View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Blaines newest stunt?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:25 am 
Penguin

I saw a commercial the other day for Blaine. He said that the "Target" chain of stores made a deal with him that if he could stay suspended in the air (while tied to one of those spinning astronaut training devices) for some odd number of days, they'de give him the chance to take two kids to target for an unlimited shopping spree. Anyone hear about this? I saw the commercial once, and my Aunt said that she saw an update of it, but I haven't heard another word about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:27 am 
Emperor Penguin

this was last week, he was able to get out in time. 8)

do a search there is a topic on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:33 am 
born to perform.

yeah they like didn't show it on tv or anything, that was lame, target was like laughing in america's face, like yeah Blaine is doing the impossible again...

But You Can't WATCH!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, Target, I really want to give u money now...

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:32 pm 
Penguin

I saw him, in time square. I went up for thanksgiving with my family, i found out he was there, dangling 5 stories up, so i went to see him. Im trying to get the pics up, but my comp is being a [edited] >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:02 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah, I thought it was a cool stunt, and for a good purpose. Too bad we didn't get to watch it. Hope there will be some footage of it in his next special, along with some magic. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:53 pm 
born to perform.

Blaine should either start doing like four specials a year or get his own show on television. Ever since angel has had like two hours everyweek on tv everyone has forgotten about Blaine and thinks Criss Angel is awesome. Its annoying, Blaine needs to realize that. But I think David Blaine will still be around when Criss Angel can't come up with original material for more television stuff anymore. That will be the day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:32 pm 
Penguin

thecooltonto wrote:
Blaine should either start doing like four specials a year or get his own show on television. Ever since angel has had like two hours everyweek on tv everyone has forgotten about Blaine and thinks Criss Angel is awesome. Its annoying, Blaine needs to realize that. But I think David Blaine will still be around when Criss Angel can't come up with original material for more television stuff anymore. That will be the day...

seriously, get a life and stop replying to almost every thread about how much you dont like Criss Angel and how much your in love with David Blaine...nobody cares and all it does is start arguements and pointless posts,
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

oasis604 wrote:
thecooltonto wrote:

seriously, get a life and stop replying to almost every thread about how much you dont like Criss Angel and how much your in love with David Blaine...nobody cares and all it does is start arguements and pointless posts,
thanks

Seriously get a life and stop worrying about what others say. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:39 pm 
born to perform.

Actually the majority of people i know have only heard of blaine and have no idea who criss angel is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:30 pm 
born to perform.

Well first of all if you read anything I post, like actual new topics, they aren't posted to start arguments. And second, I wasn't putting Angel down with what I just said. It makes sense if you do a show every week that you will run out of material quicker than someone doing one like once a year. And really, that is saying something good about Angel since he gets way more time than Blaine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:58 am 
Emperor Penguin

I don't think Blaine even wants to do magic specials though. From his current trend, it seems as if he wants to be protrayed as basically a dare devil. He's been doing less magic, and more focusing on his stunts. Meaning, it would be nearly impossible for him to even do a show like Criss Angel simply because his stunts take much longer. It would probably be difficult doing more then one show a year also, since he has to train so hard for his stunt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:10 am 
born to perform.

You know whats sad, theres this Criss Angel lover at my school. She loves everything about him and she actually believes he can do everything he does on his shows, pretty sad I say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:34 pm 
born to perform.

thats funny lol

I was talking to someone a couple of days ago over the internet and i told them to watch a clip of Blaine pulling his heart out and they asked me if the devil was involved lol. Like seriously, not jokin about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:40 pm 
Penguin

laymen belive its real magic so dont put angel down just because ur sorry [edited] cant do that

the reason why blaine and angel are so good on camera and off is because they both have a killer magician group

angel has banacheck that guy cant find about everything he fooled scientists he teaches criss unrealesed effects

now hes got sankey

plus hes got countless off top notch magicians which he pays to come up with ideas for him

same for goes for blaine i mean he has paul harris that guy has tons of materail that he did not realese to the magicians thru books

so just shut the edited up and practice ur DL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:07 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Quote:
same for goes for blaine I mean he has paul harris that guy has tons of materail that he did not realese to the magicians thru books

You should really do some research before you shoot your mouth of. David Blaine, for the most part, hasn't done any effect on tv that I couldn't buy. I know how to do all the effects that I've seen Blaine do.
Quote:
angel has banacheck that guy cant find about everything he fooled scientists he teaches criss unrealesed effects
I've actually discussed the whole fooling the scientist thing with Banachek. From what I've read, and what he's said, he really didn't do anything spectatular. Not saying he's a crappy magician, I'm just saying that he really didn't do anything special with the whole fooling the scientist thing. Other then that, yes, Banachek has created some great effects, but those effects were for the Mindfreak series, which many will agree sucks. And they have a right to. I think season two sucked, and I have no respect for Criss anymore.

Quote:
laymen belive its real magic so dont put angel down just because ur sorry [edited] cant do that
Do you really think you should be commenting on someone's skill, when you really have no idea what you are talking about? I mean, have you seen him perform, I doubt it. And big deal that Angel can make people believe what he's doing is real. I can make people think what I'm doing is real. It's really not that hard.

So just chill out, take a deep breath, maybe go take a walk.