View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:31 am 
Penguin

Location: Look at the stars, but shoot for the ceiling; it's closer...
Quote:
What magician doesnt change facts around to make his trick more impressive? I dont care if I have to lie a little bit in order to make my trick more amazing. All magicians lie.

Yea, Magicians Lie, B/c no magician can really levitate. But CA takes it to a new level, saying that his tricks are performed somewhere they weren't and that he uses spectators he's never met.

Quote:
I think you can call Angel a magician and I think he is a little more than '' good ''. He is one of the most well known magicians who has won magician of the year 3 times. He has a hit tv show and had a succesful stage show. If that isnt a magician, I dont know what is.

Then I guess George Lucas should be up for an award for magician of the year seeming that he uses camera edits and special effects to make Jedi in his movies use the force. Hey, I also heard that Lucas has a guy on there that can shoot lightning out of his fingers!!!! Now that's magic !!!

I don't know about you but to me a magician isn't someone who pays his spectators on almost every trick he does. Blaine uses stooges sometimes but not to the extent that CA does. And I think everyone on the board here can agree w/ that.

Quote:
actually if you watch the excalator, there is a lady on the escalator and she doesnt look at him till he has passed.

Doesn't matter, could have been a stooge. Either She didn't see notice him, or she was paid b/c like I said she was at an exposed angle.

Quote:
with the bar scene, whos to say that the people in front werent his stage crew dressed like spectators to make it look better for TELEVISION.

Yeah, my point. They were planted stooges. How many times does he use stooges in his tricks on tv? It's ridiculous.

You know what, I'm not going to do magic anymore. I'm going to get a bunch of friends together. Then I'm going to approach them and pretend we never met.

Then I'm going to go up to a "completely Random" Car with a car jack under it; And by completely random I mean planted there and picked in advanced, and pretend to lift it. While a couple of my friends jacks the car up on. And I'll have someone film all of this. So when I edit it, it's going to look like I really lifted a car up and my "audience" is shocked.

Maybe I could get Magician of the year too! What do you guys think?

I'll pay everybody to pretend that I'm amazing! Then Maybe I could get a t.v. show!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:52 am 
Emperor Penguin

I think you should do what makes you happy. I stil have yet to see any type of proof of these so called camera edits. he showed the ice cube trick that everyone on here swore was edited, which it was due to time restraints. he showed the full uncut version with no camera cuts. and it was a 5 minute effect. his show is 22 minutes. that would mean if he showed his effects unedited with talking, we are seeing 3 effects per show.
now you tell me why they are edited. I know why, because hes doing effects that YOU don't know how they are done, so the must be edited. watch the ring to ice cube, its not edited, but everyone on here sure seemed to think so after they saw it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:05 am 
Penguin

Quote:
I think you should do what makes you happy. I stil have yet to see any type of proof of these so called camera edits.

No offence but that shows your stupidity. No proof of camera edits? I think you lack common sense. I mean look at it, if you can't tell then you either are dense or just don't want to believe it.

What your saying is like saying Watch david blaine's tv special. The one where he levitates 2 feet in the air. Do you think that's a camera edit? if you do show me some proof.

Quote:
he showed the ice cube trick that everyone on here swore was edited, which it was due to time restraints. he showed the full uncut version with no camera cuts. and it was a 5 minute effect. his show is 22 minutes. that would mean if he showed his effects unedited with talking, we are seeing 3 effects per show.
now you tell me why they are edited

Where did I mention the ice cube trick? Am I missing something?

Quote:
watch the ring to ice cube, its not edited, but everyone on here sure seemed to think so after they saw it.

Again I point to david blaine, Look at him levitating 2 feet. There's no proof that he did a camera edit. But somehow everyone seems to think he did a camera edit. Do you think he really levitated 2 feet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:14 am 
Emperor Penguin

Reluctant wrote:
Quote:
I think you should do what makes you happy. I stil have yet to see any type of proof of these so called camera edits.

No offence but that shows your stupidity. No proof of camera edits? I think you lack common sense. I mean look at it, if you can't tell then you either are dense or just don't want to believe it.

How does this show im stupid, yes he has some edits, building levitation and building walk being 2. but you make it out that all his tricks are edited

What your saying is like saying Watch david blaine's tv special. The one where he levitates 2 feet in the air. Do you think that's a camera edit? if you do show me some proof.

How about the masked magician, he revealed it. also the angles on that levitation were horrible, you could barely see anything.

Quote:
he showed the ice cube trick that everyone on here swore was edited, which it was due to time restraints. he showed the full uncut version with no camera cuts. and it was a 5 minute effect. his show is 22 minutes. that would mean if he showed his effects unedited with talking, we are seeing 3 effects per show.
now you tell me why they are edited

Where did I mention the ice cube trick? Am I missing something?

Im using this as an example of what tricks people swore were edited, which it obviously wasn't.

Quote:
watch the ring to ice cube, its not edited, but everyone on here sure seemed to think so after they saw it.

Again I point to david blaine, Look at him levitating 2 feet. There's no proof that he did a camera edit. But somehow everyone seems to think he did a camera edit. Do you think he really levitated 2 feet?

Again I say masked magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:15 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
How does this show im stupid, yes he has some edits, building levitation and building walk being 2. but you make it out that all his tricks are edited

I never implied all his tricks are edited. Just that the almost every "big" trick he does are. And those are the tricks that has lead him to fame. No one watches his show to see him do 3 card monte, they watch his show to see him walk on water, lift cars, etc, most of which are edited.

I said it showed your stupidity because all you need to do is look at what he does to see shifty camera angles. Just like Blaine's levitation, the angles are too shifty; you can't really see what's going on. Only bits and pieces then you have to rely on what the "spectators" say happened.

Quote:
How about the masked magician, he revealed it. also the angles on that levitation were horrible, you could barely see anything.

Masked magician says so? well, that ain't exactly "proof". I say Criss uses camera edits, why doesn't that qualify as proof?

But we could be arguing like this forever. I think Criss Angel relies too much on camera tricks and stooges to do his more "impressive" tricks, you think otherwise, everyone has their own opinion. This arguement is just going to get this thread locked....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:15 pm 
Emperor Penguin

well im glad we can come to an agreement :D yes your right we both have different opinions, and i respect that, but untill i see some hard proof, I will continue to think the way i think.