View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I just dont understand the angel haters
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:35 am 
Penguin

Alot, (even most) people on these boards see a trick they dont have the slightest idea how to do, and so they scream camera trick or stooge. Have you ever been to his live show? He does most of the tricks you see on Mindfreak in front of a Live audience. He walked up the side of the stage walls and everything. I swear most of you people are just jealous. And as for stooges, when I preform magic, I always have one person in my audience that I put there, that understands my tricks, and can help me get out of a sticky situation if it is needed. In certain tricks (walk through window) chriss obviously used stooges. My parents, who dont do magic, were blown away. Thats what magic is. Who cares how you fool someone, you were still smart enough to fool them. They dont award magician of the year to just anyone. and chriss was honored with the award.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:41 am 
Emperor Penguin

3 times!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:43 am 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
3 times!!!!!!!!!!

huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:10 am 
Emperor Penguin

he has won magician of the year 3 times. i was just making your point stronger, is all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:41 am 
born to perform.

Yeah, and he just exposed some of the best secrets in magic, yeah right, what a magician. Real magicians understand the art and how long it takes to get good at it. But since Angel doesn't understand the damage he is doing to people who do cups and balls, pick pocketing, and 3 shell game, so he obviously is not a true magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:36 am 
Penguin

he didnt expose them to expose them. he was trying to save people from getting scammed...and before you say, "o noone falls for that stuff" I have seen people scamming money out of people this way. Everytime I see it, I go and expose the trick to try and save peoples money...never to ruin magic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:54 am 
Emperor Penguin

HE didnt expose the cups and balls , penn and teller did there routine that they do all the time. its a bad handling of the cups and balls, made to look good through misdirection. since noone here does the routine with 2 people i can bet, then noone is going to believe you do it the same way they do. its a joke routine to make fun of people who do the cups and balls, thats all it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:46 am 
born to perform.

When people do the 3 shell game for fun, thats all cool because they're not trying to hustle people out of their money. But like I've said in another topic, all Angel had to do is to tell the audience at home that you don't have to go up to the hustlers in the first place. Thats all laymen have to do, avoid the situation in the first place, they don't need to know the secret to avoid getting scammed, they should just avoid those people in the first place. That way, laymen don't know any secrets and they still get to keep their money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:54 am 
born to perform.

i cant wait till a vid goes up on youtube with the cups and balls or 3 shell game then people can watch it over and over:(i still like criss tho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:16 am 
Penguin

Think about that...do a google search...cups and balls, 3 shell game, 3 card monte...they can all be found easily on the internet. If someone wanted to know, they could...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:24 am 
Penguin

Most of the people who hate Angel are frustrated magicians who suddenly realized that the world of magic is more then just card tricks, it frustrates them to see illusions that defy their logic and leave them flabbergasted, in the end wounded and decimated they lash out and bring out the venom.
They spew hatred and when confronted they spew hatred back. They hide behind 'Camera Tricks' 'Stooges' anything that makes their world more comfortable and keeps their own magical heroes still on top.

Its moot though, cause despite their hatred and venom, Criss is signed for another year of Mindfreak, has a ten year deal now at the Luxor and continues on a weekly basis to put out a show that is directed by himself and put to his own original sounds.

In the end they want the Camera to be their friend, they want the stooges there, it keeps magic for them simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:37 am 
Penguin

CameraEdit wrote:
Most of the people who hate Angel are frustrated magicians who suddenly realized that the world of magic is more then just card tricks, it frustrates them to see illusions that defy their logic and leave them flabbergasted, in the end wounded and decimated they lash out and bring out the venom.
They spew hatred and when confronted they spew hatred back. They hide behind 'Camera Tricks' 'Stooges' anything that makes their world more comfortable and keeps their own magical heroes still on top.

Its moot though, cause despite their hatred and venom, Criss is signed for another year of Mindfreak, has a ten year deal now at the Luxor and continues on a weekly basis to put out a show that is directed by himself and put to his own original sounds.

In the end they want the Camera to be their friend, they want the stooges there, it keeps magic for them simple.

Well put...better then how I put it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:31 pm 
born to perform.

CameraEdit wrote:

So you are saying card tricks are always simple and less than grand illusions? Please, I don't even want to talk to someone like you. I have seen many effects on Blaine's special that I dont know how to do, why do I not bash him? Please answer that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:43 pm 
Penguin

i think what he means is when you see a card trick, you know it is just cards...there are many card tricks I just cant figure out, but a card disapearing and a living person disapearing are in a totally diffrent leagues, although both amazing. What will your audience like more? Im almost sure the person disapearing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:27 pm 
born to perform.

A person disappearing will have to happen on stage or at a distance away from the spec, while a card vanish is done close-up and in their faces, of course they're different. Each are in 2 different genre of magic, neither is better than the other. My girlfreind prefers close-up magic and simple illusions over grand ones done on stage. It's personal preference. I am more interested in an ingenious slieght than an ingenious prop used in stage magic, that's just me. What Cameraedit said was that larger illusions are better and superior to card magic, which isn't so. He isn't even a magician, how will he understand what I mean?