View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: criss angel and david blaine
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:17 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 350
Fans of Criss Angel have compared him to similar street magician David Blaine, to the point of assuming there is a rivalry going on between them. However, Criss has indicated that he doesn't see any such rivalry existing between them, noting that Blaine had come to visit him and offer his support during his 2002 Oasis stunt. Criss also sympathized with Blaine regarding his failure to successfully complete his own similarly-themed 2006 stunt, Drowned Alive.[2] However, he did state in an interview on Penn Jillette's radio talk show that, if David Blaine was able to perform an illusion that he wasn't able to trump or duplicate, he would retire on the spot. So far, however, Blaine and his associates haven't taken him up on his challenge.Criss Angel Mindfreak is a show distributed by A&E Network. It debuted in 2005, and centers on unusual stunts and street magic acts by illusionist Criss Angel. Contrary to publically insisting that his magic feats are possible as a result of meditation, some allege that Angel uses camera special effects, forced viewing angles and assistants acting as amazed spectators for the tv audience. Some of Criss Angel's Levitation tricks have been explained by Criss himself . Criss Angel himself claims he does not use camera trickery. Also, his family makes occasional appearances on the show, alternately expressing their disapproval and fear that he will injure himself. Aside from the stunts and illusions, Criss also talks to the camera about his past and childhood, which involve his first magic stunts, along with giving (naturally limited) inside information


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 6622
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Just so you know, this is just going to end up with people bashing Criss. This site has some dedicated Criss Angel haters.

I liked the post though. It says what it needs to say.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:47 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 350
i just wanted to post the truth even thoe there are criss angels haters aready


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:17 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 232
Criss Angel is amazing, I saw him more than once, spoke to people who ended up on the show.

He is simply amazing.....

But the show is becoming bland and boring. A&E needs to give him more then just a half-hour, a real director needs to direct the show (Not Criss Angel).

I also don't think he has used camera tricks as much as people have accused him of, I also don't think there have been stooges as much as people think, but remember this is a TEVELVISION show that is on every week. Time is the factor, I always say this, Time is the issue.

Criss needs to step back and re-evalute the show, Mentalism is boring on T.V, he is repeating some of the same Tricks while claiming he isn't running out of material.

He needs to keep his shows a mystery, keep people guessing, not knowing what is coming. The show should be ONE HOUR, it should be directed better etc.

There have been moments this year where awesome glimpses have shown.

But the Mindfreak series in the last month has been boring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 16 Nov 2002
Posts: 122
Just to let you know you be seeing oztheozzie around in this post, get rdy for some major bash.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
CameraEdit wrote:
But the show is becoming bland and boring. A&E needs to give him more then just a half-hour, a real director needs to direct the show (Not Criss Angel).



That is the problem with Criss, he thinks he is everything when in fact he is not much of anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:45 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
amazing_albert wrote:
Just to let you know you be seeing oztheozzie around in this post, get rdy for some major bash.


Nah, I'm gonna save my breath, or actually, my typing. These people will never accept anything bad about Angel, so I feel stupid to even bohter trying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:45 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 23 Feb 2006
Posts: 350
amazing_albert wrote:
Just to let you know you be seeing oztheozzie around in this post, get rdy for some major bash.



yea i know hes a big david blaine fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:00 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 5856
Location: www.anythingmagic.net
sirbrad wrote:
CameraEdit wrote:
But the show is becoming bland and boring. A&E needs to give him more then just a half-hour, a real director needs to direct the show (Not Criss Angel).



That is the problem with Criss, he thinks he is everything when in fact he is not much of anything.



The same could be said about you..............


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:34 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
magikrn wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
CameraEdit wrote:
But the show is becoming bland and boring. A&E needs to give him more then just a half-hour, a real director needs to direct the show (Not Criss Angel).



That is the problem with Criss, he thinks he is everything when in fact he is not much of anything.



The same could be said about you..............


Agreed. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:24 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Sep 2003
Posts: 11155
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
Well I am glad I could bring two 13-year old fanboys together, even if they are on opposite ends of the stick. Well maybe you both are not that age, but I am going by your spelling. It is not a question about what I am, but what I am not; and I am not a "magic fraud" who tries to utilize and steal the knowledge of others to make themselves seem smarter. You know, like Crissy. That is why I am surprised ozzie does not idolize him instead.

