View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Criss angel's music?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:23 pm 
born to perform.

Anyone like his music? I have the official mindfreak soundtrack and it's pretty good. I might use some of the instrumental tracks for a performance beat. He's been a musician longer than he's been a proffesional magician, and i like his industrial/techno/rock tunes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:24 pm 
Penguin

i actually really enjoy his song at the begining of each episode. i had to get it. In my opinion hes a very good singer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:55 pm 
born to perform.

some of his tracks are pretty good some are ok. i dont think thats his real voice. it might be but i dont think so

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

It's his real voice. He's actually quite a talented muscian. He was in a band with the singer from Celldweller at one time. I believe the band was called Angeldust. I have all of Criss's cds though. He's got some good music that I've used in my shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:15 pm 
born to perform.

I like Mindfreak and MF2, but other than those two songs I find the rest of his music to be crap, but thats just me, I can see how you would like it. I just wish his music actually had some guitar leads and other stuff like that like other rock has, it just sounds wierd to me not having it somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:04 pm 
Penguin

a lot of his music was made for his perfomances, it was created to get people into a certain mood, and focus on the magic he was doing, and to choreograph it with the music aswell, i would guess he doesnt have guitar or drum solos because then people would be sitting in the audiance going "now thats some nice guitar playing, oh darn! i missed the trick, ahhaha" these are just my thoughts on it, they could be completely wrong, because i know some of his music was made for just listening to, but some was made for the performance aswell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:11 pm 
born to perform.

Most of his music was actually made before his television stuff so it was just for listening too, but I know what you're saying, like the song playing when he did his building to building levitation. That was probably entirely just for that. But like Mindfreak, thats a song he made as part of his music. And most of his music lacks good guitar as far as I have heard. But Mindfreak and MF2 both still sound good without great guitar in them. I just like that in music, I love hearing slash in Velvet Revolver and GnR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I get what you are saying thecooltonto. It's just his style though. If you ever listen to Celldweller, the music is close to the same style. I say it has more of a fantasy music. I have to agree that Criss does have some music that isn't the greatest though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:31 am 
Penguin

what i mean by the music is for his performances, im talking about his Mindfreak stage show a long time ago, not for the television series, but you will notice he does use them for all of his performances on the tv show...when he would do the dekolta chair vanish in his stage show before, he uses the same song as on the show
i like some of his music, im not really into rock or anything, but its alright

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:47 pm 
Penguin

does anyone know what song was played when Criss did Psychic Surgery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:44 pm 
Penguin

I have heard Criss Angel's music, I did not like it thet much. In one song he even says he's Edited, (Happy Edited) of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:29 pm 
born to perform.

Angel's music is seriously lackin as far as guitar solos, that drives me insane. How can you make rock/metal music and NOT have guitar solos?

But I like MF2 and the two mindfreak songs a lot. I don't get why he has two versions of mindfreak, and why he called MF2 MF2. I know it stands for mindfreak2, but why call everything mindfreak?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:39 pm 
Penguin

as someone said before he uses them for performance a lot, he was a magician before Mindfreak you know, he did stage and other stuff

also, you can have techno rock without lead guitar or solos or any of that, its just a little more techno then rock

and he made MF2 named MF2, i think, because it was sort of just a new idea based off the first one, although i dunno for sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:08 pm 
Penguin

I'm addicted to the song on his website.
^_^

www.CrissAngel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:46 pm 
born to perform.

yeah Narcotic your probably right, I think MF2 is his version of mindfreak that is like harder and more appealing musically, or that is his intention. But with his style of music it needs guitar solos. Maybe not his techno stuff, but both versions of mindfreak and mf2 need guitar solos, it would sound more like traditional rock or metal then.