View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 1768
Location: Location Location... Always the most important thing
rippedandrestored35 wrote:
Hes not exposing huge illusions dude. Hes not teaching people to levitate. Hes not teaching people to throw a card through a window


yeah, but the start of him exposing will lead up and up, and the next thing you know, his name is The Masked Angel. Criss angel with a big black mask on running around on a stage exposing tricks...

Probably not going to happen, but you never know what he will do next.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:22 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Posts: 1487
Location: on the move
oztheozzie wrote:
magicgolferman wrote:
what ever ozzie your ignorant.

angel wants to impress the audience of his show. So he does that kind of stuff. So what? you dont watch it... why talk anymore. YOur not a fan, then just say it and go onto something else to talk about. I dont dislike baline, he is a major influece/ idol in the magic art. Both are supper rich and supper great magicians who have done many similar things.....


Actually they haven't done very similar things. Blaine do not use camera tricks in half his tricks. Blaine does not use paid actors in half his tricks. Blaine did not expose tricks on national television. Bloaine did not ever badmouth Angel. Blaine did not ever disrespect Houdini by dancing all over his grave.



do you have proof he pays "actors" or stooges? LIke exodus says....i want to see a copy of a pay stub from CA to a stooge. BUt please amit blaine has used some stooges before....maybe not on all of his tricks but some. Angel says he has the utmost respect for blaine. Watch the oasis espisode in season one. "blaine cam by, just shows you the respect" or something along those lines. And about the dancing on the grave, i dunno that seemed to be a long time ago...although rather eye scaring and disturbing...i'm not commenting on that...but may lean with you on that particualr topic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:23 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 280
Location: Parlin, New Jersey
I really hate what people are doing. I do not hate Criss Angel at all. All of you bash and try and find something to complain about with Angel because he IS better then you. Admit it. Whenever he performs a trick and you don't know how it is done you automatically jump to camera tricks or stooges. Also you guys are saying he would be behind bars if he really did that hypnotism thing with the fliers. What about people that go to a magic show and they do hypnotism? Also, not one single person has proved he used stooges or camera tricks. Until then, you cannot say he does. Well you can say he does, but you have nothing to back it up with. And we do know that Blaine did for the balducci levitation. But you are going to say it was to protect the secret. How? He showed the balducci levitation once on television so why can't he show it again? That is enhancing the effect digitally so people watching it on tv think he is even more amazing. Camera tricks are camera tricks. It is that simple. Blaine used camera tricks and stooges. You still have no proof that Angel did. It is also funny how everyone bashes Criss for exposing a trick taught in a book in the library. As someone said Mac King did the same thing on The World's Greatest Magic. Yet I have still to hear someone complain about that. David Copperfield did use a stooge, yet no one has complained about that either. David Blaine used camera tricks in his levitation, yet no one complained about that. So until you convince me with proof that Criss Angel uses camera tricks and stooges, then this really really needs to stop. Just admit he is better then you and stop trying to find this wrong with him just so you can complain about him. Thank you.
-Nick


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Posts: 1621
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
i know, just because he does an amazing illusion that nobody knows how to do it it will be here on penguin 10 minutes later saying he used stooges or camera tricks. Why do you hate criss angel because he does or doesnt use stooges and camera tricks. His tricks without stooges and camera tricks(if he uses them)are far better than anybody's I know. You people hate him because you think he uses stooges or camera tricks, when his other tricks are still amazing and awesome.
-Ben


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:38 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 232
It's because they literally are at a loss when it comes to Criss Angel, so what do they do? They talk about his 'love life', his 'pictures on a grave', his 'exposure', then they talk about how his show will end.

Yet they can't explain and avoid the LOGIC of certain things, they run from LOGIC.

For Instance--IF all he is doing is using Camera Tricks then why does he use consultants?

The answer that is embarrassingly put forward is that ''He does it to give himself credibility!"

Talk about grasping for straws!

The first problem with this response is ---The consultants themselves must be Robot's then, no matter what he does they just go along with it!

The second problem is there are consultants that are not widely known to be working with Criss.

July issue of Magic magazine reported that Danny Cole is a consultant for both Cyril and Criss Angel!!

So if the 'nay Sayers are correct' then now Danny Cole is another waste of money since he can't add anything to 'Camera Tricks'!

And furthermore why would these consultants want to tarnish their reputation if all Criss was doing was 'Camera Tricks'!

You see it is irrefutable, the case against Criss totally dies and all you have is frustrated magicians who are at a loss for explaining things that the reach out for the easiest of solutions while leaving Logic at the front door.

