View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: pulling objects out of a picture?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:06 pm 
Penguin

There may alrady be a post about this..this is my first time in this forum. if there is, plesae direct me.

but how..in...the ...edited did he pull that stuff in and out of the painting? Beats the edited out of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:40 pm 
born to perform.

ehh there are ways iv been thinking of but nothing solid yet keep in touch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:03 pm 
Penguin

um we cant tell you because that exposure no offence :( sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:09 pm 
Penguin

jordini101 wrote:
um we cant tell you because that exposure no offence :( sorry
so you do know/ is it in one of his movies? i guess it was kind of like a rhetorical question but whatev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:15 pm 
Penguin

to tell you the truth pm me and i will tell you what i know about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:09 pm 
Penguin

This seemed a lot like Cyril's hamburger trick to me.

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
so you do know/ is it in one of his movies? I guess it was kind of like a rhetorical question but whatev

no its not in one of his movies, but by telling you it would be exposure, and that is a no no in magic, do some research and then try to come up with your own method, if that doesnt work, get real good at magic and get some consultants who will help you.,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:00 pm 
Penguin

the one where criss pulls the card out of the drawing its obvious because he just has it palmed if you look at the pic, it stays the same after he takes it out

for the cyril one its so simple, all im going to say is you need an assistant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:09 am 
Emperor Penguin

no, the card dissappears from the pic after he takes it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:26 am 
Penguin

Here's the way I would do it. I would have a painting that is rigged with sliding doors behind it. The painting itself has the shapes of the objects cut out of it. For instance, the martini glass you see on the painting is actually on the sliding section and it lines up perfectly with an opening shaped like a martini glass in the surface of the painting. When my hand covers the desired section, my assistant, behind the painting slides the moving section, or door, to the left. There is an opening in this section of the sliding part which allows her to pass the object through to my covering hands. After I have the object in my hands, she slides the movable door further to the left. This part of the moving section is painted flat black so the painting now has the appearance of a black spot in the shape of and in the place of the thing that was previously seen there. To put the objects back "in" the painting I would just repeat the process in reverse. There would be a door slightly smaller than the size of the painting behind the painting to give my assistant access to the whole back of it. She would close this door at the completion of the performance to allow me to remove the painting from the wall. I would have the wall painted black so that any seams around the door would not be visible to the television camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

ok thats exposure and your way wrong, he pulls the picture down afterward and there are no holes in the wall or any signs of holes. ive seen this done before by the pendragons, only slightly different, they did it against a canvas and there was noone behind the canvas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:52 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
ok thats exposure and your way wrong, he pulls the picture down afterward and there are no holes in the wall or any signs of holes. ive seen this done before by the pendragons, only slightly different, they did it against a canvas and there was noone behind the canvas

How can it be exposure AND "way wrong"?

I'm not saying that my explaination is the way Criss Angel did it on Mindfreak, I'm saying that this is how I would do it. Just trying to think creatively.

In my version, I would be sure that the wall and door behind the painting was made of a dark material with a precision fit that the television camera could not detect. I've been involved in television production long enough to know that the camera can be easily fooled by using the right materials, lighting and distance. In fact, you'd be surprised at how little the camera DOES see.

Look, either the objects have to come from the performer's hands and/or clothes or they have to come from behind the painting. This isn't exposure, it's just common sense. I've just come up with a way that I would perform it and don't mind sharing it. Maybe someone will see this and run with it. More power to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:25 pm 
Penguin

The first time I saw it I thought I knew how it was done for sure, but then I sat down with my friend (another magician) and he gave his explanation on how it was done, and now im not to sure who is right lol if either one of us is right at all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

by telling people how to do something, that is exposure, whether you are right or wrong in the method, or if it is a method you came up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:17 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
by telling people how to do something, that is exposure, whether you are right or wrong in the method, or if it is a method you came up with.

I assume you mean on this board.

Otherwise you'd be very upset to see my bookshelves. They are full of books containing page after page of methods for doing all manner of magic tricks. Stay away from libraries and bookstores. You'd faint dead away at what you would find in the magic sections.

And I heard a rumor that there are online magic sellers who will sell the most treasured of magic secrets to anybody who has a credit card number. We need to put a stop to that!