View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:06 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
Get your facts straight, he said 'Criss uses assistants', NOT STOOGES. The assistants are used as a magician would on stage or even on the street.

Assistants? But arent the people holding up the towels for some of his vanishes assistants?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:56 pm 
Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:
I know how that works, I have done it once before. And I will say this much, yes, it is possible to do it without editing if and only if you have a pile of money like angel, but it is a edited of a lot easier to use a little camera trickery to get it done. I am thinking the one on his mindfreak special, the special not the series, was not camera trickery, but I think the one on mindfreak the series was probably camera trickery. I can tell the difference since I have done it before. And the camera trick way can be done without cuts.

why the edited would he do it once without then with? you dont make any sense...i know how he does it there is no camera tricks involved...seriously..how would you like it if you spent all your time coming up with material you could use that didnt involve camera tricks, and every1 said "camera trick that sucked"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

CameraEdit wrote:
And if you believe that more power to you, to me you sound like a kid in his early 20's that has a lot to learn.

It's funny, I'm almost 20. However I do not have a lot to learn. In fact I probably know a lot more than most of the people here. That being said however, most of the people here are like 10-15 years old and know not very much of magic. You I am sure are a very good magician and I am not trying to take anything away from you. I was merely trying to be funny. Although you took it seriously, sarcasm is hard to write out. My thing was that it just seems juvenile to cop out like that and say "I knew someone who was there" because it just seems like something I would have pulled out in grade 9.
Good call on the early 20's though. I thought that was hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:06 pm 
born to perform.

oh I have to clarify, I did actually meet Ghandi. Although it wasn't the real Ghandi, I think he is dead. It was just some regular dude that I met over the summer where I was working. Ghandi was just his first name.
The other stuff was obviously a lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:22 pm 
Penguin

Well Bucky I am correct about your age but I think your more mature then I thought --that is to your credit, but seriously I have seen Criss Angel more then once and know a few who have seen him as well you don't have to be this, as known has to believe anything anyone says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:48 pm 
born to perform.

I got confused towards the end of that last sentence, but... thanks.
oh and please no capitol B on the bucky, it's not my real name anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:09 am 
Penguin

bucky310

Yea, I was confused there at the end, what I meant to say was...

I have seen Criss Angel more then once and know a few people who have seen him as well, you don't have to believe this, as no-one has to believe anything anyone says especially online.

I think my main point though was that even if you don't believe me the un-edited version of the effect is saying the same thing I am saying, I am not really adding any more to it by claiming my friend told me about it. It was my recollecting what I heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:50 am 
Penguin

Quote:
It's funny, I'm almost 20. However I do not have a lot to learn.

You got a lot to learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:33 am 
Penguin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3f-WPrKnRU

I'm sorry, but if that's not plain obvious camera edits... I'm an idiot.

I enjoy his show and a lot of his illusions I can't discredit, but that video is just plain awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:54 am 
Penguin

My only thing is that if he constantly uses stooges and whatnot, why hasn't anyone of those people come out to of said it. He does it a lot, you'd think at least ONE of them would say "yeah he set me up". I don't get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:27 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Chub wrote:

I enjoy his show and a lot of his illusions I can't discredit, but that video is just plain awful.

I didnt see a camera trick, maybe a setup with some stooges, but no camera edits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Chub wrote:

T.H.E.M. also did this same effect. They did it at a club, with only the cover of a trench coat. It's a possible effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:04 pm 
Penguin

Well I guess you got me... but that's very unprofessional to have the camera obviously cut/flicker at cruical moments in the video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:16 pm 
Penguin

Of course he is using a camera edit (or an awful lot of stooges). Think about it... he can't ACTUALLY teleport so he is getting out form underneath the can and running to the top of the overhang.

Only 2 possibilities are out there:

If he is REALLY under the can when they all put their hands on it then he obviously sneaks out the back of it and people see him doing so and he has used stooges.

If he never went under the can then the video is lying and is edited when they skip away to just show it fitting over his odd moving legs. In which case he has lied to the audience and everyone sees him not going in and are still being paid to act like they acted. MAYBE he has hidden behind a stooge (and placed gimmicked legs under the can) and when they all push down on the can, he sneaks inside and runs to the overhang.

No matter how you cut it, there are either cuts or stooges... or both.

People here don't REALLY think he can teleport, do they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:14 pm 
born to perform.

coolsnail wrote:
Quote:
It's funny, I'm almost 20. However I do not have a lot to learn.

You got a lot to learn.

Who the heck do you think you are? Do you know me? Do you know exactly how much I know about magic? I'm not trying to say I know a lot, but honestly, you don't know me. I'm sure you know a lot, because you must if you make a claim like that. I'm not trying to knock you at all but you don't know me, you don't know the extent of my knowledge of magic so you cannot just come out and make a claim like that. You have a lot to learn about proving things true.