View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:18 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
goldbomb444 wrote:
Blaine used a camera trick for his levitation...He claimed frozen in time was a stunt, yet the masked magician exposed the truth behind that one. (No I dont like the masked idiot, just using him because he exposed it). Blaine has used stooges in his street performances, as alot of street performers do. Now are you gonna tell me he was really frozen in ice, he really levitated, and he never used stooges?

When did the masked magician prove that hin standing in a block of ice for three days was fake? He was frozen inside, he was surronded by the ice with less than an inch of room. If that stunt was fake, the rest of his stunts must be fake, and I havent seen any proof of them being fake. Of course he didnt actually levitate, people cant physically do that. Everyone here knows that was a trick. But people can stand in a block of ice for three days if they are tough enough, and Blaine is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:20 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie

Your wrong, I criticized his desires to keep his age from being public.
I criticized the shows length, the stunts etc. I even criticized his song.

Perhaps Magikrn has been misled by you and others and the Constant Garbage said here about me whenever I defend Angel. For every positive comment I make, there are numerous negative ones.
That surely is an imbalance.

For the most I have defended Angel on threads that were attacking him! So the argument should be why are you guys so obsessed in attacking him!

So I get it... Obsessive attacking here is seen in the positive, and when someone says something positive it is seen as a negative!
What a warped sense of thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:22 pm 
Penguin

You didnt see the episode of the masked magician where he exposed frozen in time? Im not saying all his stunts are fake, just that one. That would be like saying all of angels tricks are camera edits. I've heard people say that his fish hook helicopter thing was fake, yet on ripleys believe it or not, two people got married hanging on the hooks in the same fashion as angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:54 pm 
born to perform.

what proof do you have of it? Did the masked amgician just give a possible method or what, i dodn't watch it.

And Cameraedit, I'm sure everyone will agree you defend him a bit too much. Even Angel fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:12 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
what proof do you have of it? Did the masked amgician just give a possible method or what, I dodn't watch it.

And Cameraedit, I'm sure everyone will agree you defend him a bit too much. Even Angel fans.

The next night on the news they said Blaine was trying to sue the masked fool for "exposing his secret".

I do agree cameraedit defends Angel abit too much, as to say he NEVER uses camera edits is just wrong. I also think you dont give him the respect he deserves (angel, not cameraedit). He is an inovator. I dont believe Mindfreak is meant to be a streetmagic show, but to baffle home audiences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:25 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie

Quote:
I'm sure everyone will agree you defend him a bit too much. Even Angel fans.

How often have you seen a post where I 'attack' another famous magician?
How often have I made fun of another famous magician?
How often have I criticized the methods of other famous magicians?

I have drawn comparisions of certain magicians to Angel, and found Angels work and Talent more impressive.

I don't care what other 'fans' say, they probably here your bullshs&t and others so much they believe it.

So I get criticized for defending someone 'too much'???
There is no such thing in my view of 'defending something 'too much'.

Why not be critical of those who attack----Too Much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:28 pm 
Penguin

CameraEdit wrote:
oztheozzie

Quote:

I have drawn comparisions of certain magicians to Angel, and found Angels work and Talent more impressive.

I don't care what other 'fans' say, they probably here your bullshs&t and others so much they believe it.

He has a point...he didnt get rich and famous by using camera edits...he got there with talent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:38 am 
born to perform.

I know he has talent. I acknowledged that time and time again. I even defended Angel's image and talent when EhrichWeiss dissed him.

I believe he use too much camera tricks, I believe he uses too much actors, I believe he is full of himself, I disaprove of him exposing magic, I disaprove his attitude toward David Blaine, I disapprove him dancing around on Houdini's grave in a thong, that's why I bash him. At least I have my reasons. I know you have your reasons for defending him too, but you defend him too much. It's the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:42 am 
born to perform.

goldbomb444 wrote:
CameraEdit wrote:
oztheozzie

Quote:

He has a point...he didnt get rich and famous by using camera edits...he got there with talent

He got there by some talent, with the help of camera editing and his actor freinds. I'd like him a lot more if it was talent alone. Or alot of talent, and very very very little camera editing and actors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:54 am 
Penguin

Have you watched his early works, before mindfreak the series? There is WAY less camera tricks and stoogery. Also if you watch the mindfreak season 1 DvD, there are less cuts, and it becomes obvious that parts of his performance that both you and I thought, (or think in your place), didnt use camera tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:03 am 
born to perform.

Still too much for my likeing and I'm not tto fond of his actor freinds either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:18 am 
Penguin

ok then...what makes blaine so much better than angel....angel deticates his life to magic..and blaine only cares about publicity and his Edited stunts...u've seen angel's skill with cards, coins, and other stuff...so y do u always have to dis him for the "camara tricks"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:15 am 
Penguin

I just noticed something. On the mindfreak season 1 dvd, they say there are NO camera tricks. Wouldnt this be false advertisement and you could sue for it if he was :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:03 am 
born to perform.

goldbomb444 wrote:
I just noticed something. On the mindfreak season 1 dvd, they say there are NO camera tricks. Wouldnt this be false advertisement and you could sue for it if he was :?:

Yes, that would be false adverisment.

By the way, Angel's skills with cards are pretty bad to be honest, and I'm sure many will agree. Blaine have been doing magic since he was around the age of 3 or 4, know what you are talking about before you talk. Blaine is an endurance artist as well as a magician, so he does endurance feats, there's nothing wrong with it, dont like em, dont watch em. But when someone use camera tricks and paid actors, its a different story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:32 pm 
born to perform.

Thank you oz, yeah, obviously metallicarox08 doesn't know what he is talking about. When you compare lets say, Blaine's classic force, to Angel's classic force, it's obvious Blaine's is so much better, you can't even see the break. I could easily see Angel's break on that move, I had laugh. Yeah, the reason Blaine is better than Angel is because he does true sleight of hand and misdirection. There have been only 2 maybe even 3 camera edits and/or stooges with Blaine, I can't even begin to count how many Angel has used. So, I would definately do my research about Blaine before you say crap.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next