View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

ok but they BOUGHT the secret, they werent handed to them on a silver platter, thats the difference between teaching someone and exposing to someone. you see someone may have bought the effect that we are discussing, and you so graciously just told us how it was done, that guy wasted his money because now everyone knows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:55 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
ok but they BOUGHT the secret, they werent handed to them on a silver platter, thats the difference between teaching someone and exposing to someone. you see someone may have bought the effect that we are discussing, and you so graciously just told us how it was done, that guy wasted his money because now everyone knows.

The method I described is MY idea. I can choose to give away MY ideas to the magic fraternity if I wish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

ok but how do we know its your idea, you could just be saying that, and even if it is your idea, what if it is close to the actualy way its performed, than you are exposing that secret.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:44 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
ok but how do we know its your idea, you could just be saying that, and even if it is your idea, what if it is close to the actualy way its performed, than you are exposing that secret.

I'm taking your word for it that I'm "way wrong."

I treat this the same way I treat speculation on boards where people talk about what their expectations are for the next Harry Potter book or the next season of "Lost", ect. Unless it is written by someone directly involved in the writing or production, such speculation is not considered to be spoilers. It's just creative brainstorming. If someone says, for instance, that next season they imagine that everybody on "Lost" will be blasted into outer space and, lo and behold, in six months that turns out to be true, you can't say that the person who was speculating spoiled it for you. It's just sharing thoughts. Wild guesses.

I was not involved in the taping of the Criss Angel segment in question so I have no behind-the-scenes knowledge. It is impossible for me to give the secret away. If my creative brainstorming is close to the truth, I'll never know. But it's fun to try and come up with my own ways of duplicating effects. It's good mental excersise and helps keep my brain muscles limber for creating my own illusions. Maybe it will inspire another reader. It most certainly will not hurt Criss Angel's television ratings or ruin the magic experience for laymen.

By the way - "I would rather go to the store THAN send Mary, THEN we can watch TV." You're welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

wow your original, you know your like the 100th person to correct me on the than or then writing. but what you fait to realize is that i dont care about grammar on a magic website, im not writing a formal review. Now you have your opinion, its best to keep those opinions of secrets to yourself untill you have the credit to expose those, like say Criss Angel or someone of that caliber. this is a free site, people who only want to find secrets look through here to find those secrets, and you are willingly giving them your secrets. I dont personally care because i probably wont ever perform that effect but someone else might and they wont be too happy to have someone learn it for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:35 pm 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
by telling people how to do something, that is exposure, whether you are right or wrong in the method, or if it is a method you came up with.

???
If it is a method you came up with, why the heck can't you share it? You would have every right to give it away to the public as long as it's your effect. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

its not his effect, he said if i were to perform it this is how i would do it. he doesnt know how its performed so for all we know it is the method criss used, so he could be exposing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:23 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
wow your original, you know your like the 100th person to correct me on the than or then writing.

But you still haven't learned the lesson. I'd advise learning all you can while you are young. In language and magic. It's much harder when you get old. And people will be more inclined to weigh your opinions if you express yourself coherently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:15 pm 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
its not his effect, he said if I were to perform it this is how I would do it. he doesnt know how its performed so for all we know it is the method criss used, so he could be exposing it.

Yes, I was contradicting the fact that you said "even if it is your effect" it's exposure. That wouldn't be exposure.

Anyway, we don't know how he performed it, it isn't written down anywhere. He should be free to share his idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:30 am 
Emperor Penguin

Actually Randwill, I am almost twenty six. I write most of my replies while at work in a hurry, so I do not have to time to worry about what is written. I am very sorry my writing habits disrupt your way of thinking, and I will try to be better, ok. I'm even thinking about going back to school and starting over, so as not to upset you again.

Now as far as the exposure, I have seen less written on an effect and a Mod stepped in. So if they think it is ok than I guess it is ok, I still do not approve.

Post subject: Re: pulling objects out of a picture?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:03 am 
Penguin

stdrum5 wrote:
There may alrady be a post about this..this is my first time in this forum. if there is, plesae direct me.

but how..in...the ...edited did he pull that stuff in and out of the painting? Beats the edited out of me.

If you search the web you will see that many tricks like drawing a butterfly(Criss A.) and make it come to life and dissappear from the paper,are not actually real!The spectators used are actors.Thats why those tricks are not for sale.Most tricks are done with camera tricks.Someone said about this trick:
-It would have been good trick if he set it up correctly.....he tells her to draw an animal and she draws a butterfly.....Mmmmm....why a butterfly? If she would have drawn a dog, how would he pop that dog out from that napkin? Sorry, I just dont like some of his tricks, he's over doing it and just too obvious.
-Well, you know what I mean...if asked to pick an animal....99% of the people would most likely choose something other than an insect. And just so happens to choose a butterfly!? What if someone draws something bigger? (which of course will never happen and when the TV viewers thinks about it afterwards......then everbody will know that it was all setup)......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:20 pm 
Emperor Penguin

you know there is an effect in one of the art of astonishment books, that has you pull a moth out of wrapped up napkin, im sure you could use this method and with the right mind control over someone, get them to draw a moth. its not that hard to do. just because a trick is not for sale, doesnt mean its not a real trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:26 pm 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
you know there is an effect in one of the art of astonishment books, that has you pull a moth out of wrapped up napkin, im sure you could use this method and with the right mind control over someone, get them to draw a moth. its not that hard to do. just because a trick is not for sale, doesnt mean its not a real trick.

You finally got the book!?!?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:27 am 
born to perform.

LordLanceIII wrote:
magikrn wrote:
by telling people how to do something, that is exposure, whether you are right or wrong in the method, or if it is a method you came up with.

???
If it is a method you came up with, why the heck can't you share it? You would have every right to give it away to the public as long as it's your effect. :?

He didn't say he dohave the right to give it away, he said he is exposing. The key word being EXPOSE. He told how a method was done, he exposed it. He may give permission to expose it, but either way the method was exposed! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:00 am 
Emperor Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
magikrn wrote:

You finally got the book!?!?!?!?

no, I read your review, im getting them soon...... as "soon" as i get some money, lol