View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:50 pm 
Penguin

I love Criss Angel but When they lift up the car When Criss and the kids where talking in a circle saying i can do it and stuff I think they just Changed the car with a very light weight replica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:12 am 
Penguin

to be honest i dont think that those kids in the episode were stooges...at all...do you have any idea how un trustworthy teenagers are with that kind of stuff...considering if some1 blabbed nobody would know who it was :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:55 am 
born to perform.

If they did "blab", then all they have to do is reshoot it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:28 am 
Penguin

Location: Look at the stars, but shoot for the ceiling; it's closer...
HellFish I don't mean to ruin anything for you but That episode was a complete joke!

I live out in vegas and go to the high school that Criss went to to perform the car lifting trick (It was at Del Sol High School just to let everyone know). He falsely advertised that all the tricks where back at his hometown. And just for factual note, the car trick was performed in the staff parking lot at the back of del sol, not the student's parking lot. It says it was the student's parking lot b/c in reality students aren't allowed to park in the staff parking lot, so the car was put there in advance.

And Criss angel didn't perform this trick during school hours if that's what some of you think , it was around 4:30 p.m.

He also does the bike trick near Del Sol High school, at sunset park. Del Sol is actually a high school that is a few blocks away from the penguin magic warehouse.

And it's ridiculous that Criss's brother mentions that the "Word got out" that Criss was going to be at del sol to lift a car, when the administration at del sol happened to mention for a week over the annoucements that Criss angel was coming to lift a car and any students who want to be present had to sign a parent permission slip to be on t.v.

Criss might be impressive on t.v. but trust me he isn't in real life. On t.v. he can edit angels and things about the trick he can't in real life.

Quote:
to be honest I dont think that those kids in the episode were stooges...at all...do you have any idea how un trustworthy teenagers are with that kind of stuff...considering if some1 blabbed nobody would know who it was :\

Actually He "Taught" all of the students how to lift up a car like that. On the annoucements in the morning at school they said that criss angel was coming to del sol and was going to show teach everyone to lift up a car. But if you wanted to attend you had to get a permission slip to be on t.v.

Edit:

Btw: here's a link to del sol's website. Check the picture and then watch when criss is walking out to the kids in the parking lot and check out the school in the background; it's del sol

http://delsol.studio11.com/categories/A ... lcome.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:34 am 
Emperor Penguin

im not seeing what your point is....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:27 pm 
Penguin

My point is that I wish that people would stop worshiping Criss angel for doing some tricks on tv. Criss Angel manipulates his settings and changes facts to help his tricks seem more impressive than they really are.

I really wish people would stop looking up to Angel, I mean he's an good Magician; if you could even call him that, but people exaggerate how "great" he is, when any magician on this board could do the tricks he does using the same camera angels and edits.

I could go out and pay some spectators to watch me do a " completly impromptu trick with people I've never met before in my life" and edit out camera angels and look like the best magician on the planet using the same special effects criss does.

If it was said at the start of the car lifting trick that criss had to show my classmates how to do the trick before they filmed, because in reality just doing the trick exposes how it's done it would greatly loose its "wow" effect to people at home.

I know that blaine uses them camera edits; etc. , but blaine actually uses card manipulations, and things that magicians in real life really use. All angel is is special effects. And it's sad to see magic turning into just all camera angels and paying spectators.

People look up to someone who's just a phony trying to half the recognition that blaine gets. And if someone tried to use the techniques angel did in real life they'd totally expose the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:14 pm 
Emperor Penguin

so what you are saying, is this. Angel has no skill, he only uses cameras to achieve his effects!!.. cough cough magician of the year cough cough 3 times cough cough. what about all those effects he does to spectators, like turning almonds in to bugs, or poker chips to glass, or ring to ice cube, or pulling things out of pictures, or levitating on the escalator, or torn and restored dollar, or.... shall i go on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:53 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks for telling us this, another case of Angel using his money and the camera to make himself look good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

back to your old habits tony?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:56 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah, I gave up, especially since the mod deleted my thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

well you had a good run, its kind of been boring to tell you the truth. i love being the only one besides cameraedit that defends him, i dont know why i defend him, i guess i just like to argue, oh well. ill resume this later im going home now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:17 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
so what you are saying, is this. Angel has no skill, he only uses cameras to achieve his effects!!.. cough cough magician of the year cough cough 3 times cough cough. what about all those effects he does to spectators, like turning almonds in to bugs, or poker chips to glass, or ring to ice cube, or pulling things out of pictures, or levitating on the escalator, or torn and restored dollar, or.... shall I go on.

Yes, go on, please

Look, all I'm saying is that all that is Angel relays too much on camera angels and paying spectators. He might do some real magic like card tricks and stuff like that every now and then but he truely relies on the big stuff, ex. having students " From his home town" lift a car, Or things that require him to pay spectators.

BTW- you pointed out that he levitated on an escalator. For your info, he was exposed to the guy coming down the escalator, and when he was in the bar and did his levitation on the chair, everyone in front of him and on the side were stooges, b/c that levitation is exposed at those angels.

I wish he'd show that he doesn't have to rely on stooges for most of his tricks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:18 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
What magician doesnt change facts around to make his trick more impressive? I dont care if I have to lie a little bit in order to make my trick more amazing. All magicians lie. I think you can call Angel a magician and I think he is a little more than '' good ''. He is one of the most well known magicians who has won magician of the year 3 times. He has a hit tv show and had a succesful stage show. If that isnt a magician, I dont know what is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:45 pm 
born to perform.

sullyman wrote:
What magician doesnt change facts around to make his trick more impressive? I dont care if I have to lie a little bit in order to make my trick more amazing. All magicians lie. I think you can call Angel a magician and I think he is a little more than '' good ''. He is one of the most well known magicians who has won magician of the year 3 times. He has a hit tv show and had a succesful stage show. If that isnt a magician, I dont know what is.

I wouldn't use the camera to make myself look better, I wouldn't show anything on Tv unless it's the way the live spectator sees it, I would pay people to act on Tv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

actually if you watch the excalator, there is a lady on the escalator and she doesnt look at him till he has passed. with the bar scene, whos to say that the people in front werent his stage crew dressed like spectators to make it look better for TELEVISION.