So then we see the awards that Criss has won, that NO-ONE has done.

So what are we left with-----

People on the Internet posting how they 'know' Criss is using Stooges and Camera Tricks for everything!

Let us be honest here, many magicians use things to their benefit. Criss Angel if he has used anything it would only be a 'few' times and nothing worth mentioning, it certainly is not at the level of what people here think.
They essentially have deluded themselves.

It is laughable but at the same time very sad. Very sad indeed.
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Posts: 1487
Location: on the move
Amen to that ^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:20 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
magicgolferman wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
magicgolferman wrote:
what ever ozzie your ignorant.

angel wants to impress the audience of his show. So he does that kind of stuff. So what? you dont watch it... why talk anymore. YOur not a fan, then just say it and go onto something else to talk about. I dont dislike baline, he is a major influece/ idol in the magic art. Both are supper rich and supper great magicians who have done many similar things.....


Actually they haven't done very similar things. Blaine do not use camera tricks in half his tricks. Blaine does not use paid actors in half his tricks. Blaine did not expose tricks on national television. Bloaine did not ever badmouth Angel. Blaine did not ever disrespect Houdini by dancing all over his grave.


do you have proof he pays "actors" or stooges? LIke exodus says....I want to see a copy of a pay stub from CA to a stooge. BUt please amit blaine has used some stooges before....maybe not on all of his tricks but some. Angel says he has the utmost respect for blaine. Watch the oasis espisode in season one. "blaine cam by, just shows you the respect" or something along those lines. And about the dancing on the grave, I dunno that seemed to be a long time ago...although rather eye scaring and disturbing...I'm not commenting on that...but may lean with you on that particualr topic.


Angel says he has the utmost respect for Blaine and yet he turns and badmouthes him? Actually there are proof that Angel has used paid actors. The "Bad Acting" thread The time when he put paid actors to watch his levitation from the bad angles in orfer to make it seem as if it can be done surrounded. The only time Blaine used stooges were Card Through Window and the Tooth trick, neither used paid actors to act amazed even though nothing happened. As for camera tricks, i admit, I have no proof he ever used it, but people have seen wire flashes an such, but I have never seen it mostly because I dont watch his show much anymore. But we all must admit, we know he uses them.

-Tony


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:28 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
nickedge wrote:
I really hate what people are doing. I do not hate Criss Angel at all. All of you bash and try and find something to complain about with Angel because he IS better then you. Admit it. Whenever he performs a trick and you don't know how it is done you automatically jump to camera tricks or stooges. Also you guys are saying he would be behind bars if he really did that hypnotism thing with the fliers. What about people that go to a magic show and they do hypnotism? Also, not one single person has proved he used stooges or camera tricks. Until then, you cannot say he does. Well you can say he does, but you have nothing to back it up with. And we do know that Blaine did for the balducci levitation. But you are going to say it was to protect the secret. How? He showed the balducci levitation once on television so why can't he show it again? That is enhancing the effect digitally so people watching it on tv think he is even more amazing. Camera tricks are camera tricks. It is that simple. Blaine used camera tricks and stooges. You still have no proof that Angel did. It is also funny how everyone bashes Criss for exposing a trick taught in a book in the library. As someone said Mac King did the same thing on The World's Greatest Magic. Yet I have still to hear someone complain about that. David Copperfield did use a stooge, yet no one has complained about that either. David Blaine used camera tricks in his levitation, yet no one complained about that. So until you convince me with proof that Criss Angel uses camera tricks and stooges, then this really really needs to stop. Just admit he is better then you and stop trying to find this wrong with him just so you can complain about him. Thank you.
-Nick


People have prooved he used stooges, the "Bad Acting" thread, the time when he used paid actors to watch his levitation from the bad angle to make it seem as if it can be done surrounded. Blaine used camea tricks and stooges? What proof do you have? You accuse Blaine of it when Angel use them way more? What does that say about you, you are just a fan who doesn't even know his facts and just want to defend Angel for everything. Angel is better than me in stage effects and such, I admit it, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable for him to use camera tricks and paid actors. You keep saying Blaine used camera tricks for his lev, where is your proof, you only believe that because eveyone says so and it's obvious. I believe it as well, thats why i believe Angel use them, it's obvious. So if you believe Blaine use camera tricks on his lev, it's not fair that you think Angel dont use them. Just because other people have exposed tricks does not make it acceptable for Angel to do it. Our president is an idiot, do we all have to be idiots too?

