angel sucks, I prefer David Blain over Criss Angel. I use to like criss angel when he did the stage performances, but when he started going out in the streets, he brought the camera effects with him too. It’s one thing to use stooges on stage, but another to make it look like you actually can split a random stranger in half, saying you actually can make people pass out because of a flier you handed them. In real life, criss angel would be put behind bars, because he would have to get a release form signed by the people reading the fliers, because they could get hurt. I just really hate criss angel. I know magic is fake, but criss angel just makes people think that all street magic on tape is edited, and actors are involved.

Another note:
To the lady that was split in half.

Why the edited would you run away from your legs?

Last edited by Shelhorse on Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:40 pm 
born to perform.

Frankly,

I"M SICK OF ALL OF YOU! You all just make me sick. Bash, bash bash all you want he's making milllions and your not. HE has a TV show and you dont. He has more shows than Blaine, which leaves him so much more time to put material on it. The WOW! factor of regualr magicw/o stooges or editing is blah blah blah and wouldnt sell advertising. So to improve the WOW! factor they do extra stuff...it's all aout the ulmighty dollar.

Read my "I've broken...just stop the bashing"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:43 pm 
born to perform.

That's just plain ignorant of you to say that magicgolferman. Blaine made millions, Blaine's on Tv, Blaine is famous, he is even more successful than Angel. Why dont I hate him? Just becuase Angel has more shows dont mean he's better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:12 pm 
born to perform.

It seems like everybody here hates Angel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:13 pm 
born to perform.

To be straight up honest, these people are known by laymen everywhere, most of us aren't. These people make millions of dollars, most of us don't. These people have tv specials, most of us don't. That must mean one of two things, one, that the majority of laymen think they are better magicians, or two, that they are incredibly good at marketing themselves (which in my opinion is the real secret to their success). And shouldn't magic be focused on the impact it has on spectators? Frankly, I dont care much for blaine or angel, I think one has no performance with his magic, and the other one overdoes it with the whole "Mindfreak" thing. But like I said, many laymen find them entertaining. And I have yet to find that they have hurt the art of magic in anyway, so until then, I'm cool with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:29 pm 
born to perform.

The_Muffin_Man wrote:
To be straight up honest, these people are known by laymen everywhere, most of us aren't. These people make millions of dollars, most of us don't. These people have tv specials, most of us don't. That must mean one of two things, one, that the majority of laymen think they are better magicians, or two, that they are incredibly good at marketing themselves (which in my opinion is the real secret to their success). And shouldn't magic be focused on the impact it has on spectators? Frankly, I dont care much for blaine or angel, I think one has no performance with his magic, and the other one overdoes it with the whole "Mindfreak" thing. But like I said, many laymen find them entertaining. And I have yet to find that they have hurt the art of magic in anyway, so until then, I'm cool with them.

Well, Criss Angel exposed effects on national television.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:42 pm 
Penguin

I think that if people think that Blaine and Angel are better than you, then you should strive to show them that they are wrong, not by doing there tricks and being like them, but by making up your own tricks that are better, and showing them to people. That is just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:23 am 
born to perform.

Angel and Blaine are good but hey Blaine doesn't all the time but he used some camera tricks. And Angel uses stooges and camera tricks but I am sure if you duked it out magic wise they would both be better than all you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:47 am 
born to perform.

The only reason you bash angel and say he has no skill and blah blah blah is becuase you envy him. You may not think you do but you most likely do. You guys think the magic castle would give their most hghly prestigde(forgive the spelling) award 2 times because he can do some camera tricks. I don't think so. I think angel has the skill of creativity and the skill to master hiscreative ideas. You guys see a trick and say wow that was good I wish I could do that but I can't so it must be a camera trick. Yes I also know he uses stooges but that doesn't matter its just one way to achieve an effect for every one besides you and the stooge. It is like using a gimmick. It helps you perform a trick that can not be done with out the gimimick. It s like saying that if some one was performing hummer card and you say thats stupid he is using something to hold it up. Well using a stooge is like the same thing. Stage magicians have been doing it for 100s of years I never heard anybody complaing about it then so quit your b i t c h i n g and worry about your own magic instead of his.
I remeber when I was seven or eight and I saw the magic shows on t.v . and when Lance Burton would expose a trick and say hear is what you need go get them I would run to my room and get them. He exposed all the effects angel has so far so why don't you b i t c h about him. Those effects got me started in magic.

You probably all hate me but truley think about what i am sayin

Sean

Last edited by seanbuyer896 on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:18 am 

oztheozzie wrote:

That would be a great point if the exposed effects weren't taught in books found in the public library and if it didn't cause people to become interested in magic. How did you become interested in magic? Someone probably exposed a trick to you. That's what happened to me. My uncle showed me a card trick and taught me how to do it. Angel, like it or not, is getting people interested in doing magic. I'm all for that. Let him expose the Salt Shaker through the table. No real harm done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:59 am 

exodus wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:

That would be a great point if the exposed effects weren't taught in books found in the public library and if it didn't cause people to become interested in magic. How did you become interested in magic? Someone probably exposed a trick to you. That's what happened to me. My uncle showed me a card trick and taught me how to do it. Angel, like it or not, is getting people interested in doing magic. I'm all for that. Let him expose the Salt Shaker through the table. No real harm done.

anyone else remember worlds greatest magic TV specials?

Mac King taught a trick in every episode, i guarenty you nobody here is going to get uptight about that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:02 am 

I'm sure someone was, they just didn't have Penguin then. Those Mac King effects were some of the first I ever performed. That was great stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:08 am 

exodus wrote:
I'm sure someone was, they just didn't have Penguin then. Those Mac King effects were some of the first I ever performed. That was great stuff.

there always needs to be something to complain about I guess.

i have no problem with effects like that being taught (the simple ones that as said before can be found in a public library).

those small simple effects are what got most of us started in magic :) nothing wrong with encouraging people to take up the art

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:17 am 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:

Ummm, I got intereseted in magic along with many more people when I watched Blaine PERFORM good magic on TV. Your uncle showed you a trick, not along with millions of other people who dont care about it and will never use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:20 am 
born to perform.

seanbuyer896 wrote:
The only reason you bash angel and say he has now skill and blah blah blah is becuase you envy him. You may not think you do but you most likely do. You guys think the magic castle would give their mostle hghly prestigde(forgive the spelling) award 2 times because he can do some camera tricks. I don't think so. I think angel has skill of creativity and the skill to master his thoghts. You guys see a trick and say wow that was good I wish I could do that but I can't so it must be a camera trick. Yes I also no he uses stooges but that doesn't matter its just one way to achieve an effect for every one besides you and the stooge. its is like useing a gimmick. It helps you perform a trick that can not be done with out the gimimick. It s like saying that if some one was performing hummer card and you say thats stupid he is using something to hold it up. Well using a stooge is like the same thing. Stage magicians have been doing it for 100s of years I never heard anybody complaing about it then so quit your b I t c h I n g and worry about your own magic instead of his.

You probably all hate me but truley think about what I am sayin

Sean

my response:

Quote:
That's just plain ignorant of you to say that magicgolferman. Blaine made millions, Blaine's on Tv, Blaine is famous, he is even more successful than Angel. Why dont I hate him? Just becuase Angel has more shows dont mean he's better.

Dont you ever read?