View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:05 pm 
Penguin

SirLurch wrote:
I also stated that he will be doing the luxor float in front of all of vegas, how can he possibly make it a camera trick. thousands will be watching, and it would be highly unlikely that he could keep that many people quiet.

I apologize, apparently I didn't read the post correctly. But still, I'll believe it when I see it.

I also want to believe that what he does is real, so untill I get some proof that they aren't I wont believe they are camera tricks.

My response to this: learn more about the effects he's performing. Find out what their limits are and find out what their capabilities are. When you do, you will see through the camera tricks just like the rest of us. [/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:54 pm 
Penguin

I have always believed that a portion of his "Illusions" are actually real.

Criss Angel, himself, states that some of are real and some are not. Trust me, I have the experience I need to determine the difference between tricks and spiritual feats.

I am in no way saying that this illusion in particular is real or fake.

Post subject: on the outside looking in
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:16 pm 
Penguin

Ok Ok Ok Enough already!! If you think it is editing and or camera tricks or that he used wires or the dude is freakin truly real and floated using no trickery what so ever :D However I am just reading post after post of I know how he did it and it was camera tricks or I know how he did it and it was wires. I will tell you all what. We can solve this stupid arguement of overbearing envious ego's!!!(Thats right you are in envy of someone who has finally made it in our art and put magic back on the map and now all you can do is rip the guy) Listen isnt our craft about reactions? If so, does he get the reactions from the lay people AT HOME that is needed to keep his show on TV? I would think so, and he has done a great job doing that. Then you have all this he is crap he is a hack then no I didnt say that and blah blah blah blah blah! Well most of you are saying that he is a hack. But lets face it no one at home wants to watch Siegfred and Roy once a week on a stage doing tiger tricks using some gimmick that is hidden off stage. edited about 7 years ago I saw S and R in Vegas and could see the boom lift making him levitate. Does that mean because they use a freakin crane that they are hacks. Using a stooge has gone back many many years and everyone who has ever seen a live show has seen or heard a stooge. Give me a freaking break. It is made for the people at home watching, the Lay people. When you have one pro telling another pro that he sucks or he cant do that then personally I hear someone saying that they suck themselves but look at this piece of crap he sucks even more, please look the other way. SOOOOO here is the argurment solver!!! Tell us the camera trick used tell us what he did excatly what it was he did, the method of camera trickery he used. IF all you can say is I know the method he used and it was a camera trick then all you are really saying is that you have no freakin clue what you are talking about. The old saying goes back up what you say with facts or you are just talking out your backside. So lets hear it. And one more thing dont be jealous of someone who has finally put magic back onto the map and made it a cool thing again. Remember 10 years ago we were the nerds and dorks doing magic (dont lie you know we were) and now look! People are actually interested when you go up to them and say can I show you something, when 10 years ago you may have been shot for asking that. :D So please cant we all just get along and be greatful that magic is back and back at full speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:33 pm 
born to perform.

The differenece is that stage magicains can do their magic live and Angel can't do his camera tricks live. He amde magic more popular? So did Blaine, even more so than Angel, he didn't use nearly as much camera editing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:01 am 
Penguin

Elven wrote:
I have always believed that a portion of his "Illusions" are actually real.
Couldn't agree more. In the first season, I thought some of his show enders where phenominal, and his stage show is excellent. Those are the places where he excells.

Criss Angel, himself, states that some of are real and some are not. Trust me, I have the experience I need to determine the difference between tricks and spiritual feats.
No one here is talking about spiritual feats vs. illusions. We're talking about illusions vs. camera tricks.

I am in no way saying that this illusion in particular is real or fake.
Excellent way to end the post (I am being serious).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:30 pm 
born to perform.

Ok look, I am not one to expose tricks, regardless of camera trickery, or camera editing involved either. Sometimes if I feel like it I might expose a camera trick to someone so that they understand how everything they see is not something that they could actually see a magician do, but thats rare. However, because of that arguement, if a mod will tell me it is ok to expose angel's building levitation I MIGHT pm like one to three people about it, just for proof that I DO KNOW what I am saying. But I really doubt there are many people who want it exposed even to one person regardless of whether camera trickery was involved or not. I know normally I don't tell this one ever, although I will say its a camera trick to people.

