View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
Here's what my brother, a laymen, said, exact quote"

"I think he sucks because he's using camera tricks and actors to lie to the audience and make us think he's a good magician."

-Tony

no he didnt, those are your words, and how can your brother be a laymen if your uncle is a professional

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:46 am 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
Quote:
Here's what my brother, a laymen, said, exact quote"

"I think he sucks because he's using camera tricks and actors to lie to the audience and make us think he's a good magician."

-Tony

no he didnt, those are your words, and how can your brother be a laymen if your uncle is a professional

How would you know? Those are the exact words he said when I asked him what he thought. What does my uncle being a pro have anything to do with my brother being a laymen. He's 12 and doesn't have any interest in performing amagic, so what does my uncle have anything to do with it?

-tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:22 am 
Penguin

What speaks louder then people claiming things on the NET is the actual ratings for a cable tv showing that *most* people don't think this way.
Again --Its just The fact's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:38 am 
Emperor Penguin

i say they are your words because ive heard you say them on here more than enough times to fill an entire forum. and with your uncle being a professional, your brother will know how things work, even if he doesnt know the exact method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:02 am 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
I say they are your words because ive heard you say them on here more than enough times to fill an entire forum. and with your uncle being a professional, your brother will know how things work, even if he doesnt know the exact method.

I've said things like that before because it's true, basically all you Angel fans say the say thing as well, "he is better than you and you're jealous", "so what if he uses camera tricks, he still entertains the audience", etc. I've heard the same thing from multiple people hundreds of times. My uncle lives in San Diego, while my brother and I live in San Francisco, so how would my brother know anything? He only helped me because I showed interest in magic. My dad is a chef, he lives in the same house, I still can't cook anything other than fried eggs. So what the edited were you talking about?

-Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

im talking about you sounding like your making things up now just to keep arguments going. you always have the same response,(i dont watch his show so i dont know whats going on) but always put in your 2 cents about everything. if you dont watch the show than quit talking about him. you also always use the quit talking about other magicians in the blaine/angel forum, when someone uses another magician as an example and they are right. you just cant get over your hatred for angel because you love blaine so much. i like them both, who cares if angel bashed him or whatever, if you dont like him quit talking about him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:44 pm 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
im talking about you sounding like your making things up now just to keep arguments going. you always have the same response,(I dont watch his show so I dont know whats going on) but always put in your 2 cents about everything. if you dont watch the show than quit talking about him. you also always use the quit talking about other magicians in the blaine/angel forum, when someone uses another magician as an example and they are right. you just cant get over your hatred for angel because you love blaine so much. I like them both, who cares if angel bashed him or whatever, if you dont like him quit talking about him.

So all that about my uncle being a pro and all that was just bs? By the way, when Magicgolferman quoted his brother or whoever it was, I asked my brother personally about the topic and those are his exact words. I dont watch the show anymore, (much, I get a glimpse every now and then), that doesn't mean I have to stop talking about what I believe in. Many of you keep saying exposure is ok, when I speak against that, I dont just mean Angel, I mean anyone.

-Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

i never said your uncle being a professional is bs. its hopeless talking about this anymore, as ive said before we can go back and forth for ages and noone will budge either way so whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:08 pm 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
I never said your uncle being a professional is bs. its hopeless talking about this anymore, as ive said before we can go back and forth for ages and noone will budge either way so whatever.

Actually, wasn't that me that said that a while ago when I was talking to CameraEdit?

-Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:35 pm 
Penguin

magicgolferman wrote:
Frankly,

I"M SICK OF ALL OF YOU! You all just make me sick. Bash, bash bash all you want he's making milllions and your not. HE has a TV show and you dont. He has more shows than Blaine, which leaves him so much more time to put material on it. The WOW! factor of regualr magicw/o stooges or editing is blah blah blah and wouldnt sell advertising. So to improve the WOW! factor they do extra stuff...it's all aout the ulmighty dollar.

Read my "I've broken...just stop the bashing"
well you know wh cause people all think thats real and they waste there life watching him its all staged sure he may look cool but he sucks i bet out of all those tricks he knows he could on ly do about 5 on the street cause he uses set up [edited] :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:09 pm 
born to perform.

Sure its faked and staged....but what real TV isnt? Even "reality" tv shows are staged and set up. This is the same way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
well you know wh cause people all think thats real and they waste there life watching him its all staged sure he may look cool but he sucks I bet out of all those tricks he knows he could on ly do about 5 on the street cause he uses set up [edited]

you say he sucks yet he is a 3 time magician of the year, and how many tricks can you do that dont require a setup, im sure you perform healed and sealed soda, hmm setup. what about fly reincarnation, setup, those are tricks performed by david blaine, and yet your not saying anything about those. he does illusions on his show that are made for t.v. yet he has a real audience there watching most of them. what you are seeing on t.v is the shortened version of most of his illusions because of the time frame of the half hour television show. now if you were to be there in person im sure the illusion would take a little longer than what you see on t.v.

but say again how many awards you have won for doing magic, im going to guess 0!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:59 am 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
Quote:
well you know wh cause people all think thats real and they waste there life watching him its all staged sure he may look cool but he sucks I bet out of all those tricks he knows he could on ly do about 5 on the street cause he uses set up [edited]

you say he sucks yet he is a 3 time magician of the year, and how many tricks can you do that dont require a setup, im sure you perform healed and sealed soda, hmm setup. what about fly reincarnation, setup, those are tricks performed by david blaine, and yet your not saying anything about those. he does illusions on his show that are made for t.v. yet he has a real audience there watching most of them. what you are seeing on t.v is the shortened version of most of his illusions because of the time frame of the half hour television show. now if you were to be there in person im sure the illusion would take a little longer than what you see on t.v.

but say again how many awards you have won for doing magic, im going to guess 0!!!!

yea i havnt won any cause im not famouse and im not gonna sit here and answer all those questions because its obviouse the answers but what i want you to do is ask your self those questions how many awards have you won??? 0!!!!!and ps i dont do those tricks im not really into close up and ohh yea sry if i offended anyone but im just getting out my opinion isnt that what this thread is asking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:48 am 
Emperor Penguin

im not saying he sucks now am i, i dont have any awards, and you dont have to be famous to win awards, you have to be good!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:40 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well you can't really see me if I've vanished now can you?
You don't need awards to be good. Awards don't mean a thing. It's going out there and doing it. Angel does it, yes he may have his ups and downs such as camera tricks, and exposing and stooges. So what? Big deal. And David Blaine, same. He has his ups and downs. I'm sure there are many people in the world are better magicians than David Blaine and Criss Angel. They just probably aren't as good at getting themselves on T.V. to do tricks or stunts or getting their own show. I like CA, and I like DB, but I prefer DB for my own reasons. They each have their own individual qualities that I like. Some things I may not like or acknowledge, but does that mean I hate and bash the magician? No. It means I go out, "make it my own" as CA says, and get better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next