By the way where did that "oztheozzie" name come from? Wouldn't be because you idolized Oz here at penguin would it? :lol: I suppose that will be tough to admit after about spending 3 weeks with your bite-out coin, as you are now superior to all. I find it a bit ironic however that ozzie gets on the Angel worshipers, (another term he frequently uses/steals that I came up with) yet he himself is a Blaine junkie. Perhaps even worse than the Angel fans here.

But as someone else has already stated, his posts are pretty much butchered up beyond comprehension and are very repetitive and just plain monotonous overall. I bet he was crushed when his "Endurance stunt" thread was deleted, and he lost his 21 daily, idiotic posts. A good dose of honestly is tough to swallow eh Oz? Go back to Mysterious Stranger, you still have a lot to learn.

But you are too busy arguing 24/7 in this forum EVERY day with the other two idiots who live here. But if you really want to talk about nobodies, you two (magikrn) should get together for some Kool-aid one day. I just hope you don't talk as bad as you type. I can hear the painful babble already.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:01 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 5856
Location: www.anythingmagic.net
OK, first off I am 26. Second off, what was wrong with my spelling?
Third, do you even read the other posts on here or do you go straight to the negative comments and feed off them like a leach.

I would like to know when you came up with the term Angel worshippers? If I am not mistaken, Criss Angel is older than you. So you did not come up with his name. The term worshippers, or to worship has been around for many thousands of years, so you did not come up with that. You may have put them together but in no way does that mean you came up with it.
We have also shown proof in another thread that you did not come up with finding cameraedits posts.

You seem to be the only one in here who cares about post count, this is the second time now I have seen you use that in an argument. Do not be butt hurt that we said something bad about you, because you say nothing but bad things about everybody. I say, take it as it comes.

Are you married??? I feel sorry for your wife(or husband) if you are. You are a negative person with lots of pent up frustration, probably because a lack of something somewhere(made nice for the "kiddies"). Grow up and realize that noone wants you in here making your negative comments towards other forum members. If you want to say negative things about Criss Angel thats fine, David Blaine fine, do not talk down on other forum members for having an opinion. In my opinion you are a loser who has to put others down to make yourself feel better, and that is one opinion that will never change.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:08 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 29 Aug 2006
Posts: 1
I'm an outsider here, have never enjoyed magic until I first watched Angel. Out of curiousity, I did watch Blaine on TLC the other night and I have mad respect for his sleight of hand (pretty flawless to me!) and abilities, but his presentation doesn't light me up like Criss' does. I can tell you Criss appeals to women not just for his gorgeous looks and talent, but also for his interaction with his family, his kind heartedness and passion, and his love for animals. Good move for the show to have included those qualities. I'm sure he's something of a BS artist, but isn't that the name of the game here? Whether you like him or hate him, Criss IS attracting people to magic. Take it for the positive it is. I will concede that his last few shows have been a bit dull, but A&E's episode guide includes two cool sounding escapes in Mexico that I'm looking forwards to. I guess when people are passionate about what they do, infighting is inevitable. In my business the saying is:
The horse world: two people, three opinions. That's just the way it is.
Seems that the magic world isn't too different!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:12 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 394
yeah you "came up" with the term "Angel worshipers"....sure buddy...sirbrad you seriously need to realize that no matter how much smack you talk about Criss Angel only makes you look like a jelouse fool...anyways, theres no need to defend Criss Angel, or bash him because he's not going to be reading anything on here anyways, and anyways, he said that people hating him only motivates him more to do better, so good job acually, your helping him and making yourself look very dumb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Dec 2005
Posts: 728
Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
Brad,

I USED to respect you. You seemed to know what you were talking about and actually helpedd people. Now all you do is bash Angel and everybody here. If you think we are all idiots, why do you continue to post here? No one wants you to. I think someone is a little jealous of Angel and Blaine and bashes them to make himself feel better about how his ''career'' is going.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.