View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: angel mentalism
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:32 pm 
Penguin

tonights episode said it would have the greatest mentalism effect of all time... no way copperfields lottery beats it by at least 10000 times.

any thoughts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:19 pm 
born to perform.

Is it the one where he has a pre-recorded DVD and people guess the info on it before he plays it?

That's a cool mentalism effect, but i like some of the other ones he does. It's definitley not the best.

Post subject: ya
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:34 pm 
Penguin

ya... for those who didn't see it... CRISS ANGEL'S MENTALIST TRICK. criss gets random people to name a food a price and a colour. he has a dvd where he interviews a family who had the same food, the father had the same colour tie, and they paid the named price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:39 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah none of his mentalism effects have been good enough to be called the greatest mentalism effect ever, and if Banachek wasn't helping him and was competition Angel would never compare to Banachek with mentalism. I don't think Copperfield would compare to Banachek either if Banachek had a show or did the best illusion he could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:11 am 
Emperor Penguin

Most of what Copperfield does isn't really mentalism. It's more like mental magic. But thecooltonto is correct, with out Banachek (and can't forget Luke Jermay), Angel would have very few good mentalism effects. Angel will never compare to either of them. Personally, I think Derren Brown is also far better then Angel in mentalism, and probably card handling as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:49 am 
Penguin

You have to do some pre-show work to accomplish the effect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:18 am 
Penguin

it might not have been the BEST, but i think he meant to magicians its the greatest - on a difficulty [sp?] level

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:43 pm 
Penguin

I figured this trick out pretty easily. It's the only thing Criss Angel ever did that I actually liked (obviously not his creation). Too bad I don't have the funds, equipment, or a "random" family to do this with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:20 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Most of what Copperfield does isn't really mentalism. It's more like mental magic. But thecooltonto is correct, with out Banachek (and can't forget Luke Jermay), Angel would have very few good mentalism effects. Angel will never compare to either of them. Personally, I think Derren Brown is also far better then Angel in mentalism, and probably card handling as well.

most people are better card handlers than Angel. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Well, I would say Derren Brown is also a better card handler then Blaine. Derren Brown is an amazing card handler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:24 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Well, I would say Derren Brown is also a better card handler then Blaine. Derren Brown is an amazing card handler.

If you are so sure that he is a better card handler than Blaine (which i kind of agree with), then why do you say "probably" when talking about Angel? Angel's card handling is crap.

Woot woot, haven't bashed Angel like this for a while, feels good. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:22 pm 
born to perform.

Although I don't think Angel is an awesome mentalist, I do think it should be pointed out that any mentalism on television is really a joke so going by any film to determine how good of a mentalist someone is isn't that great of an idea because mentalism can be faked too easily on film, with actors or whatever. So you really don't know how much is a real trick and how much is faked, so its hard to say this person is good at mentalism or that person is bad when basing those opinions off of film.

But you have some people who have reputations of course without just their videos and films and stuff like Banachek, people that have a reputation that you can't dispute. However, Angel nor Blaine are either one of those people. I get the feeling Blaine does know a good bit of mentalism though, probably not like a one of the best level but just a good level, hopefully you get what I'm trying to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:53 pm 
Penguin

Criss Angel was a street mentalist (not only) without cameras before he was famous

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:32 am 
born to perform.

oasis604 wrote:
Criss Angel was a street mentalist (not only) without cameras before he was famous

He was a stage magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:05 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah he has done stage his entire career, even before his career because where as most kids and teenagers are performing street/close-up material he was performing metamorphisis and stuff like that because he grew up in a wealthy family that would buy him that stuff. So he has never really been much of a street magician.