View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: through the armored truck
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:27 am 
Emperor Penguin

ok so before anyone screams camera edit, there was no cut on this effect. it was legir. comments are to be made here when ready to face reality :D

Post subject: Re: through the armored truck
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:32 am 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
ok so before anyone screams camera edit, there was no cut on this effect. it was legir. comments are to be made here when ready to face reality :D

rarely am I the one to say camera trick, but I swore I saw a cut when the guy was pushing on the latex, on second he was pushing and criss was there, a little "flash" of a cut and then criss was gone, I may have to rewatch to be sure. The big tip off of criss using cuts is that when he doesn't use cuts he usually invited half of vegas to watch, notice all the stunts that he's done that we know are legit, notice that they are always hundreds of people, the times that he has 12 people there, seems more like editing, coincidence? maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:45 am 
Emperor Penguin

there was like 40 people there, and no there was no cut. even when the camera man was looking behind the screen, angel told him to move and it didnt cut, it was one shot. i made sure to watch very closely. its similar to copperfields through the great wal trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:51 am 
born to perform.

the cut I'm refering to is not to another camera, it appears as if they filmed criss between the latex and the truck, had him just hop into the back of the truck and just edited to look like one straight shot, it looked as if there was a small flicker or hint that they cut from one moment in time on that camera to another moment on that very same camera, at least that's what it seemed to be happening. (if that makes sense to someone other than myself)

on a more personal note I'm kind of sick of 5 minutes of every show being people just saying, "if I didn't see it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it either" Didn't Criss see the last P&T special? or is he assuming that none of us did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:55 am 
Emperor Penguin

there was no cut. if you say there was a cut there, then your saying there is a cut in copperfields illusion through the great wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:15 am 
Penguin

There is a continuous camera shot from the time you see *someone* walk behind the spandex screen and the time you see Criss Angel in the truck. Understand? This one was so simple I didn't even have to rewind to catch it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:13 am 
Penguin

magicdude84

There was a cut, however Criss appeared again making sure people realized he was still there, also the Microphone sound didn't alter, that has to be taken into consideration, talking inside the truck as opposed to outside is a far different thing and would be noticeable.

Actually I would like to see the effect again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:54 am 
Penguin

CameraEdit wrote:
magicdude84

There was a cut, however Criss appeared again making sure people realized he was still there, also the Microphone sound didn't alter, that has to be taken into consideration, talking inside the truck as opposed to outside is a far different thing and would be noticeable.

Actually I would like to see the effect again...

There are many cuts within the segment of course. The continuous 'magic' shot begins as you hear Angel say, "I'm still here, right? I didn't go anywhere." Take close notice of the person you see who is between the spandex and the truck at that point. Hmmm? This was done so it would appear as if you saw Angel there and then inside the truck in a continuous take. Got it?

As far as the audio goes, that could have been tweaked or even laid in in post. So how it sounds would mean nothing in terms of the working of the illusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

but there was still no cut, why does it always have to be camera edits to you people. he did copperfields illusion into a truck, thats all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:43 pm 
Penguin

yeah seriously there was no cut...lmao next thing people are going to be calling videos of his live show "camera edits just to make it look better on tv, it didnt look anything like that live" hahaha some people just need to get over the fact that some things that are unconcievable arent always because of the camera

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:51 pm 
born to perform.

WOW, I'm surprised he' hasn't been arested yet, in one eppisode, he stole a bunch of stuff from a general store, and he also stole some money out of that truck, and what the f*** is Ice cube's real last name?
oh and I dont really like his stunts as much as his small tricks, like when he jumped on the bike thru the huge explosion that was boring.

anyway, I really like the scam thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:00 pm 
born to perform.

I didn't like this trick, to obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:10 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
but there was still no cut, why does it always have to be camera edits to you people. he did copperfields illusion into a truck, thats all.

Technically no. Copperfield's Great Wall illusion used gimmicked apparatus that allowed, in one continuous take, for the viewer to see Copperfield enter the shadow box on one side and re-appear in the shadow box on the other side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

but its the same principle. and bckid. i am going to go out on a limb here and say he didnt really take the money, it was his own. it was a gag. and with the store. im sure it was setup and all the stuff was bought beforehand or afterward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:35 pm 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
but its the same principle. and bckid. I am going to go out on a limb here and say he didnt really take the money, it was his own. it was a gag. and with the store. im sure it was setup and all the stuff was bought beforehand or afterward.

just to clear things up, you do know I was joking right?
cuz you'd have to be pretty stupid to actually think I actually thought that.