View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Angel /Blaine vs Pro wrestling, which is more believable?
Bliane / Angel 86%  86%  [ 49 ]
Pro Wrestling 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 57
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:14 pm 
Penguin

One thing I will add and it might shock some here.

Wrestling is more real then either Criss or Blaine.
Yea, I know the stunts etc etc, but in wrestling, you are doing things that really screw up your body big time, the outcome is fake, but the injuries are really serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:34 pm 

That's why I've always said that it's scripted, not fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:51 pm 
born to perform.

True, I've heard a lot about wrestler being seriously injured. But you fail to remember Blaine's stunts are real stunts, not illusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:52 pm 
Penguin

Look at ECW. Alot of wrestlers get injured on that show. For example Randy Orton popped his shoulder out of socket. Man that's rank lol :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:58 pm 

That's not ECW. ECW didn't need 12 different camera angles or pyro. It may be called ECW and, yes, I do like it and watch it every week, but it's not ECW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:49 am 
Penguin

Oh I didnt say anything here lol. Im just saying ECW is awesome and the risks they take are unreal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:51 am 

Took. The risks they took were unreal. Past tense. Unfortunately, Vince won't let them take the risks that made ECW the cult favorite.

Post subject: Re: They both SUCK! They are ruining magic.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:37 am 
born to perform.

EhrichWeiss wrote:
...............Everyone, quit supporting these fakes!.....................

question..... when is your tv special airing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:04 am 
Emperor Penguin

Lets not forget that Owen Hart died during a match, I actually saw that happen, why oh why would you ever say sure throw me off this 20 foot scaffolding onto a table. anyway this guy has no clue what he's talking about. he probably did some trick and everyone caught him and than said your no criss angel or david blaine, so now hes bitter. David Blaine is a master with a deck of cards, and Criss Angel just happens to know how to captivate an audience with his style. They are both good in my opinion, I can do without some of the tricks angel does but I like the vast majority of them. I like blaine because he does all the tricks that we can all do with practice but makes them look absolutely amazing, have you ever tried doing healed and sealed soda and make it look convincing........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:10 am 
born to perform.

yah exodus it sucks that ECW cant do the stuff they used to, if you wanna see REAL hardcore fighting go by ECW bloodiest matches, thats back when they where real Balls Mahoney talks abiut how they(the dudleys and him)decided before a match to make the match intresting so the dudleys said lets put thumb tacks on the table, balls said and i quote"no lets light it on fire,i dont care if i get hurt lets entertain the fans" thus the dudleys and the flaming tables after that match it was like there signature thing

Owen Heart dident get thrown of on to a table i read a whole book on it the life and death of owen heart or somthing quite boring book but he was going to do a entrence from the roof on a cable and the harness broke and he fell

i kno alot bout wresling(but i still cant spell it lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:17 am 
Emperor Penguin

what i heard to but there is a video on some site where they show it, he gets thrown off the scaffolding and is supposed to land on a table thats only about 5 feet from the scaffolding but missed and landed on the ropes than flung off them, but i could be wrong, it could have been someone else and they just said it was owen hart. I did hear that the harness broke though, and so i dont really know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:29 pm 

That was Vic Grimes in XPW. They did that kind of thing. They were a garbage wrestling company. Owen died due to a harness malfunction while doing the Sting-style intrance.

ECW doesn't suck, it's just that it's not ECW. They never mentioned RVD and Sabu getting busted on tv, that's not ECW. ECW would have made a big point out of it and probably brought in CM Punk right then and there to take the belt off RVD. Also, when Punk debuts, expect me to mark out completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:47 pm 
born to perform.

ha i kno ECW doesent suck it sucks that they cant be extream anymore and u dont lyk punk? yah i agree with them making a deal out of sabu and rvd did u hear the crowd chant marauina or w/e?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:22 pm 
born to perform.

Yes, I think the guy who wrote this subject didn't quite know what he is talking about. He's obviously a new guy who doesn't know quality magic when he sees it. Both Blaine and( I hate to say it) Angel are popular and famous because they are good magicians, the best, no but still they are good. And, I also noticed he hasn't ever showed his face on here again, I guess he just wanted to make that one topic and then left. I don't think pro wrestling is fake b/c people can get injured, but it's just bad acting and muscle bound dudes going at it off a script, but thats beside the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:43 pm 
Penguin

Regardless ECW is still good entertainment and they take alot more risks then the wrestlers over in WWE. However I will agree that they dont take the risks that they once did. However that is understandable with such popular names. You see back in the old ECW days they didnt have huge talent or very popular guys like Shawn Michaels, HHH, Stone cold etc... they had minor guys that sure alot of people still liked but they werent nothing compared too some of the big names in WWE. That is why it didnt matter so much if they took huge risks because they were not super famous yet.

Now here in the year 2006 most if not all the wreslters are pretty popular. And most the wrestlers in ECW are WWE wrestlers such as Kurt Angle, Big show, RVD (then again he used to wrestle for ECW), and not to mention they have different WWE wreslters on ECW every week. So its understandable that ECW doesnt want to take huge risks with these popular icons compared to 10 years ago.

What ECW needs is new wrestlers every week. I dont like the fact that ECW brings all these WWE wrestlers into their show. They should start a new roster full of young talent that is prepared to take risks. For a good example TNA. They started from scratch and look how popular TNA is growing because its far more exciting then WWE.

By the way sorry this kind of went way off topic with this thread but im just giving my two cent on how ECW could better its self.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next