View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: david blaine, walked on water ?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:00 am 
Penguin

Hello. I dont know if this is true or not, I was highly doubting that it happened. however someone at work claims he watched david blaine and saw him walk on water ? reason I didnt believe him is that according to pen and teller, david blaine agree to NOT do this effect because the creator of the effect did not give permision rights. "criss asked for the rights and was denied, and went ahead and did it anyways". Now I have looked everywhere online, youtube, google, yahoo, typed in anything related to david blaine and walking on water, and did not get a single link of info. so I have come here to ask if ANYONE here have ANY info regarding david blaind and walkin on water. ANY info, vids or any proof of it occuring at all, please respond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:29 am 
born to perform.

Your friend is mistaken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:06 am 
born to perform.

he walked in the water ,not on the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:20 am 
born to perform.

pfft! I can do that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:14 pm 
Penguin

thats what I was thinking, I have seen all his stuff, but never have I watched him walk on water, I know he walked IN water, I watched his whole drowned alive and saw nothing... yet he believes he saw blaine walk on water, he claims blaine was at a kids park, and was walkin on the water even dropped his shoe in the water and a kid picke dit up... however to me, it just seems he mixed up criss angel along withs omething else. because only criss dropped the shoe in water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:06 pm 
born to perform.

It's possible he did it. He promised Kole he wouldnt use the effect on TV. Maybe he just performed it, he is a magician, he performs magic. But meh, it hardly matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:41 pm 
born to perform.

The guy probably saw criss angel do it and then mistakenly said david blaine because those are the only two magicians you see on TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:08 pm 
Penguin

my thoguhts exacly kraynik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:04 am 
born to perform.

How do you mistake Angel for Blaine?

Post subject: bah
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:45 am 
Penguin

i never knew that you can deny someone performing a trick.

copying and claiming ownership of the trick maybee, but performing it.

Post subject: Re: bah
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:25 am 
born to perform.

maverick1234 wrote:
I never knew that you can deny someone performing a trick.

copying and claiming ownership of the trick maybee, but performing it.

If you mean 'deny allowing them to perform the trick' yes. If you create an effect, you own it; and no one can take it from you.

I don't allow any of my effects to be performed in any visual media, it's in the instructions. When people post videos of my effects on Youtube, they are warned and if needed sued. They can't deny knowledge of the restriction because it's in the instructions, so there. I've never lost a lawsuit on this subject.

Bottom line, if the creator of an effect says "No go". you can't use it. If you bought it, then you could do it for fun and all, but there are limits.

Post subject: Re: david blaine, walked on water ?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:14 pm 
born to perform.

[Darkness] wrote:
Hello. I dont know if this is true or not, I was highly doubting that it happened. however someone at work claims he watched david blaine and saw him walk on water ? reason I didnt believe him is that according to pen and teller, david blaine agree to NOT do this effect because the creator of the effect did not give permision rights. "criss asked for the rights and was denied, and went ahead and did it anyways". Now I have looked everywhere online, youtube, google, yahoo, typed in anything related to david blaine and walking on water, and did not get a single link of info. so I have come here to ask if ANYONE here have ANY info regarding david blaind and walkin on water. ANY info, vids or any proof of it occuring at all, please respond.

The guy didnt claim Blaine did it on media.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:21 am 
Emperor Penguin

actually, when you "purchase" an effect, you purchase the right to perform that effect anywhere you want. You can't stop people from performing something you allowed the public to have. You may have put that in the instructions, but you did not put it in a disclaimer that was tp be read before purchasing the effect. If someone took you to court over it, they would win for false advertisement. I personally will not purchase an effect from you now, regardless of how nice it is, because I wouldnt be able to perform it except for fun. I still have respect for you creator because of the way you handled my situation, but I do not like that you do not want people performing your effects. I can understand why, exposure. If you were that worried about it though, you would not have those items sold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:16 am 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
actually, when you "purchase" an effect, you purchase the right to perform that effect anywhere you want. You can't stop people from performing something you allowed the public to have. You may have put that in the instructions, but you did not put it in a disclaimer that was tp be read before purchasing the effect.

I mis-spoke. If you check the forums about my work, I state very clearly that the effects are confined to my guidelines, long before people buy them. Those who have purchased my effects, knew this going in.

If someone took you to court over it, they would win for false advertisement.

Not in my experience.

I personally will not purchase an effect from you now, regardless of how nice it is, because I wouldnt be able to perform it except for fun.

I understand that completely, but again I said it wrong. I don't stop people from performing the effects in their shows or for money.
If you have read my comments in the forums about my work, you will see that I suggest saving these effects for your shows.
I know that no-one is going to buy something and then not perform it; I just don't allow videos and photos (mostly top stop it from getting on youtube and being stolen/exposed).

I can understand why, exposure. If you were that worried about it though, you would not have those items sold.

I still need to make a living, but I set limits on the production and sale of my effects because they are special to me. I've spent years creating some of these effects, and no-one is going to steal them from me now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:57 am 
Emperor Penguin

Thank you for clearing that up for me, now it makes sense.