View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Oztheozzie- I went and searched for your quote about Criss bashing David. Yes, it may look like bashing if you take it out of context, which you did a lovely job of. http://www.dailynews.com/entertainment/ci_3869726 This gives the whole story. If you read it, it says that Criss Angel respects David Blaine. He also says he appreciated that David Blaine came and supported him during one of his stunts. Criss isn't bashing David. The two of them have mutual respect for each other.

Last edited by fallingblood on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:12 am 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
The building float can be done with out camera tricks. There is no need for him to use camera tricks as he can do them without.

Also, as someone has mentioned, they film a lot of stuff and then put it in different episodes. It's not surprising that the same people end up in more then one clip. That's how they do filming. So it's not a big surprise. You are making it something that it's not. And there is no reason to hire paid actors, if you knew the methods, you would see this.

Also, his tv show is not a show for magicians. That's not who he is trying to attract, so he doesn't do just magic. He finds the clips that he and the producers think will get the best respones. Then that is what goes into the show.

Finally, your link does not show Criss dacing in a thong on on Houdini's grave. Yes, it shows Criss at Houdini's grave, paying homage, which is the title of the pictures. He does where a thong in different pictures, but that's paying homage to a very famous picture of Houdini.

Just to mention though, the hypnotism episode wasn't full of paid actors. He has both Banachek and Luke Jermay on his team. So it's not a surprise that with all of that help, he would have been able to find a method. And if you knew anything about hypnotism, you would know that it's possible.

Yeah, and you know exactly how he does everything. I already gave 2 definit proof that he used actors, yet you ignore them. Do you pay respect to your deceased ancestors the way he does? Yes, hypnotism is possible, but definietly not the way he did it. It's you that dont know what you're talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:15 am 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Oztheozzie- I went and searched for your quote about Criss bashing David. Yes, it may look like bashing if you take it out of context, which you did a lovely job of. [url]http://www.dailynews.com/entertainment/ci_3869726[/ur] This gives the whole story. If you read it, it says that Criss Angel respects David Blaine. He also says he appreciated that David Blaine came and supported him during one of his stunts. Criss isn't bashing David. The two of them have mutual respect for each other.[/url]

I dont think your link had the quote that I saw "He never did a live show in his life", or maybe I just missed it. Anyways, if someone said that to me, him admiring me and respecting me would be the last thing that will come to my mind. Also, of course he's gonna say he respects Blaine and all, just to sound good, yet he throws in the line "he never did a live show in his life", he's trying to insult him, but at the same time, sound like he respects him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:42 am 
Emperor Penguin

He wasn't disrespecting Blaine. Read the article and you will find your quote, and it will be put into context. The quote ended explaining that live shows weren't Blaine's thing, and that that's cool. There was no disrespect. You are just making something out of nothing.

You have not proven that he used hired actors. You say that some of the spectators are in more then one clip. Big deal. It's nothing surprising. If you think about it, it's very likely. If I was in Las Vegas at the time of his filming, I would most likely take every chance that I could see him. It's not a surprise that some people were in more then one clip. Plus that has already been explained before. And I'm not going to waste my time looking through another thread bashing Criss and that brings up ridiculous claims.

I have studied hypnotism for a lot longer then I have been in magic. From an early age. I've always been interested in how the mind works, and have studied it. Hypnotism in the way that Criss presents it will work quite successfully. It also helps that he has Steve Shaw (the man who fooled scientists) and Luke Jermay (consultant to Derren Brown) as consultants.

I never said I know how he does everything. But I have figured out ways in which he could do them. The building float isn't that impossible. David Copperfield levitated over the Grand Canyon. It's not the first time a stunt like this has done by a very rich man. With his money, stuff we would never be able to do are possible. His effects are not that impossible if you think about them, and the don't require camera tricks or paid actors and audiences. You've proved nothing except that you don't like Criss, and that bias gets in the way of appreciating anything that he does.

