View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:37 pm 
born to perform.

I am already reading Corinda's book, and I plan to take some phsychology classes while I'm in college. But anything about hypnotism would really help cause I don't recall any books or dvds about that. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

For hypnotism check out Ormond McGill. He's got some good books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:44 pm 
born to perform.

Alright I'll do a search on him sometime for some of his books on some different sites and see what I can find. Any good ones you would suggest in particular or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:14 pm 
born to perform.

i think it was all a stooge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:08 pm 
born to perform.

The last time I was at the magic castle their library had whole section on hypnosis. I will Look through some of the books and see if I can find anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:55 pm 
born to perform.

Well yeah I'm sure Angel was probably using stooges but some people think hypnotism is real and there are books and stuff about it so there must be something to it I guess. But my guess is that Angel's mass hypnotism was fake mostly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:43 am 
Emperor Penguin

The mass hypnotism doesn't have to be fake. There are many myths about hypnotism, like you go into a deep sleep. For the most part, that's simply not true. What happens is that the partcipants simply do what they are told. They are still aware of what's going on, yet they just let themselves go with the flow. What he did was just a larger form of stage hypnotism. If you get a chance, Penn and Teller have an episode of their show Bull$hit that deals with hypnotism, and they actually speak to a stage hypnotism. It will give a lot of insight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:10 pm 
Penguin

muahahahaha

i actually have a book called "the everything hypnosis book" - hypnosis is real- it is silencing the consciousness or stopping the conciousness from interfering with your message - then it goes to the sub concious which is more "gullible" and there fore your suggestion is taken in the form of an order - hypnosis can not really be done against people's wills ( not that i know of) and under hypnosis u are in a Heightened sense of awareness
and u notice everything that is going on around u- apparently it is said that u wont do anything under hypnotism that u wouldnt normaly do ...

however i have seen a video (check you tube - maybe they have it)
that through hypnosis the hypnotist told the woman to simulate an orgasm, different levels of it too.... it wasnt explicit no it wasnt- but it was explicit to the ears. - so i dont kno about that one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

When under a "hypnotic trance" you won't do anything that you wouldn't normally do. For instance, if I were to put someone into a "hypnotic trance" and then told them to kill someone, they wouldn't do that, unless they were already willing to kill. All that really happens is that the hypnotist suggests things and the participants go along with it.

However, hypnotism isn't something people should play around with. There are many things that can go wrong. Since the people are willing, you can really mess with their minds. You can actually implant memories, so that when they do "wake up", they will believe that the memories that you implanted are true. So it's not something that should be played with. You have to be responsible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:22 pm 
Penguin

there is also a term in hypnotism called triggers- and if u figure out certain triggers that spark certain thoughts...- and its not just suggesting something - its not that easy -_-

when u normally suggest something the conciousness - analyzes it and they decide- but when they reach the trance state the consciousness is bypassed - and dosen't activate - and without the consciousness in the way - the suggestion can go undetered to the subconcious and be processed without analyzation - as for the will- the will is basically ur moral structure/ belief system which is located in your subconcious because your subconscious Stores all your memories

- as an example you are at a desk with a file cabinet- you do/plan your work on top of the desk and everything u did - is in the file cabinet- the file cabinet is your subconscious and the top of the desk is your consciousness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:14 am 
born to perform.

Hmm interesting stuff, I still don't get the "suggestion" part though lol. I can't wait until I read it in detail in some book, stuff like that is really interesting, like phsychology and all. At least to me it is. So I guess that hypnotism has something to it then if there are books teaching it and some of you guys know stuff about it. To be honest I thought maybe it was like a method of conveying a message saying you wanted the person to play along without anyone else seeing it except that person lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:03 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
When under a "hypnotic trance" you won't do anything that you wouldn't normally do. For instance, if I were to put someone into a "hypnotic trance" and then told them to kill someone, they wouldn't do that, unless they were already willing to kill. All that really happens is that the hypnotist suggests things and the participants go along with it.

However, hypnotism isn't something people should play around with. There are many things that can go wrong. Since the people are willing, you can really mess with their minds. You can actually implant memories, so that when they do "wake up", they will believe that the memories that you implanted are true. So it's not something that should be played with. You have to be responsible.

I agree i think you can hypnotise people but you cant make them do something they dont want to do.But it is dangerouse so be careful.

Dan

Post subject: aww i said that
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:54 pm 
Penguin

aww why'd u quote him? i said it first T_T he just incorporated it into his post