View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cups and balls dispute!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:11 pm 
Penguin

I havnt had a topic in this forum but i just started reading it, I dont really like tv magic but I am first sick of all the angel bashers because you dont know him, and you are pretty much jellous of his tallent I use to not like him very much, intill I found out my uncle had been working on his show, I though he used camera tricks, ect but then my uncle told me a bunch about him he has never once used a camera trick on any of his shows they are all done in real time with gimmicks he makes and uses every night in his LIVE VEGAS show so guys stop bashing angel yes i understand he revealed the shell game but dont worry justise is beeing done the magic castle is pissed at him, and he is getting serious heat for it.

but one thing that buggs me is all of the people on here who say penn and teller revealed cups and balls. THEY DID NOT!!!!! thats just there version of the crystal cups and balls. lay people love that trick I have seen them do it live and lay audiences love it no they did not reveal it.

If they were to have revealed it chriss would have been out of the academy of magical arts (magic castle) and he wouldnt take that risk he is to high up their.

theirs some background info on the guy, please meet somone before you judge them so harshly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:55 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
I though he used camera tricks, ect but then my uncle told me a bunch about him he has never once used a camera trick on any of his shows they are all done in real time with gimmicks he makes and uses every night in his LIVE VEGAS show

did he ever float from one roof to another in his vegas show?
do you want to tell me this would be a gimmick "he made"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:59 pm 
Penguin

I know he has done it in one of his shows dont know what the gimmick is and even if i did I couldnt tell anyone thats exposure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:11 am 
Emperor Penguin

I would just like to add, Criss Angel is a very rich person. He has the money and sources to build gimmicks, and have gimmicks built for him, that we just can't have done. With more money, the larger the stunts that can be done. Just look at David Copperfield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:14 am 
Emperor Penguin

this is true, but what could be built to allow you to walk up a building without being noticeable, the only thing i can think of..........is for me to know, and you to think about it more :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:14 am 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
I would just like to add, Criss Angel is a very rich person. He has the money and sources to build gimmicks, and have gimmicks built for him, that we just can't have done. With more money, the larger the stunts that can be done. Just look at David Copperfield.

exactly right he does have the money and he does invent a ton of his own tricks. just because its not marketed dosnt mean its not real. plenty of illusions out to day made by private companys can only legally be preformed by copperfeild because he buys the rights to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:16 am 
Penguin

Quote:
I know he has done it in one of his shows

when I'm right the building to building float aired end of may this year? (I'm not sure because it doesn't get aired here anyway)
that would mean this show you "know he has done it" on was during the last three months, since criss "guarantees that noone has seen something like this before" when he introduces the building to building float
I'm curious why noone else knows about the show where he did that and why noone else saw it or heard about it
(I searched google for any information about his live show where he did this effect but I wasn't able to find anything about it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:20 am 
Penguin

in his show since it came out he has done a walk not building to building but box to box on stage and my bet is that he uses the same gimmick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:25 am 
Penguin

but that's a totally different environment...
the one time we have two buildings, two stories high and nothing above them but sky and spectators from below and the sides
the other time we have two boxes, surrounded by walls (I guess it was indoor) and spectators from the front

how can you compare these two settings and bet it uses the same method? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:31 am 
Penguin

my opinion I said I dont know If his street version is not a camera trick and you dont know that it is so basically my point is their is no reason to bash somthing not saying you nerdous are but basically for anyone who dosnt know him personally to bash him or assume he is using camera tricks. If his show was a bunch of stooges, and camera tricks do you think he would get magician of the year at the magic castle? If you dont know much about the castle thats a huge honor their.

but any way basically it buggs me when people bash somone they dont know. its like if you were on tv and you did say cups and balls and somone diddnt understand it so suddenly you were using camera tricks and stooges to preform it how would you like that?

anyway this isnt an attack on you nerdus just basically people who bash angel all the time and dont have the facts strait.