Criss Angel meant those pictures in respect of one of his hero's. You simply don't like them because you don't like Criss. Once again it's a bias opinion. You're entitled it, but you won't convince anyone that doesn't have a bias opinion that he meant disrespect to Houdini. That would be suicide as a magician. Plus, Houdini is one of Criss Angel's heros.

And finally back to the hypnotism. Many people don't understand hypnotism. Many myths have come up throughout time, and now many people believe those. With more understanding, what Criss did will prove to be nothing that special in the forms of hypnotism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:47 am 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
That's because, "I don't really think of David as competition. What David does is his thing and that's what he likes to do, so more power to him. Also, I'm not a creation of television. I actually have a live show. I perform 600 performances on Broadway. Matter of fact, I'll be opening up a live show in Las Vegas in the next 10 years. Not to put anything down on David, but he never did a live show in his life — that's not his gig and that's not what he purports to do."
This is explaining why there is no rivalry between the two, since they do different things. When Criss is talking about live shows, he's talking about a stage show, which Blaine has never done. Blaine never claims to have done a live show either. Blaine has been a close-up performer. If you actually read what Criss said, you would see there was no disrespect. As the article says, Criss respects Blaine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:26 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
Angel asked the girl what her name was and she didn't say anything, and Angel was like, "Emily? ok step right up", guess they met before.

Is that proof enough?

Hypnotism is possible definietly, but not the way he did it.

When people say live shows, it doesn't have to mean live stage show. It just means live show :roll: If someone said that to me, I'd be pissed. Also, Angel challenged Blaine to a so called magic battle, I guess he does think of him as competition.

Do you do those poses when you pay respects to your loved ones? I certainly hope not. Those picures were disgusting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:39 pm 
born to perform.

Also, many, many Angel fans admitted that those pics of him on Houdini's grave were disrespectful. Even Angel fans, you are are just in love with Angel or somethin and agree with everything he does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:34 pm 
Emperor Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
Quote:
Angel asked the girl what her name was and she didn't say anything, and Angel was like, "Emily? ok step right up", guess they met before.

Is that proof enough?

Hypnotism is possible definietly, but not the way he did it.

When people say live shows, it doesn't have to mean live stage show. It just means live show :roll: If someone said that to me, I'd be pissed. Also, Angel challenged Blaine to a so called magic battle, I guess he does think of him as competition.

Do you do those poses when you pay respects to your loved ones? I certainly hope not. Those picures were disgusting.

I would like to see the Emily quote in context. And it is possible that he got the name before, meaning off camera. Not everything is shown on tv.

The way he did hypnotism is very possible. If you researched it, you would find that out.

I don't care what people mean when they say stage show or if you would be pissed. If you take what Criss said in context you will see that he meant a live stage show. You have to take stuff in context.

Just because Criss challenged David to a magic battle (which I would like to see proof of) doesn't mean there is competition between the two now. They are doing two seperate things.

Quote:
Also, many, many Angel fans admitted that those pics of him on Houdini's grave were disrespectful. Even Angel fans, you are are just in love with Angel or somethin and agree with everything he does.
First, I'm not in love with Angel. He is a great magician, but by far not my favorite. And those pics, I only seen one that was what I would say was disrespectful. But it's all just opinions. Criss didn't mean them to be disrespectful. He meant them as an homage. Granted, he may have made a mistake, but everyone does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:46 pm 
born to perform.

sure if you want to continue to worship him, go ahead, I'll let you.

By the way, you forgot about the time he had people watvhing his lev from the bad angles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Okay, people watching the levitation from the bad angles just weren't jackasses. It's as simple as that. He probably talked to them afterwards and asked them to stay quite. And if you look at their reactions, they weren't that surprised.

