View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Angel /Blaine vs Pro wrestling, which is more believable?
Bliane / Angel 86%  86%  [ 49 ]
Pro Wrestling 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 57
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

what is ECW, ive never heard of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:01 am 

That would be the pro wrestling side of the conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:07 am 
Penguin

yeah i think wrestling is scripted but people can get serioslyinjured :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:28 am 
born to perform.

rgroboto wrote:
yeah I think wrestling is scripted but people can get serioslyinjured :shock:

Basically scripts and characters in wrestling are fake, if you've watched an hour of wrestling on tv, you've probably seen someone jump into the ring that "wasn't suppost to be wrestling in this match", that's obviously fake for at the very least, legal reasons. If someone jumps into the ring and starts wrestling without the other persons ok, then it's basically assult, among other things. Some wrestling is fixed all together, the matches are basically staged, others stage cheesy arguments before the match but the match is real. Yes even when the matches are real, there are things that help keep the wrestlers safe, the floors aren't exactly the hardest thing to land on, but still make alot of noise as if it is, and there are ways to get hit so it doesn't hurt as bad, but people still get seriously hurt, and many end up with, lets just say "slow brain syndrom" from being hit on the head over the years.

wrestling can be like magic, even if it's fake, you might find it entertaining anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:09 pm 

Have you ever been in a wrestling ring? If not, then don't talk about the amount of padding they use. It's not as much as you'd think. My brother was doing all the training to become a wrestler and was slammed onto those mats fairly often, so he knows how hard they are. Anyways, it's completely scripted. The announcers are generally looking at a copy of the script through the show, but not everyone goes easy on people. It's like magic. If everyone becomes knowlegable about a certain aspect, they change it. Now, since most people know it's scripted, many of the younger wrestlers beat the edited out of each other in the ring legitimately. It's to keep the credibility in it. Also, go watch some Japanese wrestling tapes. Those guys are brutal over there, but it's still considered a legit sport too.

Post subject: Well, well, well.........
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:16 pm 
Penguin

8) I did shake it up a bit
I am glad people are passionate about their beliefs. But, there were so many people to quote....I will just address my thoughts here;

To you 'exodus': I like your humor, everyone needs more.

Then: 'cameraedit': perfect screen name, do you work for either of these guys? It is amazing what can be done with editing..."I will now make the earth vanish"......wait everyone close your eyes first...I will play back the tape.

'david the cryptic' : Easy,easy.... I am a true fan of Mr.HH, and he would not approve of the cheap (but expensively created) 'illusions' these guys are pulling off.

'lordlanceIII' : Are you really the third lord lance? I HAVE read BOTH books, I was intersested in Blaine for a short period of time, then like too many people, his ego got in the way. He started to do these 'Geek-freak' show performer stunts....this IS NOT MAGIC! Sure he does a close trick or two, but even the outcome of these pure sleights of hand become questionable because of the other camera laden, stooge filled, BS. Maybe, due to Angel's success, this is what pushed Blaine over the edge. Just wish he would have stayed pure and leave the freak show stuff to Cirque du Soleil.

'tkies' : easy there Bubba, drink another beer, frenchkiss your sister again and tell your Mom I will see here at the strip club tonight!

'Flipped' : "How you doing?"
If you tell me not to call them 'chumps', then I won't do it again, anything you want ...just let me know, don't mean to be crash, but if you are a magician....with your looks, I bet you are the queen of misdirection, I can see how you could final load a bowling ball with cups and balls and no one notice that the ball doesn't fit under the cup!
If you ever get down to Key West look me up at sunset @ Mallory Square. :P

Post subject: Re: Well, well, well.........
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:19 pm 

EhrichWeiss wrote:
To you 'exodus': I like your humor, everyone needs more.

I have to disagree. If everyone here had my sense of humor, the fighting would never end.