-Tony


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:35 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
CameraEdit wrote:
It's because they literally are at a loss when it comes to Criss Angel, so what do they do? They talk about his 'love life', his 'pictures on a grave', his 'exposure', then they talk about how his show will end.

Yet they can't explain and avoid the LOGIC of certain things, they run from LOGIC.

For Instance--IF all he is doing is using Camera Tricks then why does he use consultants?

The answer that is embarrassingly put forward is that ''He does it to give himself credibility!"

Talk about grasping for straws!

The first problem with this response is ---The consultants themselves must be Robot's then, no matter what he does they just go along with it!

The second problem is there are consultants that are not widely known to be working with Criss.

July issue of Magic magazine reported that Danny Cole is a consultant for both Cyril and Criss Angel!!

So if the 'nay Sayers are correct' then now Danny Cole is another waste of money since he can't add anything to 'Camera Tricks'!

And furthermore why would these consultants want to tarnish their reputation if all Criss was doing was 'Camera Tricks'!

You see it is irrefutable, the case against Criss totally dies and all you have is frustrated magicians who are at a loss for explaining things that the reach out for the easiest of solutions while leaving Logic at the front door.

So then we see the awards that Criss has won, that NO-ONE has done.

So what are we left with-----

People on the Internet posting how they 'know' Criss is using Stooges and Camera Tricks for everything!

Let us be honest here, many magicians use things to their benefit. Criss Angel if he has used anything it would only be a 'few' times and nothing worth mentioning, it certainly is not at the level of what people here think.
They essentially have deluded themselves.

It is laughable but at the same time very sad. Very sad indeed.
.


He is a celebrity, of course people will talk about his love life, or whatever he does that people don't approve, like him and Houdini's grave and his exposure. We have no logic? What logic is it that you have, believing Angel can fly and teleport? No one ever said Angel use camera tricks and paid actors for everything, you dont read. I believe he use camera tricks for maybe 35-40% of his effects, stooges, at least 50%. Anyone who seriously think he doesn't use them are [edited](forgive me for being direct, but they are).

It is laughable how Angel has deluded you. It's laughable but sad at the same time. Very sad indeed. :lol:

-Tony


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:39 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
rippedandrestored35 wrote:
Hes not exposing huge illusions dude. Hes not teaching people to levitate. Hes not teaching people to throw a card through a window


It does not matter how big the illusions are. The simple and smaller effects of magic are sometimes the best. Just because an effect is larger, does not mean it's any better.

-Tony


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:32 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 232
oztheozzie

Yea talking about one's life of love is open, but also it is open for me to talk about the one's who *only* criticize and talk not only about one's love life but other things as well. Both are open, you have an opinion, and I have an opinion on the nonsense of it!

Secondly none of you are making any rational sense or logic.
Criss is using Stooges and Camera Tricks you say. Then explain why he pays money for consultants? The answer you might give is something ridiculous like -it gives him credibility-

Nonsense, that is like saying not only is he using stooges but now his consultants are stooges as well! They all have no thought about their reputations!

All I ask for you guys is to make some sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:38 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
CameraEdit wrote:
oztheozzie

Yea talking about one's life of love is open, but also it is open for me to talk about the one's who *only* criticize and talk not only about one's love life but other things as well. Both are open, you have an opinion, and I have an opinion on the nonsense of it!

Secondly none of you are making any rational sense or logic.
Criss is using Stooges and Camera Tricks you say. Then explain why he pays money for consultants? The answer you might give is something ridiculous like -it gives him credibility-

Nonsense, that is like saying not only is he using stooges but now his consultants are stooges as well! They all have no thought about their reputations!

All I ask for you guys is to make some sense.


Yes, of course you make a lot of sense, Angel can fly, he can teleport, he is God. I give up, you're too obsessed with him anyways.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 1916
Location: www.magician-talk.com
Blaine does perform more tricks realistically. In fact most of his tricks you can learn or buy. Only some of Angels can you buy or learn. Angel does use stooges(Gut Buster) and Im sure he uses camera tricks but he does not use them all the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 03 Apr 2004
Posts: 1487
Location: on the move
here's the way my brother a nonmagician who watched a few episodes of Minkfreak put it:

"OF course he may pre set stuff up so that the show will flow more. LIke gutbuster...the guy was asked to do that...but it still is a real trick....and yaddah yahddda yahdda."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:17 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
Here's what my brother, a laymen, said, exact quote"

"I think he sucks because he's using camera tricks and actors to lie to the audience and make us think he's a good magician."

-Tony


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.