View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: another camera edit claim destroyed
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:19 am 
Emperor Penguin

So on the best of tonight, they showed the illusion where he was covered with a trash can, and dissappeared from it, and appeared on the balcony. They showed it without cuts, in one continuous shot. Wasnt this the victim of someone screaming camera edit because of the cuts, well how do you explain it without the cuts???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:41 am 
born to perform.

I know how that works, I have done it once before. And I will say this much, yes, it is possible to do it without editing if and only if you have a pile of money like angel, but it is a edited of a lot easier to use a little camera trickery to get it done. I am thinking the one on his mindfreak special, the special not the series, was not camera trickery, but i think the one on mindfreak the series was probably camera trickery. I can tell the difference since I have done it before. And the camera trick way can be done without cuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:21 pm 
Penguin

A friend of mine was there for the trash can thing and swore to me that there were no funny camera things going on, so this confirms this. Same friend has already shown me some video cam footage of Criss doing some stuff, and if he uploads it that would shut the traps off most people here.

Again, it is very easy to yell CAMERA EDIT, but in *MOST* cases this isn't what is happening.

Does it happen, probably but nowhere near what some people think. It is hardly worth talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Honestly, it doesn't matter if you have "proof" that he doesn't use camera edits. People are in a set mind on whether or not he uses them. I personally don't believe he does, because according to Banachek, they don't. But some people are still going to believe that he does. So trying to argue the issue, really is pointless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:08 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Honestly, it doesn't matter if you have "proof" that he doesn't use camera edits. People are in a set mind on whether or not he uses them. I personally don't believe he does, because according to Banachek, they don't. But some people are still going to believe that he does. So trying to argue the issue, really is pointless.

So if Banachek says it, it must be true? Didn't Banacheck also say that he never uses actors? Isnt there already proof that he does?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:03 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
So if Banachek says it, it must be true? Didn't Banacheck also say that he never uses actors? Isnt there already proof that he does?
I never said it was true. I stated my opinion that I believe Banachek is telling the truth.

Don't try to drag me into an arguement. I didn't state a thing that would lead to an arguement. I stated my choice of believing he doesn't use camera tricks. But I never said that he didn't. Like I said, it's worthless trying to argue the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:26 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie
Quote:
So if Banachek says it, it must be true?

It certainly a heck of a lot better putting stock in what he says as opposed to anyting you say.

Quote:
Didn't Banacheck also say that he never uses actors? Isnt there already proof that he does?

Get your facts straight, he said 'Criss uses assistants', NOT STOOGES. The assistants are used as a magician would on stage or even on the street.

Post subject: Re: another camera edit claim destroyed
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:44 pm 
Penguin

magikrn wrote:
So on the best of tonight, they showed the illusion where he was covered with a trash can, and dissappeared from it, and appeared on the balcony. They showed it without cuts, in one continuous shot. Wasnt this the victim of someone screaming camera edit because of the cuts, well how do you explain it without the cuts???

I don't know, was it a "victim of someone screaming camera edit"? Or are you just setting up a strawman so you can knock it down.

Editing wouldn't be required anyway. He just has to scurry out the back and up to the marquee. It's pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about magic and televsion production whether you watch the edited or un-edited version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:44 pm 
Penguin

I am not sure about this. Like many of Criss's tricks this one is very suspicious. He failed to demonstrate a "clean" magic trick.

Suspicious 1. While they were putting the trash can over Criss the camera was pointing to the crowd. Misdirection by the camera? If this is the case it is a camera trick.

Suspicious 2. After they fliped the trash can the camera was quickly pointed at Criss on the balcony. Why didn't they show people examining the trash can? Where is the clean up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCi1JHsLd6U

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
Suspicious 2. After they fliped the trash can the camera was quickly pointed at Criss on the balcony. Why didn't they show people examining the trash can? Where is the clean up?
It's only natural to look up at the balcony. That's why people looked up there. Who cares about a trash can? It's not what I woud be looking at.

People, just drop it already. Either he did a camera trick or not. No one is ever going to prove it to the other side. Everything you think is new evidence, isn't, it's already been said. All that's happening is that you will be beating a dead horse. It's all been said before. No proof will be shown either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:30 am 
Penguin

sushix

I know someone who was at this, it wasn't camera work. Also there is another UN-Edited version of this, you are linking to the Edited version, I don't know if the UN-Edited version has been uploaded as of yet.

It looks like Camera edits would be the answer UNTIL.....Criss fires back with the Un-edited version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:29 am 
Penguin

You don't have to wait for someone to upload this clip. It can be seen in the 'Uncut' show on the "Mindfreak Halloween" DVD. If you watch both it and the edited version back-to-back you will learn a lot. There were two ways this performance could be released; either with the edits or with a speeded up segment after he has the trash can lowered on him. The original aired version has the edits. The 'Uncut' version has a speeded up segment after he is under the trash can. In both cases the two different video tools (editing and fast forward) are used to create the illusion that he got from the trash can and up on the marquee a whole lot quicker than in reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:48 am 
born to perform.

CameraEdit wrote:
sushix

I know someone who was at this, it wasn't camera work. Also there is another UN-Edited version of this, you are linking to the Edited version, I don't know if the UN-Edited version has been uploaded as of yet.

It looks like Camera edits would be the answer UNTIL.....Criss fires back with the Un-edited version.

So you know someone who was at this eh? Guess what! The other day I met Ghandi. Oh and I once read paradise lost, treasure island and david copperfield in one day and still had enough time to refurbish an entire living room that evening. Not bad for one day.
But back to what I was saying, who is this person? Well it doesn't matter actually because I'll never believe you. It sounds to me like you are just trying to cover yourself with a claim like that. Oh I also know someone who was at the Berlin wall, says the whole thing was a fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:06 pm 
Penguin

bucky310

And if you believe that more power to you, to me you sound like a kid in his early 20's that has a lot to learn.

p.s the un-edited version exists....just to let you know, sorry to break your heart :oops:

Try watching it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:40 pm 
Penguin

CameraEdit wrote:
bucky310

p.s the un-edited version exists....just to let you know, sorry to break your heart :oops:

What are you responding to with this remark? Are you implying that bucky310 denied the existence of an un-edited version? Where?

Did you read my post about this above bucky310's? What hasn't ever been released, and doubtless won't be, is the un-edited footage without the speeded-up segment. If you were to see how long it takes between the time he exits the back of the trash can and he is seen on the marquee, it would seem a lot less magical.