Post subject: oh God what have I done?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:25 pm 
Penguin

:? Why did I have to open the wrestling religion bottle....that is not what I had in mind.
But then again this might prove my point....if you have affection for Pro Wrestling I could see you being an Angel fan! :o

Blaine might not draw the same crowd, but there is too much camera and freak show stuff going on.......I am sure that some stuff Blaine does IS over the heads of your average wrestling fan. :shock:

With that said...I apologize for grouping them together....and oh by the way, THEY ARE NOT CHUMPS, "right, flipped?" :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:24 pm 
Penguin

I agree. There is next to little padding. I have been in a ring before. When WWE came to Saskatchewan 2 years ago and at the end of the show some of us got to go in the ring. Me and couple friends of mine went in and I was quick to realize its not as paded as I thought it would be. Plus the material is really rough.

Post subject: Re: oh God what have I done?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:32 pm 
born to perform.

EhrichWeiss wrote:
:? Why did I have to open the wrestling religion bottle....that is not what I had in mind.
But then again this might prove my point....if you have affection for Pro Wrestling I could see you being an Angel fan! :o

Blaine might not draw the same crowd, but there is too much camera and freak show stuff going on.......I am sure that some stuff Blaine does IS over the heads of your average wrestling fan. :shock:

With that said...I apologize for grouping them together....and oh by the way, THEY ARE NOT CHUMPS, "right, flipped?" :P

Camera and freak show stuff? He used camera editing once, and I'm not sure what freakshow stuff is.... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:37 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
'lordlanceIII' : Are you really the third lord lance? I HAVE read BOTH books, I was intersested in Blaine for a short period of time, then like too many people, his ego got in the way. He started to do these 'Geek-freak' show performer stunts....this IS NOT MAGIC! Sure he does a close trick or two, but even the outcome of these pure sleights of hand become questionable because of the other camera laden, stooge filled, BS. Maybe, due to Angel's success, this is what pushed Blaine over the edge. Just wish he would have stayed pure and leave the freak show stuff to Cirque du Soleil.

Ummm, he said himself, his stunts are not magic, you dont seem to know what you're talking about. He never claimed it to be magic. He used camera editing once and a stooge once, so what's this stooge filled bs you're talking about? He is definitely a better sleight of hand magician than you and have done more for magic than you ever will, give him some respect. And stop talking about his camera tricks and stooges, he used camera editing once and a stooge once! For the last time.

-Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:26 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
Quote:

Ummm, he said himself, his stunts are not magic, you dont seem to know what you're talking about. He never claimed it to be magic. He used camera editing once and a stooge once, so what's this stooge filled bs you're talking about? He is definitely a better sleight of hand magician than you and have done more for magic than you ever will, give him some respect. And stop talking about his camera tricks and stooges, he used camera editing once and a stooge once! For the last time.

-Tony

How can you say that he is better than DB, when you haven't seen him? He has made "the art of magic" WORST! He makes all of us look horrible because we cannot "fly" like him. I don't blame him though, i'm pretty sure I wouldn't have passed on that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:16 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
How can you say that he is better than DB, when you haven't seen him? He has made "the art of magic" WORST! He makes all of us look horrible because we cannot "fly" like him. I don't blame him though, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have passed on that.

You too can fly, if you have enough money.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:35 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
Camera and freak show stuff? He used camera editing once, and I'm not sure what freakshow stuff is.... :roll:

Take a trip here, this might help you see a little clearer....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHTdGq_z ... et%20magic

We all know you DO LOVE him!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:24 pm 
born to perform.

EhrichWeiss wrote:
Quote:

Take a trip here, this might help you see a little clearer....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHTdGq_z ... et%20magic

We all know you DO LOVE him!

I don't think I saw any clearer, but I think I am a bit stupider... Anyways, again, Blaine used camera tricks once and stooges once. I guess you just can't read or something.

Yes, I am a big fan of Blaine's, I dont see anything wrong with that.

So you can't prove anything and you found out what you've been saying is pathetic, so you go ahead and give a link to a stupid video and try to attack me?

-Tony

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next