View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:25 am 
Penguin

Nerdus wrote:
Quote:
I find my reasons for defending the exposure valid. It was done with the intent to prevent people from being scamed which happens much more then people realize, as one of the Mindfreak members even admitted happened to him.

and now after criss exposed a method to it you think that less people will fall for it?
that's crap

it's the same with the 3 card monte, it doesn't matter if the "victim" knows that the "performer" could be cheating him by doing this and that
they will still fall for it
maybe because someone else already won at the game (of course a partner of the con, but our victim doesn't know that) or maybe because our victim is looking for tip-offs of the method he knows about and can't find any
it doesn't matter if someone knows the method because the people will still try to win an easy dollar if they see a chance of doing so

the only way not to fall for those scams is not to join them
and for this advice you don't have to expose a method on tv

So wont they still fall for a magician doing it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:21 am 
born to perform.

minimidge wrote:
3 shell game: It's good for people to know it's a scam. People will still bet money though.

Lipstick trick ("Voodoo Ash"): Bad Idea

Saltshaker though table: A classic which he should of not revealed.

Cups and balls: Oh my god Penn and Teller are not exposing it. I'm still misdirected and fooled every time.

ok first the lipstick trick, he should never of revealed, but salt shaker thru table? come on everyone knew that before he showed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:31 am 
Penguin

Penn&Teller say that with these type of tricks that you can buy from a dvd or get from talking online or heading to the library, these tricks are EXPOSED far more by Bad Magicians then anything they could do.

Think of the amount of people who can't even do the tricks properly and reveal the effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:16 pm 
born to perform.

which episodes did he expose the 3 shell game, cups and balls and the voodoo ash trick? i have a ton recorded that i havent seen. i've only seen him expose shaker thru table

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
freedoggy77 wrote:
which episodes did he expose the 3 shell game, cups and balls and the voodoo ash trick? I have a ton recorded that I havent seen. I've only seen him expose shaker thru table

He exposed the 3 Shell Game on his last episode to prevent people from being scammed. He never exposed cups and balls. Penn and Teller did their routine they have been doing for years that shows how it is done but still amazes the audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:42 pm 
born to perform.

Hey cameraedit, who do you mean when you say bad magicians, just wondering?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:49 pm 
born to perform.

people that dont pratice and try to do the trick and reveal everything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:55 pm 
Penguin

vstrunk817

It was actually Penn&Teller who said this, I think what they meant was magicians who do the effect so badly that is becomes obvious as to how it was done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:34 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
So wont they still fall for a magician doing it..

no, because they're going to say "uh yea I saw that guy doing it on tv and I know how it works"
they will recognize what happened after the "performance"
for the con-man that doesn't matter because he already has the money, for the magician it's bad because the spectators won't enjoy the magic anymore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

they will enjoy it if you make it enjoyable, i know how the effect is done, yet everytime i see someone perform it properly, i am amazed at how good they can do it. on the worlds greatest magic, this guy did the effect with 1 cup and some grapes. best cups and balls routine i have ever seen, and i knew ho wit was done. he was so entertaining that i forgot that i knew how it was done while he was performing it. its all in the presentation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:49 am 
Emperor Penguin

Get over it guys. It's not a big deal that he exposed how it's done. He exposed a secret to a con game, and it's not the first time it's been done. Many magicians expose magic in large forms. Harry Houdini used to expose magic on a large scale. Many famous magicians today still expose magic, even while on tv. What he did was no big deal. Plus, if you think about it, in no time, people will forget it. FOX had a tv show exposing the secrets of street magic, and I still perform a lot of what they showed on that special. People don't remember.

Anyway, if you are performing magic, people will appreciate your skill. Many people know how the linking rings are done, yet people still love them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 am 
Penguin

a-men brother

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:25 pm 
born to perform.

Haha look at all the rookie angel fans trying to defend a camera-artist for revealing methods on national TV.

He could pull a masked magician and you delusional fanboys would still defend it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:34 pm 
born to perform.

magicfiend8612 wrote:
Haha look at all the rookie angel fans trying to defend a camera-artist for revealing methods on national TV.

He could pull a masked magician and you delusional fanboys would still defend it.

True that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:07 pm 
born to perform.

magicfiend, you're awesome. lol. Completely agree with you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next