View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

who is better?
Poll ended at Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:30 pm
Criss Angel 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
David Blaine 57%  57%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject: who is better?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:30 pm 
Penguin

who is better? David Blaine or Criss Angel? I think Criss Angel is better. Who do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:43 pm 
born to perform.

I like David Blaine better. Reading Mysterious Stranger totally changed my views i had on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Here is some advice:

Read the rules before another post.

Learn the power of the search button.

This conversation has been talked about one time to many, all it does it cause arguments due to immaturity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:18 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
kraynik wrote:
I like David Blaine better. Reading Mysterious Stranger totally changed my views I had on him.

And when you read Criss Angel's book,you'll like him more :wink: .

Biography's do that to people.My mom became obsessed with David Beckham after she read his biography.

-YNWA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:28 pm 
born to perform.

The problem with David Blaine's autobiography is that it's fiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:56 pm 
Penguin

odomenech wrote:
The problem with David Blaine's autobiography is that it's fiction.

What do you mean fiction? Any proof?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

A little proof that David Blaine made some of the stuff up is that Tarko the Great was a fictional character made by David Blaine. The character was based off of Tarquin Churchwell. According to David Blaine though, Tarko the Great died in 2002 I believe (I may be wrong on the date), but Tarquin is still alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:06 pm 
born to perform.

How do you know that wasn't a real person? I'm not saying you dont know I'm just wondering how you know. And if he did change the person's name or whatever and said he died in 2002 and he is still living that could be something symbollic or representative in the book, like maybe he retired in 2002 or maybe something like that. I mean I doubt he made that guy up, or changed someone else's name to that, but if he did there would be reason for it, or a point he would be making by doing that.

And I think Blaine is more talented than Angel because I don't think Angel can do much without spending a lot of money first on some kind of gimmick, at least not in comparison to what Blaine could do. But Blaine could never do a stage show like Angel could do either. You really can't compare the two, they both went to the opposite ends of magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:22 pm 
born to perform.

id do camera tricks if it got me a tv contract like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:
How do you know that wasn't a real person? I'm not saying you dont know I'm just wondering how you know. And if he did change the person's name or whatever and said he died in 2002 and he is still living that could be something symbollic or representative in the book, like maybe he retired in 2002 or maybe something like that. I mean I doubt he made that guy up, or changed someone else's name to that, but if he did there would be reason for it, or a point he would be making by doing that.

And I think Blaine is more talented than Angel because I don't think Angel can do much without spending a lot of money first on some kind of gimmick, at least not in comparison to what Blaine could do. But Blaine could never do a stage show like Angel could do either. You really can't compare the two, they both went to the opposite ends of magic.

I agree with the your second paragraph. They really are two different types of magicians. Comparing Angel and Blaine is like comparing Burton and Sankey. They do different types of magic.

Tarko the Great, which was featured on atleast one of Blaine's specials, is nothing more than Blaine dressing up as an old man. I made a thread awhile back talking about Tarquin's relationship with Blaine. It kind of gives a little information about why Blaine would do what I said he did. The reason Blaine did make Tarko the great up was because Tarquin threw a hissy fit. But I believe Blaine still wanted to give credit to Tarquin, so he made up a fictional character based on Tarquin.

But I think both Criss and David have made up somethings about their lives to make them seem more magical. Houdini also did it. So it's not like it's a very bad thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:28 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah thats fairly common with autobiographies to have made up parts, and I'm sure there was a reason he did that. So you're saying that was him in like make up and stuff and not another person?! lol Thats really funny if thats true, I'm sure it gave him a good laugh with people thinking it was someone else and it was him all along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:50 pm 
born to perform.

Blaine hands down.

Post subject: angel
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:54 pm 
Penguin

i like angel better even though he uses camara tricks i get to see magic every week. blaine is just as good i feel but in drowned alive there were only like 4 tricks i can think of in a 2 hour special

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 pm 
born to perform.

benlewis2004 wrote:
id do camera tricks if it got me a tv contract like that.

Well, thats cause you have no respect for the art.

Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:57 pm 
Penguin

i no oz is gunna get me for that somehow lol