View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

who is better?
Poll ended at Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Criss Angel 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
David Blaine 57%  57%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: Re: lol
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

99955535 wrote:
I no oz is gunna get me for that somehow lol

Nah, I didnt mean you, just that benlewis guy. You like Angel better, and i respect that, kinda.

Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:08 pm 
Penguin

lol hey i like him better blaine is still good. i just hate criss becuase he says he loves the magic indestry but he has like 20 people to make tricks for him and steals effects knowing he will make more money than they can sew him for

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:44 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
99955535 wrote:
lol hey I like him better blaine is still good. I just hate criss becuase he says he loves the magic indestry but he has like 20 people to make tricks for him and steals effects knowing he will make more money than they can sew him for

Blaine has people make tricks for him. He doent create all of his magic. Most of it is old tricks that arent very hard to do, he just performs them very well. And name me one time Angel stole an effect from a creator. I dont know who I like better of the two, I dont think you can really compare them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:02 pm 
Emperor Penguin

99955535 wrote:
lol hey I like him better blaine is still good. I just hate criss becuase he says he loves the magic indestry but he has like 20 people to make tricks for him and steals effects knowing he will make more money than they can sew him for
The majority, if not all, of Blaines effects are marketed effects. Many of them were effects that existed decades to centuries before Blaine was even born. He does perform them well though. Also, I don't know of any effect that he has stolen. If you could name some examples, that would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:27 pm 
Penguin

sullyman wrote:
. And name me one time Angel stole an effect from a creator.

He stole the Walking on Water effect.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

alex65535 wrote:
sullyman wrote:
. And name me one time Angel stole an effect from a creator.

He stole the Walking on Water effect.

I don't know about that. That was just something someone else said. There are more then one ways to walk on water. And if Criss and his team figured out a way, that someone else used, big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:06 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah I get tired of hearing people say Angel "stole" that walking on water trick. If you talk about the guy who did an illusion like that first before Angel, I believe his name is Andre Kole, then you have to distinguish which illusion you are talking about because he has done two, one was done in the middle of a lake and the other is more of a standing on water illusion for stage. Then you will also realize what Angel did was also a third walking on water illusion because it was different than either of those. So you have these illusions, just like different ways to levitate that all achieve a very similar illusion:

Kole's: Walking on water in the middle of a lake
Kole's: Standing on water in a tank on stage
Angel's: Walking on water in a pool with spectators swimming around

Get the picture now people? Yes they might have similar methods but they do not use identical methods nor do they achieve the same exact illusion. Saying what Angel did is the same as what Kole did is like saying Angel stole "the" self levitation effect from whoever invented the balduci levitation or he stole it from Corey King's King Rising.

If Angel had done a walking on water illusion in the middle of a lake with one shot of him walking, and then another shot with some people putting rings around him that we probably be stealing, or if he had stood on water in a tank of water, but he did neither of those. He may be low and use stooges and camera trickery, but lets be real, he isn't a thief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 pm 
born to perform.

BLAINE. i like blaine more for a few reasons. first of all his stuff is not fake like angles (well...more of his stuff is real then angles is) in other words the way blaine does it on tv, is the way it would be done in real life. i think 95% of the stuff angle does can't be done the way you see it.

also, a lot of angles stuff is stunts, not as much magic as blaine.

also, i simply find blaine's good old street magic tricks more entertaining then angles stuff. so...BLAINE FOR ME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

agold7964 wrote:
BLAINE. I like blaine more for a few reasons. first of all his stuff is not fake like angles (well...more of his stuff is real then angles is) in other words the way blaine does it on tv, is the way it would be done in real life. I think 95% of the stuff angle does can't be done the way you see it.

also, a lot of angles stuff is stunts, not as much magic as blaine.

also, I simply find blaine's good old street magic tricks more entertaining then angles stuff. so...BLAINE FOR ME!

I don't like Angel anymore, mainly do to his Halloween episode and just season two of Mindfreak. I think he's acted very irresponsible. But I do have to question some of the stuff you said. First, Angel has actually done more magic that people can do than Blaine has. This is simply because Angel has had 3 tv specials (Mindfreak, Supernatural, and Made in Japan, or whatever he did in Japan) and he's done two seasons of Mindfreak. He's just had more time to do more magic effects. And many of them are very easily accomplished, not saying they all are though.

Also, Blaine is more into stunts then Angel is. Blaine has been focusing more on stunts then he does on magic. From what I've heard, Blaine is trying to get away from the whole title of magician. That's why he's focusing more on stunts then anything else. Not saying that's a bad thing.

As of now, I do like Blaine better, but I really don't care for either.