View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

do youi think that criss angel suck's as a magician and he youses camera trick's and is not a real magician
yes 39%  39%  [ 25 ]
no 61%  61%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 64
 Post subject: criss angel not a real magician..??
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:41 am 
Penguin

hey guy's. do you think criss angel is a bad magician???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:19 am 
born to perform.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=109117
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=112960
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=110395
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=112166
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=111223
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=109126

and so on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:52 am 
Penguin

He is not a bad magician. WHile I do not approve of some of his tactics and things he does and uses, he is still a good magician. WHY? People connect with him and love his performances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:32 pm 
Penguin

shure he is a good performens artist. yes one of the thing's in magic is that you need to be good to get the magic to the people, and criss is good to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Most of the people that dont like him are jelous. He has done more for magic than most of them ever will. He is a great performer and entertainer, which by the way is our job. He can do alot more than what he does on tv, but he rather be different in his show. I dont blame him.
Granted my friends dont believe ever thing they see him do, if they did i would be worried. But they are entertained, and thats what counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:19 pm 
born to perform.

Well I do think he is somewhat untalented, and he uses camera tricks, but of course he is a magician! lol Thats a dumb question considering he has won magician of the year 3 times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:
Well I do think he is somewhat untalented, and he uses camera tricks, but of course he is a magician! lol Thats a dumb question considering he has won magician of the year 3 times.

But thats a false judgement. A big one, he is very talented with magic, he just doesnt show all his skill with cards and sleights on his show as much as many of us would like. His show is more of illusions for the tv audience more than anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:26 pm 
born to perform.

He is talented for stage, thats it. I disagree that he is talented like the majority of magicians, as in having skill to amaze people in impromptu situations and small group situations. And I doubt he is skilled with cards because he implied he hates card tricks on one episode, so its not likely he would be good at something he hates. And his sleight of hand is very poor compared to many magicians, I mean he practically just gave away the secrets to a couple of silverware bending tricks on an interview on tv one time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:47 pm 

I've locked a good number of these topics. I'm too tired to lock this one, but use the search button next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:16 pm 
Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:
He is talented for stage, thats it. I disagree that he is talented like the majority of magicians, as in having skill to amaze people in impromptu situations and small group situations. And I doubt he is skilled with cards because he implied he hates card tricks on one episode, so its not likely he would be good at something he hates. And his sleight of hand is very poor compared to many magicians, I mean he practically just gave away the secrets to a couple of silverware bending tricks on an interview on tv one time.

You cannot say this though because I'm guessing you have never seen him perform in an impromptu situation or small group situation. Actually I have seen him with cards and he is not bad. He is not Jeff Mcbride Flashy flourishing fool, but most magicians aren't. He said he hated card tricks because of what he was performing. Someone ask him if he was going to do a card trick and he said no I hate card tricks. Of course he would say that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:

There is more to magic than cards. like coins, money, levitations (not just self), mentalism, fire, etc. Plus when did you see him every perform a card set?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:32 pm 
Penguin

This is going to turn into a nasty thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:36 pm 
Penguin

he is a good entertainer but. if the people is actors and cameratrick's your not a magician. no efence to the people that like him, i'm youst saying what i meen :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:39 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
I've locked a good number of these topics. I'm too tired to lock this one, but use the search button next time.

i'm sick of people that say's that i need to yous the search.
if' i'm making a topic i am doing it beacous i want to make a new topic. To get my point out of it :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:07 pm 
born to perform.

One reason I seriously doubt Angel is good at any close-up magic is because of his performance presentation when he does do close-up, which is unplanned and poor presentation. If you watch his close-up stuff he doesn't always know what he is even going to say next. But if you say you have seen him in person, not his stage show, that doesn't count for this, and he was good with sleights and cards then I will take your word for it. I just have my doubts because of three things that I have noticed, he is poor with his presentation because he doesn't always know what he is going to say next, he is not skilled at sleight of hand, and he implied that he hates card tricks whether he actually does or not.