View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

We are not talking about now, we are talking about when Blaine was first learning from Tarquin. Tarquin had no idea if Blaine was good or not, and didn't want to risk having his name dragged through the dirt (as it could have had serious impact on his career). Also, he didn't like someone using his name for their advantage. If a magician wants to make something out of himself, he should use his name, not someone's elses name.

Your second statement is also invalid because we're talking about then. And Tarquin wouldn't recieve and benefit anyway, as he is a photographer now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I can't find a picture of Tarquo the Great. But any picture of Tarquo the great (either from his book or from his videos) is nothing more then Blaine in dress up. And the reason he would do that is because Tarquin refused to appear on the special. So Blaine decided to create Tarquo the Great, and acted like Tarquin (or more pretended to be Tarquin). Tarquin didn't want to appear because it's just not his thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:48 pm 
Penguin

this Tarquin guy was mad at David Blaine - a world known great magician by the way - for giving him credit for a lot of the effects he used, and how he learned them on his - NATIONAL TELEVISION SPECIAL - and he's complaining...hmmmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:03 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That's not why he is mad. If you read my posts, I explained it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

If you didnt know that was david in makeup your pretty sad, in vertigo? i think it was when he did it, he said he likes to dress up to put on a show. it was a gag bit for the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:19 am 
Emperor Penguin

I was sure most people knew that too, but I don't think David Blaine can keep it straight. Because according to him, Tarquo the Great has died twice. Also, Tarquo the Great doesn't exist (he is someone Blaine created in the image of Tarquin) yet Tarquo the Great is suppose to be one of the best Close-up magicians. Which doesn't make sense if Tarquo the Great isn't a real person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:24 am 
Penguin

i did read them, and i understand the part about having him in after saying no...but i dont understand why he doesnt want to be in the credits....that makes no sense at all....its acually kind of rude too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

It was actually rude for Blaine to put Tarquins name in the credits. Tarquin had nothing to do with the show, he wasn't a magic consultant. So it was more like Blaine trying to use Tarquin's name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:15 am 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
Tarquin has a lot of skill in magic. The reason he didn't want Blaine to give him any credit is because he didn't want to have his name ruined. He also didn't want people to benefit from his name. It would be like me saying that I learned everything I knew from Jeff McBride. The only reason I would say something like that is to feed off his reputation. And it's really not fair. Plus, if I prove to be a crappy magician, it could make Jeff McBride look bad also.

I reckon fallingblood is tarquin, simply bigging himself up, i spoke ot him loadsa times before, hes a sad old man, who thinks he was the best! He really aint, his card handling skills are appauling, so i can only imagine what his other magic is like. i have videos of him if anyone wants them, they make me laugh, i cant see how someone of his standard could possibly turn pro!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:12 am 

Wait, didn't Tarquin also complain when his name was removed from the credits? Tarquin had no need to be in the credits to begin with and I guarantee that no one knew that he was taken out except Tarquin himself. More recently, Tarquin has opened exposure sites all around the web. He's a failure. He can't leech off Blaine's success, so he's going the opposite route.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:55 pm 
Penguin

I will be on Court TV Monday between 5 and 6 and may mention that I was some influence to David Blaine early in his career

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:16 pm 

You do that then. It'll prove my point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:40 pm 
Penguin

How do you figure telling the truth is proving your point? I do not perform magic anymore. I retired from entertainment. Mentioning his name would only be for matter of fact discussion not for fame. I quit showbusiness so there is nothing to gain. So it doesn't prove your point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

what will proving you were an influence on David Blaine do to prove any point. He tried to give you credit and you didnt want him to, then complained when he took your name off the credits. Why not just accept that he is a success and you were a fool to not allow him to credit you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:39 pm 

You're going to court and you feel the need to mention that you were a mentor to him. What does that have to do with your court case? Unless the case is Blaine saying you don't know him, it seems like you'd be using his name to make you look more important than you really are.