View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Finding the car keys
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:38 pm 
Penguin

no way he read the persons mind exactly in the back of the think where the car keys where at FROM ALL Those cars in the lot? wow
Congrats Criss ya gatcha self a Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:50 pm 

It's actually called Psychophysiological Thought Reading, or Muscle Reading and it's more than possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:15 pm 
Penguin

what book or DVD would have Psychophysiological Thought Reading or Muscle Reading in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:25 pm 

Banachek's PSI Series volume 3 is on Muscle Reading, as well as a book he released, called Pyschophysiological Thought Reading.

Post subject: Re: Finding the car keys
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:35 pm 
Penguin

flakeup wrote:
no way he read the persons mind exactly in the back of the think where the car keys where at FROM ALL Those cars in the lot? wow
Congrats Criss ya gatcha self a Jaguar

ITS MUSCLE READING AND YES HE DID AND ITS A VIPER JEEZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:18 pm 
born to perform.

Consider this; the owner of the lot, knowing full well where the keys are, would not be able to respond perfeclt nuetral to Criss walking aroung, near/away from the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:57 pm 

There's a good bit of technique involved here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:37 pm 
born to perform.

Personally I think he had a technique behind it and used muscle reading and stuff like that as a kind of patter. The reason I think that is a lot of cars is a lot of area to cover in only half an hour going merely by muscle reading and he had 100,000 dollars on the line, and that is a lot to put on just muscle reading. And when he found the vehicle he went straight to the keyes without hesitation like he already knew where they were. If he had bet like 30,000-50,000$ and had like 4hours then i would think it would be very possible that he could just use muscle reading, but the way everything was arranged im not so sure.

I had thought about that a lot one time b4 and i did think of one possible way he cut out the majority of the vehicles on that lot, but it would depend on how smart the dealers were and where he went because of how each car lot is ran a little different. So maybe its possible if he had watched that dealership and knew what I thought about was something they would do, and checked to see if the dealers were clever minded or not, and narrowed the vehicles down using what I thought about then he might have used muscle reading to do the rest.

I also thought about another way just now that he might have done it, but its not as likely because it would be a lot easier to get caught, and its a lot more elaborate. I would hope though it was mostly muscle reading he used because that is not really cheating to find the keys technically, so it wouldn't be very bad to do that. But using some method wouldn't be bad either if the dealers had agreed to the bet because that really isn't much different than betting with someone if you can do any other trick. I mean its up to them really to decide if its real or not unless you say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:33 pm 

It's possible that he could have set it up, but as someone that's studied it, it's more than possible. I've seen things like that done many times before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:59 pm 
born to perform.

Well I will admit I don't know much about muscle reading so I have no idea if it would be extremely easy or hard to do that. You think thats genuine x? Im thinkin that probably is how he did it, but I can think of two other possibilites also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Muscle reading isn't too difficult. It does take some practice to get down, but Banachek (who is a consultant for Criss) is very good at muscle reading. So it would have been a lot easier for Criss to learn it, since he did have a good teacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:16 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Muscle reading isn't too difficult. It does take some practice to get down, but Banachek (who is a consultant for Criss) is very good at muscle reading. So it would have been a lot easier for Criss to learn it, since he did have a good teacher.

Muscle reading itself may not be too difficult, but what Criss did, is improbableto say the least, especially since he is known to use camera tricks, stooges, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:26 pm 

Alright, in the course of rolling my eyes, I have to wonder why you think this is improbable? Do you do Muscle Reading? This is a basic test that a lot of people use with it. Someone hides something, the magicians finds it. He actually used the easiest method, contrary to what he said, by using the handkerchief. That helps the performer a good bit. Once again, there is nothing in this demonstration that would have me believe that he used a stooge. I don't care if he uses them at any other time, this doesn't need one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:00 am 
Penguin

Darren Brown found something (i forgot what) that was hidden somewhere in the CITY and he did it the exact same way as Criss and found it in 2 hours, it's VERY VERY VERY possible, poker players use it all the time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:06 am 

Actually, poker players use a non contact mindreading. They don't get to touch each other, so they're using NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). It's a reading of body language.