And I know that the majority of us talking about camera trickery are not jealous of Angel! I think those of you who say that don't know enough to debate the topic with us, and therefore resort to that. In other words, I think saying we're jealous of angel= I don't know enough to argue with you but I know that you're wrong!

Please stop saying we're jealous. I am really getting tired of hearing that.

Now, about the Luxor, is he going to levitate from the roof of the Luxor to the roof of the Aladin or whatever in daylight? No. Therefore it is NOT THE SAME ILLUSION. So that means it is irrelevant to whether his building to building levitation was a camera trick or not. My guess is this Luxor levitation will not be nearly as impressive as the building to building one, that it will be more similar to the levitations on his first levitation episode of mindfreak. In other words I'm guessing controlled lighting, controlled angles, no moving/ floating around place to place, and no more than 25 feet of height.

So if a mod says its ok, I MIGHT expose the idea I have about his building to building levitation to like one or two people that I think would be responsible about it. But I doubt a mod will agree, and I doubt I will decide to expose it just to back up what I'm saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:37 am 
Penguin

You're allowed to do things like that in the PMs, that's what they're for.

That aside, just expose the stuff you can catch from watching the show. Like the bus CTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:00 am 
born to perform.

jonathanb510 wrote:
You're allowed to do things like that in the PMs, that's what they're for.

That aside, just expose the stuff you can catch from watching the show. Like the bus CTW.

jon, you just hit 200 posts, how do you feel?

Anywho. some of Angel's stuff is really cool. The sawing in half for instance.

I'm not getting into this discussion due to legal boundries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:57 pm 
born to perform.

where can i find him doing this buidling levetation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:23 pm 
born to perform.

On the telli'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:41 pm 
born to perform.

he also couldve green screened it..and filmde stooges looking up and being amzed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:47 pm 
born to perform.

thecooltonto wrote:
Watch the video extremely carefully and really scrutinize every detail and you can find the method he used. Interestingly enough, the method is actually shown a couple of times way off in the background, but its nothing to do with what is making him do it, its just the same thing. I don't want to expose anything, but just watch the video carefully as in the background and the path that he follows and the areas actually shown, and you should figure out how he did it. And it was a camera trick. The camera controlled the viewing angles. The main angle issues were above him and behind or either to the side of the cameras depending on the shots.

Also yeah he uses stooges a lot, and some of his tricks are camera tricks because they are way too angle sensitive to be done without a camera. However, I have to say I wonder if he is not replicating illusions with a camera trick for tv sometimes, but I really think he just uses camera trickery to be using it. Blaine I think did it to protect a secret kind of, but I don't think thats what angel is doing.

And a building to building levitation would be extremely difficult to do without camera trickery or without controlled stage lighting because wire needs to be so much stronger if you are not using it the way it is normally used. I don't want to expose methods, so its kind of hard to explain. Not to mention you would need the proper buildings, and the proper place because you could get in trouble doing something like that in a city in most areas of course. And the biggest thing is safety probably, cause u don't want to die lol.

But of course magicians like Angel and Copperfield do flying/levitating illusions on a major scale in their stage shows, but that is very different than doing a building to building levitation without being able to control your surroundings or have anything over you.

Fallingblood, I agree Angel is probably not a good director, but I think they cut the building to building levitation into many shots intentionally to make it harder to figure it out, because first you have to kind of see whats going on despite the continuous shot changing. That really made the building to building levitation look better I think on tv than if he had shown it in one shot. It would be a little more obvious how it was done then.

So thats my opinion about that stuff.

Alright you saying that you don't want to expose anything and then you say that it was all camera tricks so then what is there to expose? Its a matter of him getting from point A to point B with out "us" seeing. Its called TV, this has no impact on us in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:29 am 
born to perform.

But your opinion isn;t important. 'Public Opinion' is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:25 pm 
born to perform.

Camera tricks have methods too...