View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I dont hate magicians, I just question their motives
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:37 am 
Penguin

its interesting to read these posts. I do understand that it can be extremely irritating that some Angel watchers can whole heartedly believe that he is the real deal bad [edited] magician that can just do anything imaginable. But i still believe that the true crime is who Criss portrays himself to be on television. After all that’s initially what sparked the argument to begin with, amongst magicians atleast. I mean if you think about it, to use bs1992 example,

"say you start going around saying that the president of the usa is steve irwin. you go on the internet and make websites and flyers saying steve irwin is president. People are gonna think your stupid."

I agree, but what if Steve Irwin himself was claming to be the president, wouldn’t he be equally to blame for the debacle, after all he started his presidential campaign right?

Personally I’m more offended at what I believe Criss, Blaine and yes even David Copperfield are pulling off on TV these days. These artists are talented enough to begin with, why tarnish your art with unnecessary help from a video camera. You guys don’t need it. I will admit though, I put myself in Criss’s boots and thought how could I reasonably justify why I use camera trickery. The answer I came up with is this,
I see the entire show as a 45 minute long magic trick and my TV audience as my spectators. Therefore I can rationalize using 26 stooges and wires to levitate (which I use on stage anyway) to fool my TV viewers who are my target audience anyhow. Therefore everyone wins in the end, I get to do amazing magic and someone still gets to be fooled or entertained, however you wanna look at it. The problem with this is that its my explanation, and he’s running around saying “YEAH THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT” for something any non magician could of done with a camera and a reasonable budget . So to sum up

Talented Magician - Yes
Entertaining Show- Yes
Making Bad Choices - Yes
Stubborn Fans- It happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:03 pm 
Penguin

i heard this from somewhere else, but he is becoming more of a celebrity than a magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:38 pm 
Penguin

I know a magician, I can't say who, that worked with angel. He does do some legitimate effects, but alot of them ARE camera tricks/stooges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:29 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
magikrn wrote:
umm, he wasn't in a thong at his grave, he was dressed like houdini dressed in the pictures at the jail. Get the facts straight, how do you sunbath in a jail cell?

Shut up Eric, just when an ex-fan of Angel's disses him, you have to ruin it! JK :wink:

But it was still disgusting, thong or not. Take a look at em again, they're totally disresepctful.

Lol. I wouldn't say I am a fan, or I am not a fan. I do not really care for him. Could def live without him on TV.