View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:57 pm 
Penguin

vstrunk817 wrote:
Thank you oz, yeah, obviously metallicarox08 doesn't know what he is talking about. When you compare lets say, Blaine's classic force, to Angel's classic force, it's obvious Blaine's is so much better, you can't even see the break. I could easily see Angel's break on that move, I had laugh. Yeah, the reason Blaine is better than Angel is because he does true sleight of hand and misdirection. There have been only 2 maybe even 3 camera edits and/or stooges with Blaine, I can't even begin to count how many Angel has used. So, I would definately do my research about Blaine before you say crap.

But he DID use them. I think it was oz that says he has NO respect for people that use camera edits, yet he bashes angel and defends blaine.

And with the classic force, the camera was in a diffrent position. If you were surounded I dont care how good you are, you would still get caught by someone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:27 pm 
born to perform.

I have never said I have no respect for people who use camera tricks. Another common trait of Angel fans, they don't read.

But I did say that I don't respect Angel for overusing camera tricks. Blaine used camera tricks once and stooges 2 times. That one time he did use it was to protect the secret of the Balducci levitation and the reactions were from real specs that watched the real balducci lev. I still don't approve it, but I undersntad it. While Angel on the other hand uses them way, way, way too much. That is why I don't respect him. Along with all my other resons I stated before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:27 pm 
Emperor Penguin

CameraEdit wrote:
oztheozzie

Your wrong, I criticized his desires to keep his age from being public.
I criticized the shows length, the stunts etc. I even criticized his song.

Perhaps Magikrn has been misled by you and others and the Constant Garbage said here about me whenever I defend Angel. For every positive comment I make, there are numerous negative ones.
That surely is an imbalance.

For the most I have defended Angel on threads that were attacking him! So the argument should be why are you guys so obsessed in attacking him!

So I get it... Obsessive attacking here is seen in the positive, and when someone says something positive it is seen as a negative!
What a warped sense of thinking.

actually, if you go look at all my posts, my first post ever, i believe, was against angel for using the camera to do his building to building levitation. i believe that he doesnt use half as many edits to achieve his effects that the people on here believe, but I believe he has used some. Dont try to make me into someone who is influenced by others, i have my opinions and beliefs, and even if they are wrong, i tick to them. thats just the way i am. I do also believe that you defend him way too much, there is a limit to how much people can take, and you use way too many thought out processes to achieve your arguments, that it almost seems like B.S. Now i agree with everyone here, that you are either Criss Angel or his brother, the one who comes on the t.v and says i didnt know he was going to do that. you know, that idiot, hes bad for the show. So again i say, dont use me as an example unless you know the truth about me. oztheozzie is allowed to use me as an example because what he said was true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:37 pm 
Penguin

magikrn

Quote:
I have my opinions and beliefs, and even if they are wrong, I tick to them. thats just the way I am

That says it all....You stick to your beliefs even when your WRONG!
Try and rag on people who keep criticizing him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

im not referring to what i believe about criss angel, i have been wrong on other topics, and why would i rag on other people for having an opinion. i dont rag on people just because they feel that he is a cheat. i try to show them how he isnt as bad as they think. yes he has some flaws on his show, like the cuts right before the magic happens. but like you have said in the past, those are to keep the secret safe, or because the show is too short and it needs to be edited for time constraints, there are only 2 effects he has done that i believe were only accomplished through camera edits, that was the building to building levitation and his walking up the building. other than that I completely think his effects are legit, only the show needs to be longer so they can show the uncut versions. see if you knew anything about what i have posted you wouldnt have said what you said about me. i have never changed my beliefs, and i never will untill PROVEN otherwise. i have not been swayed by the people who believe he is crap. i think he is an excelent magician, and i only wish i had half of his performing skills (I'm talking about his charisma, the abiltity to look like he hasnt just practiced what to say while performing).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:21 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
I have never said I have no respect for people who use camera tricks. Another common trait of Angel fans, they don't read.

But I did say that I don't respect Angel for overusing camera tricks. Blaine used camera tricks once and stooges 2 times. That one time he did use it was to protect the secret of the Balducci levitation and the reactions were from real specs that watched the real balducci lev. I still don't approve it, but I undersntad it. While Angel on the other hand uses them way, way, way too much. That is why I don't respect him. Along with all my other resons I stated before.

It wasnt a matter of not reading, but rather remembering. There was a poster who said this, and I am sorry if it wasnt you. My apolegies. I really dont have a beef with either magician. I belief they are both VERY talented and gifted. Both worked their way up from close to nothing. Sure their are parts of Angel I dont like (the pregnant lady thing :shock: , the pulling someone in half bit, *SOME* of his camera edits [I still dont believe they are all bad]) and there are parts of Blaine I dont like (The frozen in time gag, that horrible attempt at a levitation (the edited one), and some of his acting skills [after the balducci]) And I could go on and on about every single magician in history, but what is the point? The fact is they are ALL great in their own way, they have to be. Magic is a hard art to get into and stay in, and I respect anyone that can make it to the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:37 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
Thye want to see magic, not special effects. Again, this brings me to my favorite quote, well for this forum anyways.

We, as magicians lie, it's our jobs, but he are "honest lyers", but if a magician uses camera tricks to achieve a magic effect, he is a lyer period.

-Tony

Sounds like Angel, Blaine, and Copperfield are all lyers then :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:57 am 
Penguin

CameraEdit wrote:
oztheozzie

Keep in mind Mindfreak 1 on the DVD shows some of the tricks without edits, this due to the fact the show is 22 minutes and for the weekly show there are edits, some of those were cleared up.

I have heard that there was an episode of Mindfreak during the first season which featured some unedited versions of a few tricks like the Ring to Ice Cube. I have the Season One Mindfreak DVD but do not see this episode with the unedited tricks anywhere on it. Disc One contains episodes 1-8 and Disc Two has episodes 9-15 and some bonus features which I have quickly scanned through, but none of which appear to be the the unedited versions of tricks. Can anyone tell me specifically where these unedited tricks are on the Mindfreak Season One DVD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

i dont know about the dvds, but he showed the ring in ice cube on his best of season 1 show a few weeks ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:12 pm 
Penguin

goldbomb444 wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
Thye want to see magic, not special effects. Again, this brings me to my favorite quote, well for this forum anyways.

We, as magicians lie, it's our jobs, but he are "honest lyers", but if a magician uses camera tricks to achieve a magic effect, he is a lyer period.

-Tony

Sounds like Angel, Blaine, and Copperfield are all lyers then :(

Don't know what a "lyer" is, it's not in my dictionary, but if you pronounce it like "liar" then I know what you are talking about. There is an implied understanding between the magician and the audience that we are going to fool them with deception. Strictly speaking I suppose we are lying to them, but they generally understand that these lies are for entertainment purposes and are not malicious.

So yes, by the very nature of the art, magicians are lying in their words and actions. But to say that a person is a liar, apart from the craft, would be unfair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:16 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
I dont know about the dvds, but he showed the ring in ice cube on his best of season 1 show a few weeks ago.

Was it edit-free? No cuts between the two cameras. One continuous shot from one camera from the moment he put the ring under his hand until the ring is removed from the ice cube?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:28 pm 
Emperor Penguin

it was one continuous shot, with one camera. no wierd angles or anything. it was a great trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:37 pm 
Penguin

randwill

yea, meant to say the seaon finale. He shows the ring in the ice cube, the transport trick without the edits....