View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shark Cage Escape!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:07 am 
Penguin

any1 catch this episode? i think it was really good personally, that wedding ring linking was pretty cool, and all the crowds didnt look fake like they usually do....it was AWSOME! the escape was pretty good and crazy too, because if he even dropped one of the picks it would go through the cage and he probably wouldnt be able to get it in time, it was crazy!
also i didnt see one thing that people can call camera tricks on...the blanket thing wasnt, the only stupid part was the production at the very end, i know it was supposed to be a joke but still, it was dumb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:30 am 
Emperor Penguin

I actually thought the blanket thing was a camera trick, but what do I know, I know it looked cool as edited, and I love when he brings that smoking hot girl into his shows!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:38 am 
Emperor Penguin

I am glad he worked with cannon, a great escape artist. and performed his second ligit great escape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:52 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
I actually thought the blanket thing was a camera trick, but what do I know, I know it looked cool as edited, and I love when he brings that smoking hot girl into his shows!!!!!

It would only be considered a camera trick in that it only works for someone (us the viewer) watching it through the camera's viewpoint. As usual the on-set spectators had to feign surprise as anyone to either side of the camera would have seen the goings on that accomplished the illusion. Exactly like the Deja Vu trick in the hotel hallway from Season 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:12 am 
Penguin

i dont know......im pretty sure i figured out how its done, and you dont need to do it on camera.....it would jsut take a lot of time to set up and practice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:10 pm 
born to perform.

isent it true that you alwas know if criss will escape beacause if he doesnt and dies they cant show it on tv?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

tkies wrote:
isent it true that you alwas know if criss will escape beacause if he doesnt and dies they cant show it on tv?

I would like to see you do it. It isnt easy.
For the people there live, it can be very stressful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:14 pm 
born to perform.

i dont think u understood i mean they alwas hype up his escapes but you know on the tv show if there showing it he made the escape because they cant show him doing an escape and dying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

tkies wrote:
I dont think u understood I mean they alwas hype up his escapes but you know on the tv show if there showing it he made the escape because they cant show him doing an escape and dying

ya they could. I would want them to show it, if i died. In memory of me. but ya i get ya. Its still interesting to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:53 pm 
born to perform.

o ok thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:50 am 
Penguin

I really like Criss Angels approach and his 'pushing the envelope' thing, as most here will already know. However I can't support his escapes on his mindfreak show.

#1. It is very counter climatic...We already know he will make it.
#2. Not all the stunts are really dangerous, yes some of them are but all of them are made out to be beyond anything before.

Most here pick on his use of stooges and what not, but really the only thing that I find more worthy of judgement is his stunts and the build ups.

Case in point, last year and the who buried alive thing. It was during this episode that it was said that NO-ONE expected it to rain, YET EVERYONE had an Umbrella!

So things like that in my view are just boring.

As having saw him before I actually think his skill level isn't what it was. There could be many reasons for this, and I know he could easily be back at the standard he was at.

He performs well, he can do very nice street magic, he can do very creative things I just feel at present his show is going in the wrong direction.

I think deep down inside he wants to make it in the record industry and I hope he does, however doing so many things is not always easy. He has to get back to his roots, get out on the streets more, do less talking and make the show if possible longer.

The short duration of mindfreak is the most annoying thing, it is really only 22 minutes and that sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:44 pm 
Penguin

Yea baye That ones the craziest he even said he Couldve death. But he did it! :)