View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What Mindfreaks Do You Know?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:33 am 
Penguin

This is basically a thread where you can post the tricks you know how to do by Criss Angel. This is NOT a thread to explain how a trick is done. I just wanna know who knows what. And do not say things like, "I know them all, Camera Trick!!!" or "I would be able to do that with alot of Stooges and a Camera Team". Just post which ones you know. Here is mine, and I will add to it. If this is against the rules, which I dont think it is since we are not revealing, then please tell. I will edit this all out and you can close it.

My List:

Every Card Trick Except "Card Thru Window" on the Bus
Torn and Restored Newspaper
Bottle Thru Table
The Ones He Teaches
Woodchipper Escape
Thread Thru Eye
Quarter in Can
Self Levitation
Matrix Levitation
Levitating Another Person
Burned Alive
Ring Inside An Egg
Ring Inside an Ice Cube
Needles w/thread Thru Belly Button
Appearing a Hummer
Making Doves Appear
Making The Butterfly Picture Come to Life
Arm Thru Person
Quarter in Arm
Metamorphosis
Levitating Cat :P
Shadow Trick
Store Prediction
Dollar in Banana
Coin Matrix
Flying Hanky
Shooting Signed Card
Walking Thru Window
Linking Rings

Thats about it...
Lets hear yours!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:53 am 
Emperor Penguin

The point of this is what? This really proves nothing about angel or the poster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:20 am 
Penguin

The David Blaine/Criss Angel forum is not to compare or anything of that. This board is just meant for people who would like to share which ones they know. THats its.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:51 am 
Penguin

i dont reallly feel like listing a bunch cause i know a lot like some that u listed but heres a couple.

stopping my pulse
quarter in soda can
most card tricks
most of the levitations... not the levitating another person
disapearing/ reapering objects
and some of ohters i dont feel like listing

:arrow: ZaCk oF cLuBs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:26 pm 
born to perform.

Wait you didn't quite make enough sense with what you said, first off do you mean tricks Angel has performed or tricks he has invented? And secondly, do you mean tricks that we know how they work or tricks that we can actually perform?

I'm guessing you meant any tricks he has performed, and out of those the ones that we know how they're done right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:56 pm 
Penguin

The Ones he preformed and the ones you know and can preform. Of all these I havent preformed the Woodchipper or Burned Alive for obvious reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:54 pm 
born to perform.

Wait you said the ones you know and can perform but you have a camera trick on your list? How do you perform that for someone? lol

And as for walking throught the window you have performed that? And the matrix levitation? Cause those take a lot of setup, but im not saying you couldn't perform them, its just not likely you have the setup to. If you do have the setup to perform them thats cool, probably a lot of fun. I would love to have the chance to perform those, which the levitation wouldn't be that much work, but the window you need a setup window so thats just a little harder lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:17 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Dejavue2161 wrote:
The Ones he preformed and the ones you know and can preform. Of all these I havent preformed the Woodchipper or Burned Alive for obvious reasons.

so you have performed, appearing a hummer, walking through a window, the real flying hanky (that costs about $2000), and leviating another person? Mans thats... amazing, you must be loaded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:09 pm 
Penguin

Well, for 1, I preform all the time. So, yes I do have the setup for Walking Thru Window and The Matrix. And I am not that rich. I started out doing nothing but Card Tricks for parties, shows, etc. Then, I use that money to invest into a trick. And which is a camera trick? Im interested, cuz all the ones I posted I have done, except the Woodchipper and Burned Alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:23 am 
born to perform.

Making a hummer appear the exact way it was done on Mindfreak is a camera trick. In reality you would need someone to be holding up a sheet the entire time somewhat, not like all the way out but partially up to block a large viewing area, or you would need a box or something to block viewing angles. But on mindfreak there was none of that, hence the spectator could have easily seen the hummer and troops if they were actually there, but angel used the camera to use himself to block the angles. That couldn't be done in reality, at least not very easily and consistently. And it would only be possible with one person.

And the same goes for the walking through window, you actually gimmicked a window in a wall like that? As in the side of the building is gimmicked? Cause that would cost a crapload of money to do, but if you have that kind of money like angel then Im sure u probably have cause if i had the money I would do it probably.

And when you say levitating another person is that really the same illusion that angel did because his was one you can do surrounded without a controlled background behind you, and most levitations for other people are angle sensitive or need certain backgrounds to help and controlled lighting and stuff like that.

So I'm saying its unlikely you have performed some of those illusions, at least not exactly the same as the ones on mindfreak, like walking through the window, levitating someone else, and the flying hanky. And I'm saying I don't think you have performed the hummer appearance period because its a camera trick, unless you were like "ok now i am going to make a hummer appear, but you will have to watch a film of me doing it yesterday because I'm all out of appearance power today." lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:59 pm 
Penguin

Ok, your right about the hummer. I mainly said that to not expose it. But it wasnt really a Camera Trick, like editing and all that. Just more of a trick for the viewers. But I agree, he wouldnt of been able to do it live.

I have a friend whos dad owns a shop. So I set up the window there. And yes, it was alot. Which I hate, but if thats what it takes to build the gimmick...

My levitating another person has no requirments to how close they can be, lighting doesnt matter, not angle sensitive. It can be done outside. People can be behind me, but I try to tell them not to because they might figure it out when behind me.

And Finally, I only know how he does Arm Thru Body, Coin in Soda and Self Levitation because those are the ones I bought. I dont know how he does the others, though I do them just as visual, but I am not sure thats exactly how he does them.

Post subject: ok
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:07 pm 
Penguin

The Ones He Teaches
Thread Thru Eye
Quarter in Can
Self Levitation
Ring Inside an Ice Cube
Arm Thru Person
Quarter in Arm
Shadow Trick
Flying Hanky
Shooting Signed Card
Stopping pulse
food to bug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I know how to do basically every effect that he has done, or atleast variations of them. I don't do those effects, because I simply don't have the money to do so, neither would I want to. He's not doing anything new, it's all been done before. He's just putting his own little touch on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

Well just saying the hummer thing is a camera trick doesn't expose it, and if it had cuts or whatever then I would say it was a camera edit, although some people do use those terms the same way, but they're different really. But honestly, I could care less if people expose camera tricks because they aren't anything that can be done in real life, but I don't expose them myself, I'm just saying I don't care if they are. And that makes since that you put a window like that in a magic store, I know I would. I guess mostly the hummer thing made me a little skeptical about what you were saying lol.