View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:39 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 5856
Location: www.anythingmagic.net
LOL, I wasn't really reffering to those that don't watch the show and don't like him. I was referring to those that hate him, but know every little detail about him and his show, yet say nothing but bad things about him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:44 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 03 Mar 2004
Posts: 1931
Location: www.mysteryandillusion.com
magikrn wrote:
LOL, I wasn't really reffering to those that don't watch the show and don't like him. I was referring to those that hate him, but know every little detail about him and his show, yet say nothing but bad things about him.


I get what you mean. I don't dwell on disliking him, he's in my "I don't care" category of dislike. (I am contradicting myself because I am commenting on Criss Angel at all – I’m such a hypocrite).

“If this be Magic - Let it be an Artâ€


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:09 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: My Mommy Says I Can't Tell You
odomenech wrote:
thecooltonto wrote:
I really loved the first season of mindfreak though. The second made me think very low of Angel though. And I would much rather watch another magician like maybe Mcbride, Blaine, or Banachek than Angel.


Banachek is actually responsible for season 2 of Mindfreak. If you want to think low of anyone, you better start thinking low of him. You liked Mindfreak before he took over and hated it after he took over. Criss Angel isn't the problem then, is it? It's Banachek.


If it is in fact totally Banachek's fault, then sure. Dont think you got me just because you throw Banachek's name out there. If it is totally Banacheck's fault, then Banachek is crap too. But dont be stupid, its Angel's show, not Banacheck, Banachek is merely the consultant. But it probably is partly his fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:29 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Posts: 3441
oztheozzie wrote:
odomenech wrote:
thecooltonto wrote:
I really loved the first season of mindfreak though. The second made me think very low of Angel though. And I would much rather watch another magician like maybe Mcbride, Blaine, or Banachek than Angel.


Banachek is actually responsible for season 2 of Mindfreak. If you want to think low of anyone, you better start thinking low of him. You liked Mindfreak before he took over and hated it after he took over. Criss Angel isn't the problem then, is it? It's Banachek.


If it is in fact totally Banachek's fault, then sure. Dont think you got me just because you throw Banachek's name out there. If it is totally Banacheck's fault, then Banachek is crap too. But dont be stupid, its Angel's show, not Banacheck, Banachek is merely the consultant. But it probably is partly his fault.


Banachek's official title remains consultant (as far as I know), but his job description involves designing the entire show. As of season 2, Criss Angel is basically nothing more than the main character in a tv show written by a team led by Banachek.

I love Banachek's personal show. His idea of presenting mentalism as a Sherlock Holmesish extension of intuition is brilliant. I watched him not long ago and was totally impressed with how good he is at thinking on his feet and making people believe things that if they just used common sense they would realize can't be true. But, when it comes to Mindfreak, I can't say I enjoy what he has done with that show.

I am hoping that Jay Sankey will replace Banachek as the lead "consultant" of the show. I have no evidence that this is what will happen, but I've heard Banachek Edited about how much money hes lost on Mindfreak, so I'm hoping this is what is going on here. Banachek is brilliant at what he does, but, in my opinion he's not good at this tv stuff. I think Jay Sankey could make the show far more interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: meh
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:43 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 400
i dont have a problem with angel, just the people who always ask

"can you do that trick that criss angel does"

or believe it or not

"criss angel is a genius why don't you make your own tricks like him"

true he has made a few awesopme tricks, but a lot of his illusions aren't original, they are the awesome classics of magic with a modern twist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: meh
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:29 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 3120
Location: Everywhere, but no where
maverick1234 wrote:
I dont have a problem with angel, just the people who always ask

"can you do that trick that criss angel does"

or believe it or not

"criss angel is a genius why don't you make your own tricks like him"

true he has made a few awesopme tricks, but a lot of his illusions aren't original, they are the awesome classics of magic with a modern twist.


Few, if any of Angel's effects are original. Most of them are created for him by consultants or advanced copies purchased for use on the show. The only effect I'm aware of, that he designed himself, was the sawing in half illusion that he performs at his evening show.


Quote:
they are the awesome classics of magic with a modern twist.

Some of them don't even have a modern twist. Or the twist is 'him' doing them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:11 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 16 Apr 2006
Posts: 54
I have read all these post...but one thing. How do you know Criss Angel is a fake? Any proof on you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 3120
Location: Everywhere, but no where
There's a million forums on that.
I can point out areas of the show where the film breaks and the camera is re-started (so something can be done).

Other than that, knowing how the effects are done (their strengths and weaknesses) makes it easy to know when you're dealing with a paid off audience.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.