View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:24 am 
Penguin

It takes zero Intelligence to attack Criss Angel, when someone does it they know straight away they will illicit the help of the 'wolves' ravaging to add their two cents again on the topic.

Venom is the easiest thing to spew and often it comes from people who have been either 'threatened' in some way or who have some need for advantage.

The bottom line and the fact that speaks again and again is this.

Criss Angel has won more awards then any other magician in history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:00 am 
born to perform.

you obviously onlylike david blaine because you dont like CA, all of david blaines tricks you can buy here on penguin, or go to a free trick site and find out how to do em, though CA does use camera tricks, alot of his stuff actually is illusion(not using camera tricks), what do you have against CA? david blaine's style(of magic) and personality is better, but that doesn't make him a better magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:09 am 
born to perform.

bckid wrote:
you obviously onlylike david blaine because you dont like CA, all of david blaines tricks you can buy here on penguin, or go to a free trick site and find out how to do em, though CA does use camera tricks, alot of his stuff actually is illusion(not using camera tricks), what do you have against CA? david blaine's style(of magic) and personality is better, but that doesn't make him a better magician.

Do you know why so much of his tricks are on the internet? Because he is popular and people want to be like him. What do I have against Angel? His overuse of camera tricks, paid actors. His attitude toward David Blaine. His exposing of effects on TV. His cockiness(spell?) And this http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=110163

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:10 am 
Penguin

I am saying I am not a Criss Angel fan, and Im not all great with blain, just blain doesn't use as many camera effects, and I never really seen him use stooges. Angel makes the laymen actually say it's camera tricks. My girlfreind saw criss angel when we where at the beach, and she said thats not magic, thats just TV. I bet you Criss angel could blow his head off with a stick of TNT, and blood, brains, and everything go on the audience, and he walk around with no head, and people with there lips stuck to criss' [edited] would think it was real. Criss loves the computer, and computer effects. Why don't he get into CGI?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:30 pm 
Penguin

I think the problem here is that a stage magician try to peform street magics. Chris Angel is a stage magician. He is probably a great stage magician but I never seen him perfom on stage. Like most people, I only seen he peform street magics which are awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:41 pm 
Penguin

rofl Angel owns Blaine any day of the week...did you hear Angel's challenge? he challenged Blaine to a showdown that he can replicate any trick Blaine does, and if he cant then he will retire ON THE SPOT...he challenged this a while back too,and again very recently but Blaine know's he'll loose so he doesnt even try, or respond to it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:54 pm 
born to perform.

Ozzietheoz(i think thats it) i know you like David Blaine a lot. I want you to know i am not only on angels side david blaine also gave me a boost in magic. i read his book and it really enlightened me. I stood up for him when people said he sucked and had no skill because i knew what he went through. Also i do think it was wrong of angel to attack david blaine like that. WE are all magicians and we should be with each other not against. I like both Angel and Blaine. It is okay for you to like both too.

sean

Last edited by seanbuyer896 on Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:58 pm 
born to perform.

seanbuyer896 wrote:
Ozzietheoz(I think thats it) I know you like David Blaine a lot. I want you to know I am not only on angels side david blaine also gave me a boost in magic. I like both Angel and Blaine. It is okay for you to like both too.

sean

Of course it is, I used to like both until I saw Angel's camera tricks and paid actors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:02 pm 
born to perform.

oasis604 wrote:
rofl Angel owns Blaine any day of the week...did you hear Angel's challenge? he challenged Blaine to a showdown that he can replicate any trick Blaine does, and if he cant then he will retire ON THE SPOT...he challenged this a while back too,and again very recently but Blaine know's he'll loose so he doesnt even try, or respond to it

That's the same ignorance that both Angel and his fans share. Magic is not a competition, magic is an art, that's why Blaine ignored him. Both Angel and his fans care about being better than others, "oh I'm better than David Blaine, if I say this enough, people might think it's true." "I can do anything you can do, even though I would never be where I'm at without you". The only reason Angel challenges and insults Blaine is because he is insecure and have self esteem issues.

By the way, how would Angel replicate Blaine's effects? How will he do the simple switch? Blaine does it on the spot live and Angel sends them a video of him doing nothing and these people going "I my god! How'd you do that!?", is that how?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:10 pm 
born to perform.

what ever ozzie your ignorant.

angel wants to impress the audience of his show. So he does that kind of stuff. So what? you dont watch it... why talk anymore. YOur not a fan, then just say it and go onto something else to talk about. I dont dislike baline, he is a major influece/ idol in the magic art. Both are supper rich and supper great magicians who have done many similar things.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:19 pm 
born to perform.

magicgolferman wrote:
what ever ozzie your ignorant.

angel wants to impress the audience of his show. So he does that kind of stuff. So what? you dont watch it... why talk anymore. YOur not a fan, then just say it and go onto something else to talk about. I dont dislike baline, he is a major influece/ idol in the magic art. Both are supper rich and supper great magicians who have done many similar things.....

Actually they haven't done very similar things. Blaine do not use camera tricks in half his tricks. Blaine does not use paid actors in half his tricks. Blaine did not expose tricks on national television. Bloaine did not ever badmouth Angel. Blaine did not ever disrespect Houdini by dancing all over his grave.

Post subject: Re: I do not like Criss Angel
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:44 pm 
Penguin

[quote="Shelhorse"]I know there’s going to be a lot of arguing in this topic, but I just have to say it. Criss Angel sucks, I prefer David Blain over Criss Angel. I use to like criss angel when he did the stage performances, but when he started going out in the streets, he brought the camera effects with him too. It’s one thing to use stooges on stage, but another to make it look like you actually can split a random stranger in half, saying you actually can make people pass out because of a flier you handed them. In real life, criss angel would be put behind bars, because he would have to get a release form signed by the people reading the fliers, because they could get hurt. I just really hate criss angel. I know magic is fake, but criss angel just makes people think that all street magic on tape is edited, and actors are involved.quote]

So. i don't think anyone cares if you dont like him, i know i dont. so why are you telling us.
and all the people i talk to like him, the only people i hear say he use's stooges and editing are all the magicians on this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:25 am 
Penguin

WHY IS EVERYBODY GETTING SO MAD ABOUT HIM EXPOSING THESE THINGS ON TV GEEZ
the toothpick trick isnt even worth doing every1 knows what happens to it, the styrofoam cup is dead obviose, the only good one is the lipstick one, so just let it go and stop whining about every little thing Criss Angel does and focus on ur own, PLEASE
another thing, David Blaine is just really good at performing tricks, good quick hands etc, Criss Angel acually thinks outside the box and tries new and different things that stand out, look at his stage performances

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:41 am 
born to perform.

oasis604 wrote:
WHY IS EVERYBODY GETTING SO MAD ABOUT HIM EXPOSING THESE THINGS ON TV GEEZ
the toothpick trick isnt even worth doing every1 knows what happens to it, the styrofoam cup is dead obviose, the only good one is the lipstick one, so just let it go and stop whining about every little thing Criss Angel does and focus on ur own, PLEASE
another thing, David Blaine is just really good at performing tricks, good quick hands etc, Criss Angel acually thinks outside the box and tries new and different things that stand out, look at his stage performances

Dont forget the salt shaker effect. And that's not really thinking outside the box, it's called stage magic, stage and close-up/street are two different things. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:43 am 
born to perform.

Hes not exposing huge illusions dude. Hes not teaching people to levitate. Hes not teaching people to throw a card through a window

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next