View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I don't get what you are trying to say by Rookie Angel fans. It seems like a cheap way to argue a point.

Look at it this way, how many of you do the Balducci levitation, Shinkoh(sp?) arm Twist, Raven, bite out coin, pen through coin, or many other street magic effects? Each one of those were exposed on national television during a Fox special. Yet, you can still do pretty much every single one of those effects, and amaze people.

If you are bashing Criss for exposing magic, then bash all the other magicians who have done so too. Don't single out one person, yet respect others. Plus, what do you guys have against Criss Angel exposing con games?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:55 pm 
born to perform.

We can't bash the magician who exposed the street style effects because we don't know who he is. We all hate him for doing that and bash him in that aspect, but we can't single him out because we don't know who he is. Maybe that made since, maybe it didn't, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:49 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
molest? :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:50 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
I don't get what you are trying to say by Rookie Angel fans. It seems like a cheap way to argue a point.

Look at it this way, how many of you do the Balducci levitation, Shinkoh(sp?) arm Twist, Raven, bite out coin, pen through coin, or many other street magic effects? Each one of those were exposed on national television during a Fox special. Yet, you can still do pretty much every single one of those effects, and amaze people.

If you are bashing Criss for exposing magic, then bash all the other magicians who have done so too. Don't single out one person, yet respect others. Plus, what do you guys have against Criss Angel exposing con games?

Im saying its obvious your rookies when it comes to magic. You can try and make yourself sound as legit as possible but it still shows.

That was exposed years ago. And when it was MANY magicians had their friends coming up to them the next day saying "I KNOW HOW YOU DID THAT" Im sure they had to face humiliation.

.........your a fool if you actually comparing some rookie exposing a trick to his friends to someone whos getting possibly the best ratings A&E has ever gotten; exposing methods and classic tricks. On NATIONAL TV. This isnt some local religion channel.

Con games? Save the bulls***. Look, he exposed a classic method on national TV. One of the most watched shows on television. He can try as hard as he can to make himself out to be an angel (no pun) who means good. But any rational person can see through the BS.

LOOK IM GONNA EXPOSE A CLASSIC METHOD FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. Dont give me that crap. He will do anything to get high ratings to further his career. Whether its starting an episode about how he helped a less fortunate kid or weekly revealing a trick to get viewers to watch.

Imma be honest. I live in the projects. Some people do their hustles ranging from 3 card monte to basketball games. But when it comes to my community I'd rather have people trying to make dough by hustling with a shells game then selling drugs on my darn corner 12:00 at night.

People are warned about this. And their confident enough or stupid enough to go up to one of these hustlers then they deserved to have their money taken. That theory can only go so far. When it coems to things like if they go to iraq then they deserve to die. Thats when it ends.

But people need to learn that hard way. We're not talking about live or death. We're talking about pocket money. Dont act like hes doing the world a favor by revealing this. Because he aint. And you fans know this.

It may not be the most positive-moral job out there but people need to make money when there arent enough jobs. And its a hellava-lot better then then selling drugs on street corners. Who the edited does this pig-headed camera-director think he is.

I dont have a shred of respect for this fool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:56 am 
Emperor Penguin

First, I'm not a rookie to magic. For the last year, I have been dedicating every free minute to making my magic better. And before that, I spent a couple days every week doing nothing more then practicing. I have been in magic for quite some time.

Sure, right now, some people may be able to tell you how the three shell game is done. But very few people will remember in a couple or months, and pretty much none will remember in a year. And for exposure, many magicians do it. Many big name magicians do it. It has little effect on the magic community in the long run. For a simple reason, people do not remember most of what they see. The only way they will remember the method is if they practice it.

I don't agree with Criss exposing how to perform the three shell game, but I can't bash him for doing so. The reason I don't agree with him doing so is because there will be a couple of people who will try this and hustle people, and some will end up getting beaten. But he did it, we can't do anything to stop it. And if names like Penn and Teller, Steve Shaw, Luke Jermay, and Johnny Thompson are alright with it, then why not just leave it alone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:00 am 
Penguin

rookie angel fans?....that has to be the gayest/imature thing iv'e heard....and also...i gaurantee (sorry for my spelling) that if you did yer best trick, and i did my worst trick,...i would still get the better reaction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:38 pm 
born to perform.

Wow metallicarox08, that last statement right there sounded pretty immature and as you called it, Edited. So you're saying that your worst trick would for sure be better than his best trick? Wow, pretty strong, and wrong assumption there buddy, I would rethink that. Magicfiend, I agree with all of what you said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:58 pm 
Penguin

vstrunk817, you cant say SH*T...you havnt seen my skill....or his...so shut yer mouth, play with yer cards,wish that your mother loves you and just stay out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:38 pm 
born to perform.

metallicarox08 wrote:
rookie angel fans?....that has to be the gayest/imature thing iv'e heard....and also...I gaurantee (sorry for my spelling) that if you did yer best trick, and I did my worst trick,...I would still get the better reaction

LOL. When you learn how to spell then you can write to me kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:12 pm 
Penguin

is that seriously the best you got?...you cant think of anything so you dis my spelling?...thats pretty sad dude..but w/e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:35 pm 
born to perform.

Johnny shouldn't have revealed the three shell game, his pickpocketing wasn't that good so he didn't really reveal it. Cameraedit....I raped your mom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:51 pm 
born to perform.

metallicarox08 wrote:
"vstrunk817, you cant say SH*T...you havnt seen my skill....or his...so shut yer mouth, play with yer cards,wish that your mother loves you and just stay out"

Everyone, we now have a tough guy in the forums now. I would hate to offend him, I'm afraid he might talk like he is going to beat me up, I don't want that, lol. You're right, I don't know you're skill, buy you don't know my skill in fighting punks like you, so I would back off for your own good. But none of us can really talk trash because we'll probably never meet, thats too bad really. I will go play with my cards now as you ordered me to, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

alf_gotcat wrote:
Johnny shouldn't have revealed the three shell game, his pickpocketing wasn't that good so he didn't really reveal it. Cameraedit....I raped your mom

ok thats uncalled for, it was funny when tony said it, thats just bad, these forums are going to be locked if you keep that up. and as far as his pickpocketing goes. ive seen a show where the magician did the same thing criss does, he does it for a living, he goes around doing the pickpocket thing with people watching, its a comedy routine. so he didnt really expose anything, it was meant to be fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:03 pm 
Penguin

Bananachek wrote:
Cups and Balls just got effed in the a.

why does everyone think this they did not expose the cups and balls, thats just pen and tellers version of it not exposure they just use clear cups because it adds to the effect.

SO NO HE DID NOT EXPOSE THE CUPS AND BALLS!!!!

chriss is way up their in the magic castle and if he did expose that he would have been ban and hey he is still around even though he is getting heat for the shell game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:30 am 
born to perform.

All I can say is this:
Since Criss exposed the shell game on his show, not exposing it himself but exposing it none the less, I really don't care if anyone, anymore exposes what he does. I hope that someone goes out and tells the world how to do all of his tricks that cost like $100 so that he no longer makes any money.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next