And I in no way worship Criss. If you read what I said before, I said he wasn't my favorite magician. There are many other magicians that I like much more then him. For example, Lance Burton, and Jeff McBride. I'm just sick of people bashing Criss. He is a great magician, which shows since he's gotten Magician of the Year, and if I'm not mistaken, is getting it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:42 pm 
Penguin

well you have to realize, criss angel isnt doing this to impress magicians, he does it to impress lay people. lay people dont know what the edited criss is doing, they just want to believe. although he could do a better job covering up stooges and not making camera tricks so obvious. thats why i rather david blaine because he still impresses me and any one. i still dont know how he does a lot of his stuff. he never stops interesting me. where as criss angel, he flashes a lot.....his stooges are obvious not to just to magicians but to any one......camera tricks are obvious....about 75 percent of his episodes are all talk interview and useless stuff.

As far as saying that he doesnt do camera tricks,stooges, thats just dumb. and jumping david blaines stuff for doing one camera trick for the lev, thats also dumb.

and i lost respect for criss angel after i saw those pictures at houdinis grave. some type of homage.

oztheozzie- what u said about smoking weed and stuff was hilariouse but true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Get over the paid actors, stooges, and camera tricks. There is no need for them. First, Steve Shaw created many effects for this season. Plus he has other consultants, like Johnny Thompson, who is a wonderful magician. Then there is Luke Jermay.

Many of the effects that Criss does, any magician can do. He does some large scale stunts, that if you had the money, you could also do them. It's not like he's really doing anything new anyway. Many other great magicians have done the same things (David Copperfield just to name one).

I'm getting very sick of people bashing Criss and yet holding Blaine in such high esteem. Yes, he is a very skilled magicain. But he does very little magic in his shows anymore. Most of the show is nothing more then interviews and a documentary of his latest stunt. All of his magic effects can usually be bought off of different sites.

I mean no disrespect to Blaine, but some of the things people are saying are extremely ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:13 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Okay, people watching the levitation from the bad angles just weren't jackasses. It's as simple as that. He probably talked to them afterwards and asked them to stay quite. And if you look at their reactions, they weren't that surprised.

And I in no way worship Criss. If you read what I said before, I said he wasn't my favorite magician. There are many other magicians that I like much more then him. For example, Lance Burton, and Jeff McBride. I'm just sick of people bashing Criss. He is a great magician, which shows since he's gotten Magician of the Year, and if I'm not mistaken, is getting it again.

Ummm, actually they looked amazed, and when's the last time someone see what's going on and dont say anything about it, let alone look amazed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 pm 
born to perform.

brennensonnier1992 wrote:
well you have to realize, criss angel isnt doing this to impress magicians, he does it to impress lay people. lay people dont know what the edited criss is doing, they just want to believe. although he could do a better job covering up stooges and not making camera tricks so obvious. thats why I rather david blaine because he still impresses me and any one. I still dont know how he does a lot of his stuff. he never stops interesting me. where as criss angel, he flashes a lot.....his stooges are obvious not to just to magicians but to any one......camera tricks are obvious....about 75 percent of his episodes are all talk interview and useless stuff.

As far as saying that he doesnt do camera tricks,stooges, thats just dumb. and jumping david blaines stuff for doing one camera trick for the lev, thats also dumb.

and I lost respect for criss angel after I saw those pictures at houdinis grave. some type of homage.

oztheozzie- what u said about smoking weed and stuff was hilariouse but true.

about time someone had some sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The people were being filmed. If they called out and exposed what Criss was doing, they would look like nothing more then jackasses. Camera's have a great effect on people. Also, the people who would have had a good look of his levitation weren't that amazed. Sure they clapped, but not much else.

Everything that is being said about Criss can be said about Blaine. There are many people who hate Blaine just as much as you hate Criss. I have seen many magicians who claim that Blaine only does camera effects, that many of his stunts are done through camera effects (for example, both his Frozen in Time and Drowned Alive stunts have been passed off by many magicians as nothing more then camera effects). Just let it go already. Criss is a great magician if you like it or not. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have ever gotten the Magician of the Year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next