View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:31 pm 
Penguin

oasis604 wrote:
thats why he talked about how he has to work out a lot etc so he can do the things he does...if he didnt work out and did the building walk yeah he would be bending back but he's strong enough to keep his back straight, make sense? its called muscle...he does like 1000 to 1200 sit ups,crunches stomach excersises a day, im pretty sure he has the strength do be able to keep himself straight like that, just like the people that can hold a pole and stick out horizontal from it, its amazing what muscle can do

That still doesn't explain the necklaces/chains not falling back toward the ground.
Notice in the video, they show him putting one foot up on the wall...they shoot to an interview...they go back to Criss and he's already 6 or so feet off the ground.
It is so obvious that it's camera work that I am completely blown away by the fact that I'm even having this debate with a fellow student of magic! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:49 pm 
Emperor Penguin

explain how you think its a camera trick, like describe whats happening, do you think he is just walking along the ground thats made to look like a building, then the camera turns sideways to make it look like hes actually walking up the building, because if you go to his stage show, you will notice that you are watching it on stage, not on camera, and it is the same effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

On his building walk episode, there is one instance that it is clearly video editing. I have always assumed they meant to make it look like video editing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:19 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
explain how you think its a camera trick, like describe whats happening, do you think he is just walking along the ground thats made to look like a building, then the camera turns sideways to make it look like hes actually walking up the building, because if you go to his stage show, you will notice that you are watching it on stage, not on camera, and it is the same effect.

Have you actually SEEN him do this at his show, or are you just taking his word at face value?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

im taking alot of other peoples word for it that they have seen it. realize that he is probably wearing something that allows him to stay in that position for a while. if you notice that on the big building, he is basically crawling up it.

Post subject: Re: how did angel walk up a building
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:41 am 
Penguin

maxtheman wrote:
that is impossible they obvioulse did not use camera tricks becasue people watched him do it, and there is nothing in the world that he could use to do that and do it perfect

Wake up people!They are actors!Its a camera trick!If it isnt why isnt he selling this trick?He could get soooooo much money for this trick!Ill tell you why.Because its a camera trick done with actors claming to be spectators.And it is done so good that make you beleave it is actually real.The actors seem to just happend to come here and there was this incredible magician and bla bla bla...BS!Its a setup thats why I dont buy any of his performances.He fooled so many people and got rich.I found in other forums that many magicians hate him because of his camera tricks.For me hes not real magician just a fake.If you find him one day walking and ask him to do the walking on the wall trick he wont do it!I hate it when magicians do this saying they are pros.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Your logic is so flawed. Why hasn't David Copperfield sold any of his tricks? He could be even richer then he already is. And if you ask Copperfield to walk through a random wall, he wouldn't be able to do it. It's an illusion.

Criss Angel is extremely rich. He doesn't need to sell the method to an illusions that the majority of people couldn't afford in the first place, none the less perform it.

On his building walk episode, he had one camera edit. It was so obvious, that I highly doubt he was trying to fool anyone. And that was just clips of walking up a wall.

On the other hand, when he walked down the wall, the main stunt of the episode, that was nothing more then an illusion. No paid actors, no camera tricks. Just an illusion, which anyone could do, with the right amount of money.

Just because you may not be able to figure out his illusions, doesn't mean that it's camera tricks and stooges. If that was so, he wouldn't have been named Magician of the Year, or be so high up in the Magic Castle. He also wouldn't have the support of magicians like Lance Burton, Johnny Thompson, Steve "Banachek" Shaw, and Luke Jermay.