View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:51 pm 
Emperor Penguin

exodus wrote:
Houdini died from being punched in the stomach. Don't believe everything you read, especially about a magician that "cheated" death all the time. No one's going to say that he died from his kidney rupturing. It's not a manly death, like dying in the water torture cell. In all of Houdini's stunts, he was safe. He was always safe. The man was a genius. He wasn't going to risk his life for something he may not be able to get out of.

"Actutally Houdini's appendix had ruptured and produced peritonitis. Doctors gave him an experimental serum, and four days later operated again. But the sepsis had taken over his system."

They believe that the punch just covered it up, or might have aggravated his appendix. So it wasn’t the main cause. He also refused medical attention.

On a side note, angel rarely puts himself in true danger. His hook hanging was probably the most dangerous of all his feats and illusions.

Last edited by DavidTheCryptic on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

More lies and misinformation by Criss. The Pendragon's version is still faster. He seriously needs to get over himself and stop being so insecure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:16 pm 
Emperor Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
exodus wrote:
Houdini died from being punched in the stomach. Don't believe everything you read, especially about a magician that "cheated" death all the time. No one's going to say that he died from his kidney rupturing. It's not a manly death, like dying in the water torture cell. In all of Houdini's stunts, he was safe. He was always safe. The man was a genius. He wasn't going to risk his life for something he may not be able to get out of.

Actutally Houdini's appendix had ruptured and produced peritonitis. Doctors gave him an experimental serum, and four days later operated again. But the sepsis had taken over his system.

they believe that the punch jsut covered it up, or might have aggrivated his appendix. so it wasnt the main cause. he also refussed medical attention.

on a side note, angel rarley puts himself in true danger. his hook hanging was probably the most dangerous of all his feats and illusions.

You should always uses "quotes" when quoting another source that is not your own writing. For a minute there I thought you were doing some major work on your spelling and Grammar. Then I saw the last two sentences. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:19 pm 
Emperor Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
exodus wrote:

Actutally Houdini's appendix had ruptured and produced peritonitis. Doctors gave him an experimental serum, and four days later operated again. But the sepsis had taken over his system.

they believe that the punch jsut covered it up, or might have aggrivated his appendix. so it wasnt the main cause. he also refussed medical attention.

on a side note, angel rarley puts himself in true danger. his hook hanging was probably the most dangerous of all his feats and illusions.

You should always uses "quotes" when quoting another source that is not your own writing. For a minute there I thought you were doing some major work on your spelling and Grammar. Then I saw the last two sentences. :)

There, and its not exact quote I had to edit out some stuff. 8) The only reason I did that was because I didn’t know how to spell the words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:39 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
Houdini died from being punched in the stomach. Don't believe everything you read, especially about a magician that "cheated" death all the time. No one's going to say that he died from his kidney rupturing.

Not quite. While it made sense at the time nowadays doctors concor that a punch to the stomach would not rupture the appendix (not the kidney). He most likely already had early stages of appendicitis when he was punch and atributed the subsequent pain to the blow. Because he thought that was the cause of pain he failed to notice the pain was really due to his infected appendix. This caused him to delay treatment and let the appendix burst and peritonitus set in. Had he not been punched he probably would have noticed the pain was really due to appendicitis and would have gotten the appropriate treatment. The blow to the stomach didn't cause the appendix to rupture, but it caused houdini to not get treatment allowing it to burst and kill him later. Just clearing up a common misconception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:42 am 
born to perform.

bendini wrote:
yeah but he was more of an escapologist than magician. And Criss is more magician than escapologist.
Yah but houdini wanted to be a magician more than anything. So he called himself a magician. Anyways its kind of ironic Houdini died on halloween and said if thier was one person that could talk to the otherside when he is dead it would be him. I don't know what this has to do with anything but I thought it was an interesting fact.

Thanks

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:58 am 

Appendix, kidney, at least I was doing it from memory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:02 am 
born to perform.

seanbuyer896 wrote:
bendini wrote:
yeah but he was more of an escapologist than magician. And Criss is more magician than escapologist.
Yah but houdini wanted to be a magician more than anything. So he called himself a magician. Anyways its kind of ironic Houdini died on halloween and said if thier was one person that could talk to the otherside when he is dead it would be him. I don't know what this has to do with anything but I thought it was an interesting fact.

Thanks

Sean

Actually Houdini said himself to the press, "Don't insult me by calling me a magician, I'm an escapologist" or something of the sort.

As for Angel, he's more movie director than both magician or escapologist.

-Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:12 am 
born to perform.

I remeber hearing something like that but i am pretty sure he never said that. Houdini actually wanted to gain the respect of Magicians to do this he went on a shopping spree and bought a bunch of tricks. He was a terrible magician. He then went to charles morritt a close friend aand he built the vanishing elephant illusion. I believe his last act contained magic illusions in it. So he would really sound like a dumbass if he said that.

Thanks

Sean

Last edited by seanbuyer896 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:12 am 

I can see it now, "Don't insult me by calling me a magician, I'm the king of cards."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:20 am 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
I can see it now, "Don't insult me by calling me a magician, I'm the king of cards."

you know he really said that right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:08 am 
born to perform.

seanbuyer896 wrote:
bendini wrote:

Thanks

Sean

actually he died a couple days after. At least thats what I thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:06 am 
Penguin

Houdini died at 1:26 oct. 31 from a ruptured appendix.

Houdini did say don't insult me by calling me a magician, I'm the king of cards. Also as a child houdini worked for a locksmith, that is were he started getting into escapolagy I heard.

timjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:08 am 
born to perform.

bendini wrote:
I have no clue. That freaked me out. THose tattooed midgets. Did they steal the drink for him when the clerk was gone?
yeah, they did, it was hillarious.
and criss was dressed like a woman because he wanted too, and he could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:11 am 
born to perform.

timjoy wrote:
Houdini died at 1:26 oct. 31 from a ruptured appendix.

Houdini did say don't insult me by calling me a magician, I'm the king of cards. Also as a child houdini worked for a locksmith, that is were he started getting into escapolagy I heard.

timjoy

no, as a child,houdini worked for a magician, that is where he got into magic, when he started doing metamorphasis, that is when he got into escapology, I'm not exactly sure about the metamorphasis thing, but he never worked for a locksmith as a kid.

I have this book:http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=574 so, thats my source.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next