View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 am 
born to perform.

Exodus is right. Houdini was safer. He did things that were diffrent at the time, making them look death defying. But in acuallity they were like tricks today...um a trained person could do. CA does stuff that an ETREMELY well trained person does.

Houdini was great for his time...and so is CA. Time has changed and so has the danger, tricks, and stunuts.

As for the trick last night...i liked it. I didnt really watch anyhting other than that cuz i fast forwarded it on my DVR. I wasnt interested in the model trick, the baby thing...(yeh tattoos?) and did he do that trick chad juros did just two weeks ago...with the confetti?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:49 am 
Penguin

bckid wrote:
timjoy wrote:
Houdini died at 1:26 oct. 31 from a ruptured appendix.

Houdini did say don't insult me by calling me a magician, I'm the king of cards. Also as a child houdini worked for a locksmith, that is were he started getting into escapolagy I heard.

timjoy

no, as a child,houdini worked for a magician, that is where he got into magic, when he started doing metamorphasis, that is when he got into escapology, I'm not exactly sure about the metamorphasis thing, but he never worked for a locksmith as a kid.

I have this book:http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=574 so, thats my source.

As a child Houdini took odd jobs like being a messenger boy or a neck-tie cutter but work as a magician on the side whenever he could. Get got into magic first by seeing a performer named Dr. Lynn and further after reading the memoirs of Robert Houdin. He first formed the act "The Houdini Brothers" first with a fellow magician named Jack Hayman, and later with his brother Theo, then just as Houdini with his wife Bess. The highlight of their act was metamorphosis but early on he was forced to take second billing to rather humilating acts like "The world's smallest triplets". There's no real evidence that he apprenticed with a locksmithe but he always featured a handcuff escape, but it didn't get much of a reaction until a talent agent named Martin Beck dared him with his own handcuffs. The audience was amazed and Beck told Houdini to concentrate less on magic and more on his real strength, escapology and the rest is history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:10 am 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
I was impressed. I'm almost positive that they "I was burned" thing was done in the same context as Chris Korn's "accident" on Mondo Magic a while back. It's too make it seem more dangerous, therefore raising the interest of people. I do give him credit for that change though. That was impressive.

My assumption is that they had recorded the comments of spectators first and a lot of them were saying they could feel the heat on their faces. Criss Angel probably came up with the idea to use those clips and BS them by recording "interview" clips as if the heat was "extreme" and that he was burned. Come on people, you've seen reality tv before right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:28 am 
Emperor Penguin

no if you watched closely you could see the crowd jump back and a wave of heat moved toward them. he was really close to the fire but the flames isnt what burned him it was the heat. have you ever driven by a fire by the side of the road or freeway and felt the intense heat through the glass of your car. now imagine that 50 times hotter and with no glass to protect you, you will see it was easy that they got burned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:43 pm 
Penguin

his woman assistant that got burned was also the same woman from the levitation in season 1 in vegas...haha, not a big deal, now ppl are gunna get pissed at this, i dont see why but the ppl that do need lives other than wait and watch for everything Criss Angel does wrong, no1 is perfect
BTW i really liked this episode, i think it was absolutely amazing how fast the "metamorphosis" happend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:17 pm 
born to perform.

oasis604 wrote:
his woman assistant that got burned was also the same woman from the levitation in season 1 in vegas...haha, not a big deal, now ppl are gunna get pissed at this, I dont see why but the ppl that do need lives other than wait and watch for everything Criss Angel does wrong, no1 is perfect
BTW I really liked this episode, I think it was absolutely amazing how fast the "metamorphosis" happend

thats cool, so he has friend/assistants, also, what I hate is when people(not you oasis604) say stuff like "criss is using camera angles/effects" because, yeah, so what thats part of the trick, its still a trick.

(please dont start an argument about this)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

amen to that, anyway if you didnt know he was using an assistant in the levitation than boy are you gullible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:08 am 
born to perform.

im a criss fan but ha dont you love how he says i dont use a curtin well he does....A 20 FOOT WALL OF FIRE lol pretty much works as one lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:30 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
amen to that, anyway if you didnt know he was using an assistant in the levitation than boy are you gullible

thats exactly why i dont think any1 should get mad about it being the same person, it wouldnt prove anything but how stupid they are for believing the levitation was real...haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:34 pm 

cyberpunked wrote:
My assumption is that they had recorded the comments of spectators first and a lot of them were saying they could feel the heat on their faces. Criss Angel probably came up with the idea to use those clips and BS them by recording "interview" clips as if the heat was "extreme" and that he was burned. Come on people, you've seen reality tv before right?

I don't care how he accomplished it, that was kick [edited] television.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:17 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
cyberpunked wrote:

I don't care how he accomplished it, that was kick [edited] television.

^ Definetley(spelling, its summer what can i say)

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:26 pm 
Penguin

Hey, speaking of acomplish... I'm just getting back into magic, does anyone know where I could buy or learn how to do metamorphesis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:26 pm 
Penguin

Hey, speaking of acomplish... I'm just getting back into magic, does anyone know where I could buy or learn how to do metamorphesis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:49 am 
Emperor Penguin

Tarbell, volume 6 I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:32 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
More lies and misinformation by Criss. The Pendragon's version is still faster. He seriously needs to get over himself and stop being so insecure.
acually Criss's looked faster than theirs...wikipedia said it too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next