View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cons of each
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Negatives about Angel:
Made a bad decision of one of his homages.
Relies on large amounts of money to create huge reactions
Seems to like to flaunt that he knows celebrities
Portrays a lot of his stuff as original, when it's not
Portrays a lot of his stuff as if it's done by real magic
Many of his products are overpriced ($10 for a pack of his cards)
Has led to exposure (his leviation)
Exposed the three shell game (which has both positive and negative effects)
His show is starting to become lame
Has spawned a whole bunch of Angel want to bes
(I'm not including camera tricks or paid actors because I have seen no reliable proof)

Negatives about Blaine:
Doesn't do any original tricks (he only does effects created by others)
The whole Tarquin Churchwell/David Blaine thing (check my thread relating to it)
Personally I hate his presentation (to me, he comes off as an idiot, or that he's in a continuos daze, as if he has no idea what's happening)
Has spawned many Blaine wannabes.
Doesn't include much magic in his shows
Protrays himself as superhuman (just my opinion)
Got paid four million dollars for a failure.
Also seems to like to flaunt who he knows

The point of this thread is simply to show that both magicians have their drawbacks. Neither one is perfect, nor are they as bad as the opposing sides would make you want to believe. They have faults, like all other magicians. Now can we stop debating who is better? And why they suck or rock?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:50 pm 
born to perform.

They both have faults, true.

By the way, you missed a couple negatives for Angel, actually, quite a bit of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Wrong. This is something you can't argue, because it's my opinion. Good try though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
oztheozzie wrote:
They both have faults, true.

By the way, you missed a couple negatives for Angel, actually, quite a bit of them.

What are the rests of his cons. I think he coverd both of theirs very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:31 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Wrong. This is something you can't argue, because it's my opinion. Good try though.

Why would you think we cared about your opinions. And if you don't expect us to argue them then why did you post them.

BTW, you seem to have self esteem issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:38 pm 
Penguin

i dont see anything wrong with Angel pretending its real magic...it gets better reactions when he pretends the stuff is acually happening...dont forget this show is made for entertainment, its better than.."k now im going to levitate" *goes up* "look im levitating"...even Blaine does that with the Balducci..pretends he needs to go to the hospital etc ahahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

DarkHero- You had read the last paragraph of my original post, you would have realized the whole reason for this thread. As you apparently haven't, scroll back up and read it, then contemplate it's meaning, and don't be a jackass. And I don't have a self-esteem problem. I'm just in the mood to argue a stupid point. I have done it enough, and it doesn't go anywhere.

Also, if you don't like my opinions, shut your eyes, and don't look at them. It's quite easy. And if my opinions are so useless, why do you think yours are so important?

I don't want an arguement. I put together a simple post. If you decided not to take the point of the post, that's your problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

oasis604 wrote:
I dont see anything wrong with Angel pretending its real magic...it gets better reactions when he pretends the stuff is acually happening...dont forget this show is made for entertainment, its better than.."k now im going to levitate" *goes up* "look im levitating"...even Blaine does that with the Balducci..pretends he needs to go to the hospital etc ahahaha

I get what you are saying. My only problem with it is that I don't want to see him become another Uri Geller. I like how he presents a lot of his stuff, but when people forget that he does illusions, and believes that he posses some special ability, as if he was a god, that's what I find wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:14 pm 
born to perform.

I have no problem with people pretending it's real magic either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:28 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
fallingblood wrote:
oasis604 wrote:
I dont see anything wrong with Angel pretending its real magic...it gets better reactions when he pretends the stuff is acually happening...dont forget this show is made for entertainment, its better than.."k now im going to levitate" *goes up* "look im levitating"...even Blaine does that with the Balducci..pretends he needs to go to the hospital etc ahahaha

I get what you are saying. My only problem with it is that I don't want to see him become another Uri Geller. I like how he presents a lot of his stuff, but when people forget that he does illusions, and believes that he posses some special ability, as if he was a god, that's what I find wrong.

Criss Angel constintly tells peopple that what he does is Not real magic.Before all of his shows the message in the beginning sais that everything is stunts and ILLUSSIONS.Also,if you have ever heard a Criss Angel interview you would see that he always sais that it is NOT real magic and that anyone who claims to be able to do Real magic are basically liars and that they are talking Bull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That's true, but I do remember that in one of his specials he talked about having to discern illusion from reality. It was something along those lines. I haven't seen that on any of his recent stuff though. I just really don't want to see Criss turn out to be another Uri Geller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:23 pm 
born to perform.

First off don't call me a jackass.

And second I'm sure you're not perfect and no one here thinks they are perfect. You are pointing out the obvious. Instead of pointing out others drawbacks you should work on your own drawbacks.

Also you said you were in the mood to argue, but you don't anyone to argue with you. He tried to make a point and you shot him down. You are the jackass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

DarkHero916 wrote:
First off don't call me a jackass.

And second I'm sure you're not perfect and no one here thinks they are perfect. You are pointing out the obvious. Instead of pointing out others drawbacks you should work on your own drawbacks.

Also you said you were in the mood to argue, but you don't anyone to argue with you. He tried to make a point and you shot him down. You are the jackass.

You came in here to do nothing more then start an arguement. I don't want an arguement. The one line you read was a typo on my part, but if you read everything else I said, you would clearly see that it was a typo. As I have repeatedly said I don't want to argue. My first post even said that we shoudln't debate this anymore. I was stating a simple point, and you came in hear and first insulted me, and then tried to start an arguement.

So just leave it alone. I made my point, and that was it. I'm just sick of people debating on who sucks/rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:46 pm 
born to perform.

You know these kind of topics will start an argument so don't post these topics anymore.

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah, I won't make the mistake of doing so again.