View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HELP: ANGELS LEVITATION
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:14 am 
Penguin

Hi guys,

I want to purchased a levitation for my stage work. I've some considerable questions before buying Angels, which I find to be the most fascinating.

1) Is it too angle sensitive to be done on stage? (Can I have spectators a 180 degress when the distance to the front row will be ca. 6-9 feet?)
2) Can the spectators look under my feet if the stage is lifted a few feet? I mean if the stage is a bit higher than the audience vision, is that a problem? Is there anything to see under my feet?
3) Can I walk around with the gimmick for an hour without it being detected?
4) Is it heavy?

Sincerly,

Mikkel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:33 am 
Emperor Penguin

its a good stage levitation. with proper set up you can do it 180 degrees and have them look under your feet.

search around, this is widely talked about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:52 pm 
born to perform.

It's very good for stage shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:06 am 
Penguin

So what if I perrform in a suit?

Can I be on stage in a suit for 40 min. with no suspicsion? and then just suddenly float to a chair?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:13 am 
Penguin

brabrabra wrote:
So what if I perrform in a suit?

Can I be on stage in a suit for 40 min. with no suspicsion? and then just suddenly float to a chair?

I don't think it would be considered exposure to tell you that it's gimmicked clothing. So you'd need to have the suit pants made to match the jacket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:42 pm 
born to perform.

ok here are some straightforward answers:

1. I think the way u r talking yes, it is the way you see it done. With some alteration of how you perform it it wont be too angel sensitive though without worry. Basically you like have something blocking side angles a little like curtains r a trenchcoat type deal.

2. No, they can look under ur feet, that wont be a problem really.

3. Hmm, good question, probably better for someone who has tried that. I would think yes, but it might get uncomfortable.

4. No, its not very heavy really.

I think you should try something a little different for a stage levitation though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:12 am 
Penguin

Thanks for your replies,

what levitation would you recommend then?

I know kind rising, balducci, and I'm not interested in the icarus levitation.

And one more question regarding CA levitation: You are saying that it is not comfortable to walk around with the gimmick for an hour or so?

Mikkel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:53 am 
Emperor Penguin

icarus and criss angels are the same thing, only reversed from each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:02 pm 
born to perform.

well i wouldnt say its not comfortable, its just not like walkin around with just regular clothing on so after awhile it could get irritating, but i no if i really wanted it in my stage show i wouldnt mind really doing the show with it. But I dont think its a good stage levitation. Look into the traditional stage levitations where a person floats somewhere near ur waist in front of u, its somewhat better for stage. I dont think u can just buy that somewhere though so maybe find an older magician to help u with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:33 pm 
Penguin

Based on your reply's it sounds like you put your jeans or whatever on imediately before performing and are not able to just walk around and do the effect when the possibility strikes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

you can walk around with it. it doesnt bother me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:41 pm 
Penguin

One last question,

Does the effect require gimmicked shoes as well? In that case I can't use it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:41 pm 
born to perform.

u can walk around just fine, in fact part of the trick is there simply for walking around and not getting caught, but u just might find it uncomfortable yourself, its personal preference really. I would compare it to walking around with something kind of annoying on u somewhere r something i dont no. But yeah u can walk around with it fine, its not going to stop u. Although u should be careful walking around to a certain degree because if u get too carried away, like u start jumpin up and down then u could get caught. But casually walking around is fine.

Still I dont think its a good stage trick because it does not look the same as the street performance because of the angles. You have to do something to deal with the angles on stage and what u have to do makes it not look nearly as good, and its already not that great for stage cause stage needs slightly bigger stuff than that i think. Thats y i recommend u find a magician who has been one a very long time and get them to teach u a good stage levitation, not alter a street levitation for stage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:43 pm 
born to perform.

to a certain extent yes, it doesnt require u to "destroy" ur shoes but its certainly not normal. So it depends on y u wouldnt be able to use ur shoes, what r u going to be doing? If u just dont want to have to get another pair of shoes then u will probably need to for angel's levitation unless u made it where u could use the shoes still somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:54 pm 
Penguin

email me for a vid of me performing this at work, and its not even with the pants your supposed to make, they are just regular coveralls